Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Technically yes but seriously NOT WORTH it. The lag on TV will be 2-3 seconds minimum and therefore unbearable.

Get a normal amplifier with multiple line inputs. Plug a Pi/LMS into one of its inputs and TV into another. Switch inputs as required. This is the only way you will get TV sound without unacceptable delay.
    Can you recommend amplifier where I could plug a Pi/LMS into one of its inputs? How would I be able to 'control' the amplifier and switch between TV sound and LMS?

My current setup (which I inherited) was an Opus multi-room system with big clunky amps scattered around the house and this is what I want to replace (in fact some of the equipment has now broken).

Quote Originally Posted by tannaroo View Post
    Can you recommend amplifier where I could plug a Pi/LMS into one of its inputs? How would I be able to 'control' the amplifier and switch between TV sound and LMS?

My current setup (which I inherited) was an Opus multi-room system with big clunky amps scattered around the house and this is what I want to replace (in fact some of the equipment has now broken).
    Any stereo amplifier with remote control. Switch with remote so will need line of sight.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Any stereo amplifier with remote control. Switch with remote so will need line of sight.
    ok. what connection/how do I attach my Pi/Hifi Berry Amp to the stereo amplifier? HDMI?

Quote Originally Posted by tannaroo View Post
    ok. what connection/how do I attach my Pi/Hifi Berry Amp to the stereo amplifier? HDMI?
    The Hifi Berry Amp would not be needed in this case. Audio out from the Pi to the stereo amp can be achieved in various ways. It depends on the capabilities of the stereo amp. If the amp has a USB input then that's probably the easiest: USB 'out' from the Pi to USB 'in' to the amplifier. Alternatively you could replace the Hifi Berry amp with a digi board, which would likely have coax and toslink outputs depending which one you get. Or you could use a DAC board to provide stereo analogue outputs - probably the most compatible with any conventional analogue amplifier. You could even use the 3.5mm jack output from the Pi, but the other options would likely give you better sound quality.
    *EDIT: And not to ignore your suggestion - HDMI is also a possibility if your amp supports that as an input.