Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

icons for favorites

Hello -

I have been looking and looking for how to change the icon for favorites inside LMS. I am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 -- I have looked in the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver directories etc, and after looking at the "icon=" text, I cannot figure out how to make the change from file favorites.png to another icon ..

Here is the line from favorites.opml I wish to modify - I would like to change the default icon

icon="html/images/favorites.png" text="FM"

Any help appreciated

The icon paramter can be a partial URL (the remainder of path is within LMS directory) as in Favorites - the file you refer to is in the Favorites plugin directory - something like Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images/favorites.png

However you can have a full URL such as icon="http://radio-service-information.api.bbci.co.uk/logos/bbc_radio/600x600.png" for a BBC station logo
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-12-28 at 15:54.

Thx for the BBC link - I will try this as a substitute to replace the icon= statement inside favorites.opml

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    Thx for the BBC link - I will try this as a substitute to replace the icon= statement inside favorites.opml

Cheers
    If you want to change the default picture for ALL - then change the favorites.png file in the LMS directory.

Please - forgive my confusion .. looking for "HTML 101" answer --

I was able to change a radio icon (secret agent) with a cover of a local album I have on the network server .. edited favorites.opml using nano with no plms..

http://10.209.162.144:9000/music/216105/cover.png (will display the thumbnail)

BUT - for the life of me, I cannot find the actual file when using ssh -- not in /var/www/html ... is there an alternate directory for port 9000 ??

I understand that SBS uses port 9000 -- but where is the actual file stored on the server ?? this is such basic stuff - but help appreciated...

Bill Clark
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    Please - forgive my confusion .. looking for "HTML 101" answer --

I was able to change a radio icon (secret agent) with a cover of a local album I have on the network server .. edited favorites.opml using nano with no plms..

http://10.209.162.144:9000/music/216105/cover.png (will display the thumbnail)

BUT - for the life of me, I cannot find the actual file when using ssh -- not in /var/www/html ... is there an alternate directory for port 9000 ??

I understand that SBS uses port 9000 -- but where is the actual file stored on the server ?? this is such basic stuff - but help appreciated...

Bill Clark
    Ports are only to do with network - nothing to do with file. LMS has no directories with "www". Files can be served from anywhere on any port - http URLs have rarely anything to do with file paths

1. Find the top level directory where you LMS application is saved (e.g. look for the file convert.conf)
    2. at a shell prompt "cd" to the directory
    3. then use the following command find . -name "favorites.png"

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

1. Find the top level directory where you LMS application is saved (e.g. look for the file convert.conf)
    2. at a shell prompt "cd" to the directory
    3. then use the following command find . -name "favorites.png"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is what I got with locate command -- ya think the file is buried deep enough ???
    All sorts of goodies in this sector of the galaxy ...thank you so much for your help here ...

[root@vorty2018 /]# locate favorites.png

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images/favorites.png

----------------------------------------------------------
    Bill CLark

--------------
    Followup =

FWIW - I was able to download a png of the bible, save it in the magic folder next to favorites.png, edit the line for Crooner Radio in the favorites.opml to use icon the bible.png, and this is what I got:

When LMS is updated the Plugin Favorites directories will be updated (i.e. probably all files deleted and new ones written) so you need to take a backup before an update so that you re-write the files into the directory after an update.

Makes sense -- I found a png of Pavarotti to grace the Viva La Voce stream through WETA ... what a fun way to customize feeds that do not provide streamed artwork/albumart