Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    The WMAs are on the second Raspberry with PiCorePlayer server and dedicated HD. It plays well into Squeezebox Touch.

  2. #22
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bregg View Post
    I don't see any file?

    Name:  nofile.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  11.4 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I don't see any file?

    Name:  nofile.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  11.4 KB
    New Link:


    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oecneq77kj...0MUSE.wma?dl=0

  4. #24
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bregg View Post
    OK, got it.

    File plays fine with MediaMonkey on Win10 PC, it also plays fine on Squeezelite/piCorePlayer/Pi/HiFiBerry DAC+ when connected to LMS running on same Win10 PC. Filetype settings:

    Name:  WMAWin10.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  9.5 KB

    However I can't get the file to play on any player (Can't play file type for when players are connected to LMS running on Pi/piCorePlayer. Filetype settings:

    Name:  WMAPCP.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  10.4 KB

    However, this is probably down to me not knowing what extensions to install (and how) on the Pi, which is probably your predicament too?

    So sorry, I can't help you.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    1,531
    wmadec is Windows only - but the solution might be to use ffmpeg as described in old pCP thread
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post906130

    (quite possible that there is a different/better solution available nowadays)
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,309
    Testing with ffmpeg on the file.

    When converting it to WAV (which would be the same as squeezelite with ffmpeg libraries). The file converts but with lots of errors which will take time to research. The WMA file is playable with mplayer which also uses ffmpeg libraries.
    Code:
    wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9492476, current: 9492437; changing to 9492476. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9588702, current: 9588663; changing to 9588702. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9754606, current: 9754567; changing to 9754606. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9805806, current: 9805767; changing to 9805806. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9816037, current: 9815999; changing to 9816037. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    I'll see if I can play the file with squeezelite on Ubuntu.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,309
    Success ! - horrible noise when playing with Squeezelite-pulse (which has WMA support) on Ubuntu

    Lots of errors messages. The file is at "fault" - whether the file is "bad" or ffmpeg libraries can't cope with a certain feature remains to be determined..
    Code:
    [17:03:03.140933] discover_server:799 got response from: 192.168.1.58:3483
    [17:03:03.140951] slimproto:887 connecting to 192.168.1.58:3483
    [17:03:03.141002] slimproto:926 connected
    [17:03:03.141011] slimproto:937 local player
    [17:03:03.141016] sendHELO:134 mac: 74:da:38:a6:39:77
    [17:03:03.141020] sendHELO:136 cap: CanHTTPS=1,Model=squeezelite,AccuratePlayPoints=1,HasDigitalOut=1,HasPolarityInversion=1,Firmware=v1.9.2-1145,ModelName=SqueezeLite,MaxSampleRate=384000,dsf,dff,alc,wma,wmap,wmal,aac,ogg,flc,aif,pcm,mp3,loc
    [17:03:36.370774] ffmpeg: stream 0, timescale not set
    [17:03:36.371628] ffmpeg: Error : 6145837 bits left
    [17:03:36.371640] ffmpeg: Failed to decode all channels
    [17:03:47.093167] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(3584) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.093212] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.093823] ffmpeg: Found empty subframe
    [17:03:47.093846] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.094512] ffmpeg: Found empty subframe
    [17:03:47.094532] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.095059] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(2944) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.095080] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.095323] ffmpeg: Expect wrong output since inverse LPC filter[17:03:47.095329] ffmpeg:  is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
    [17:03:47.095334] ffmpeg: If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. (ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org)
    [17:03:47.095365] ffmpeg: Arithmetic coding[17:03:47.095369] ffmpeg:  is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
    [17:03:47.095373] ffmpeg: If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. (ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org)
    [17:03:47.095377] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.095598] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(3584) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.095607] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.095824] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(2688) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.095831] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.096044] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(2560) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.096051] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.096265] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(2304) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.096272] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input
    [17:03:47.096487] ffmpeg: broken frame: channel len(2176) > samples_per_frame(2048)
    [17:03:47.096494] ff_decode:408 avcodec_decode_audio4 error: -1094995529 Invalid data found when processing input

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Testing with ffmpeg on the file.

    When converting it to WAV (which would be the same as squeezelite with ffmpeg libraries). The file converts but with lots of errors which will take time to research. The WMA file is playable with mplayer which also uses ffmpeg libraries.
    Code:
    wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9492476, current: 9492437; changing to 9492476. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9588702, current: 9588663; changing to 9588702. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9754606, current: 9754567; changing to 9754606. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9805806, current: 9805767; changing to 9805806. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    [wav @ 0x55ffb335dec0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 9816037, current: 9815999; changing to 9816037. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    I'll see if I can play the file with squeezelite on Ubuntu.
    This is great, as the WMA file format was eliminated as a cause, with thanks !
    So the next suspect is the settings. File Size on Main Page tab? ALSA parameters under Squeezelite tab? PCP kernel under Tweeks tab? What works well for you?

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bregg View Post
    This is great, as the WMA file format was eliminated as a cause, with thanks !
    So the next suspect is the settings. File Size on Main Page tab? ALSA parameters under Squeezelite tab? PCP kernel under Tweeks tab? What works well for you?


    "Horrible noise" is a much better description than my "distortion", well said !

    FFmpeg libraries does indeed sound like a strong lead. Wonder if there is an alternative source or version for them ?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bregg View Post
    "Horrible noise" is a much better description than my "distortion", well said !

    FFmpeg libraries does indeed sound like a strong lead. Wonder if there is an alternative source or version for them ?
    ffmpeg is an area to check but also possibility the file is doing something "illegal" (certainly looks like it from the error messages)

    What application was used to rip the file ? Was it an MS application or a 3rd party ?

    WMA used to be proprietary (don't know current status as MS have open sourced lots of things). IIRC original ffmpeg WMA decoders were independently written without specifications or use of MS docs to avoid litigation. So some features may not have been implemented.

    Need to check whether latest version of ffmpeg still has the problems. Reporting problems to ffmpeg can be a pain and often not a quick reply. The source of the file (i.e. details of the ripping s/w) usually needs to be part of that report.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •