Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

icons for favorites

Hello -

I have been looking and looking for how to change the icon for favorites inside LMS. I am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 -- I have looked in the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver directories etc, and after looking at the "icon=" text, I cannot figure out how to make the change from file favorites.png to another icon ..

Here is the line from favorites.opml I wish to modify - I would like to change the default icon

icon="html/images/favorites.png" text="FM"

Any help appreciated

The icon paramter can be a partial URL (the remainder of path is within LMS directory) as in Favorites - the file you refer to is in the Favorites plugin directory - something like Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images/favorites.png

However you can have a full URL such as icon="http://radio-service-information.api.bbci.co.uk/logos/bbc_radio/600x600.png" for a BBC station logo
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-12-28 at 15:54.

Thx for the BBC link - I will try this as a substitute to replace the icon= statement inside favorites.opml

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    Thx for the BBC link - I will try this as a substitute to replace the icon= statement inside favorites.opml

Cheers
    If you want to change the default picture for ALL - then change the favorites.png file in the LMS directory.

Please - forgive my confusion .. looking for "HTML 101" answer --

I was able to change a radio icon (secret agent) with a cover of a local album I have on the network server .. edited favorites.opml using nano with no plms..

http://10.209.162.144:9000/music/216105/cover.png (will display the thumbnail)

BUT - for the life of me, I cannot find the actual file when using ssh -- not in /var/www/html ... is there an alternate directory for port 9000 ??

I understand that SBS uses port 9000 -- but where is the actual file stored on the server ?? this is such basic stuff - but help appreciated...

Bill Clark
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kappclark View Post
    Please - forgive my confusion .. looking for "HTML 101" answer --

I was able to change a radio icon (secret agent) with a cover of a local album I have on the network server .. edited favorites.opml using nano with no plms..

http://10.209.162.144:9000/music/216105/cover.png (will display the thumbnail)

BUT - for the life of me, I cannot find the actual file when using ssh -- not in /var/www/html ... is there an alternate directory for port 9000 ??

I understand that SBS uses port 9000 -- but where is the actual file stored on the server ?? this is such basic stuff - but help appreciated...

Bill Clark
    Ports are only to do with network - nothing to do with file. LMS has no directories with "www". Files can be served from anywhere on any port - http URLs have rarely anything to do with file paths

1. Find the top level directory where you LMS application is saved (e.g. look for the file convert.conf)
    2. at a shell prompt "cd" to the directory
    3. then use the following command find . -name "favorites.png"