Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    These WAV bandwidth and storage arguments are so 2003. Anyone having an issue moving a WAV stream around wirelessly in 2019 needs to get a new router.

Most of these audio file formats and their resulting streams are a trickle compared to even a 1080i file video stream, let alone a 4k one.

Any touch should have no problems handling up to 96/24 on a modern wireless connection, even on a G signal. A near perfect connection is needed if you are going to pass a 192/24 signal through one, but it is very do-able.

But 9000k is approaching ridiculous for any audio stream. If that is happening, transcode that down to something under 4000k.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmlaw View Post
    These WAV bandwidth and storage arguments are so 2003. Anyone having an issue moving a WAV stream around wirelessly in 2019 needs to get a new router.

Most of these audio file formats and their resulting streams are a trickle compared to even a 1080i file video stream, let alone a 4k one.

Any touch should have no problems handling up to 96/24 on a modern wireless connection, even on a G signal. A near perfect connection is needed if you are going to pass a 192/24 signal through one, but it is very do-able.

But 9000k is approaching ridiculous for any audio stream. If that is happening, transcode that down to something under 4000k.
    Aiff is aiff. It's uncompressed, so if it's 9000kbits then that's how much it is.

It's also actually *higher* bitrate than the 1080p stream you get from Netflix AND that has an embedded 5.1 soundtrack...

Still we don't have any inkling as to why *this* file buffers and others of the same resolution sample rate and (presumably) bitrate do not.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think the OP should at least check it out thge possibility by enabling logging player.source to INFO and see if LMS does something strange to the file.

However - why would affect just one file amongst other similarly encoded files ?
    We're getting pretty desperate here...!

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    We're getting pretty desperate here...!

Late to the party. We went through lots of stuff and never figured out why this one AIFF file behaved differently to the rest.

You're looking at the problem from the wrong end.
    The router is not the issue.
    The WiFi card in the Touch is. It is a lowly 54Mbps card. It is running at its limits.

The WAV is actually AIFF, and it is 24/192, so absolutely enormous.
    Chris :)

Yes I have a new router , however the old Squeezebox Touch OP is using is only compatible with older wifi standards and thus not as fast as one would like , besides squeezebox wifi have never been on top off things .

So the 2003 aproach still has merit when using old original squeezbox hardware .

And i also have the 1990 pow that stationary equipment can/should be wired as they dont move and the wire will always fit , why a complicated radio sulotion for estethic or lazyness reasons ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Yes I have a new router , however the old Squeezebox Touch OP is using is only compatible with older wifi standards and thus not as fast as one would like , besides squeezebox wifi have never been on top off things .

So the 2003 aproach still has merit when using old original squeezbox hardware .

And i also have the 1990 pow that stationary equipment can/should be wired as they dont move and the wire will always fit , why a complicated radio sulotion for estethic or lazyness reasons ?
    This is an academic exercise, since we knew from the first post that 192/24 would be at the limits of the Touch with a wireless connection. The curiousity lay in as smuch why some of the 192 files worked as much as the one that failed as failure was expected.

If the OP really wanted a wireless connection then I think something like a nano/travel router (e.g. tplink wr802 for 802.11 or wr902 for dual band) acting as a Client (i.e. wireless to Ethernet) might work at relatively low cost since the Touch can handle 192 on a wired connection.

Late to the party. We went through lots of stuff and never figured out why this one AIFF file behaved differently to the rest.
    I think I was meaning the past tense. Yes, I got that gist.

Presumably its a super special extra hard to decode aiff. Or that particular sequence of ones and zeros is more prone to noise related errors than any other..

--

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I think I was meaning the past tense. Yes, I got that gist.

Presumably its a super special extra hard to decode aiff. Or that particular sequence of ones and zeros is more prone to noise related errors than any other.]
    The things about AIFF is that it is PCM - uncompressed just different byte order to WAV. So swap the bytes and then pass straight to DAC. So in theory there is no processing difference between files or even between passages in a file. That is why theories about metadata were put up and also whether LMS got confused about something and added some extra processing even how file was stored on disk (very fragmented). Nothing definitive was found.

The things about AIFF is that it is PCM - uncompressed just different byte order to WAV. So swap the bytes and then pass straight to DAC. So in theory there is no processing difference between files or even between passages in a file. That is why theories about metadata were put up and also whether LMS got confused about something and added some extra processing even how file was stored on disk (very fragmented). Nothing definitive was found.
    Yes I came to the conclusion it has to be data pattern dependant.

As in, it's one of the aiff standards, but.. which one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi...ge_File_Format

I have only dipped into this thread, I realise folks have worked through a lot of stuff already.

--