Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Inguz EQ/DRC

Inguz EQ/DRC

Over the years it has become increasingly difficult for anyone wishing to explore or use Inguz to find the necessary information and resources - having to scour very long threads, pick up various amendments, etc, etc.

So I've collated the Inguz resources into one place, on a Box.com shared folder. (Thank you bobertuk, for your help.)

I've also posted the current updated install files to this thread - so that everything is in one place.

Should there be any changes they will be on the shared Box.com folder

The resources include:
    - Documentation (in pdf files) (thanks to bobertuk for the originals)
    - Updated install files and instructions for Windows
    - Updated install files and instructions for Debian/Ubuntu
    - The individual updated Inguz files, previously posted to the "RC (Inguz etc.)" thread.

The updated install files incorporate the recently updated versions of the following, previously posted to the "RC (Inguz etc.)" thread - so the installs are now complete:
    - Plugin.pm
    - custom-types.conf
    - Index.html
    - InguzDSP.exe.conf

The Ubuntu install has been successfully tested on Ubuntu 14.04. (It might well work on other flavours of Debian but there are no guarantees.)

The install instructions are based on Hugh Pyle's original instructions, brought up to date. Some of the text refers to Duet Controllers, etc but the general idea is clear.

Although I have tested the files as far as possible - there are no guarantees. So use at your own risk.

The files should enable Inguz to be successfully installed on Windows or Ubuntu relatively straightforwardly.

As ever, be aware that the web browser settings only work with Internet Explorer (with Silverlight installed) - though they (and more) can be accessed using iPeng on an iPad, the equivalent on an Android device (not tested), and various other LMS controllers.

Link to shared folder:
    https://app.box.com/s/0iohpwgqnuiztmsd3y5g2dxqug4wdvq8

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Current Files, as at 22/12/18

Note: I have tested them as far as I can but there are no guarantees at all.

Updated Install Files for Ubuntu (step by step install) - see this post: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post929246
    Updated Install Files for Ubuntu (aided by scripts - quicker) - see this post: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post929248
    Links to individual updated files to use with existing installs - see this post: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post929250

Updated Windows Install Files:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnB; 2018-12-25 at 04:16.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Ubuntu, nice. With all this exe-stuff I wasn't too sure ...
    I'll try the installation on my 18.04 LMS
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

On Ubuntu the exe files are supported by mono - that's why it needs mono installed for Inguz to run.

Let me know how you get on.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Updated Install Files for Ubuntu - using step by step process (as per original install guidelines:

I've successfully tested these on Ubuntu 14.04 but, as ever, there are no guarantees at all.

If you are installing over an existing install there is one point to note:

If your previous install has used "W0153R's" installation guide - it installs four files in a different location to that specified by Hugh Pyle - so you will need to delete them manually. They are: InguzDSP.exe, InguzDSP.exe.config, InguzDSP and DSPUtil.ddl, all in /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/i386-linux/
    Last edited by JohnB; 2018-12-23 at 06:30.

Updated Install Files for Ubuntu - using script files to aid the process (quicker).

I couldn't upload the individual script files, so the two script files are in the "Two_Install_Scripts.zip", which will need to be unzipped to the same directory that InquzEQ.zip and InguzDSP_Ubuntu.zip are in (Do NOT unzip InguzEQ.zip or InguzDSP_Ubuntu.zip - that will happen as part of the installation process.)

It is also a very good idea indeed to download the full "Installation on Ubuntu" from the previous post - so you can see what the script files are doing.

I've successfully tested these on Ubuntu 14.04 but, as ever, there are no guarantees at all.

If you are installing over an existing install there is one point to note:

If your previous install has used "W0153R's" installation guide - it installs four files in a different location to that specified by Hugh Pyle - so you will need to delete them manually. They are: InguzDSP.exe, InguzDSP.exe.config, InguzDSP and DSPUtil.ddl, all in /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/i386-linux/
    Last edited by JohnB; 2018-12-23 at 06:30.

Links to individual updated files to use with existing installs:

Plugin.pm and custom-types.conf:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post928575

Index.html:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post928762

InguzDSP.exe.config:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post928847