Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pandora problem

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    You must have seen my other comment. I'm unaware of a Spotify plugin at MySqueezebox.com

Are you using a plugin in conjunction with LMS?
    Yes. Spotty plugin with LMS.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Unfortunately the Pandora plugin hasn't seen any update for years.
    Pandora has not given us access to any of the new features, starting
    with higher bitrates many years ago.
    So................are you saying that Pandora works as well as it is ever going to, and is probably going to continually get worse? And that nothing, including a Premium subscription, is going to make things better?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Like you I ditched tidal. Spotify works well.

A buddy (who shall remain nameless, since he is no longer with us) insisted that Spotify is much better than Pandora.

Artists and songs that I listen to, on Pandora, are not even listed on Spotify. Deleted that app after 3 days.

Of all the streaming radio services, despite their insistence of trying to sneak The Eagles by me, Pandora is the most enjoyably service to listen to. Better variety, and occasionally digs up an artist that I never heard of, but is one that I like.

If it weren't for the stinking Eagles...............................(and the dead interface, obviously!).................

Quote Originally Posted by ar-t View Post
    A buddy (who shall remain nameless, since he is no longer with us) insisted that Spotify is much better than Pandora.

Artists and songs that I listen to, on Pandora, are not even listed on Spotify. Deleted that app after 3 days.

Of all the streaming radio services, despite their insistence of trying to sneak The Eagles by me, Pandora is the most enjoyably service to listen to. Better variety, and occasionally digs up an artist that I never heard of, but is one that I like.

If it weren't for the stinking Eagles...............................(and the dead interface, obviously!).................
    I'm mostly a person that likes to own my music (about 100,000 tracks). I use Spotify for checking out things I might like (and if I do, I buy the albums) and for streaming/playing from iThings when I'm travelling. I listen to Pandora as well, but only the free version, so can't specifically select songs or albums (thus my Spotify subscription).** My problem with Tidal was with breakups in the stream unrelated to my own internet connection (not with the music selection).

**Edit. I've always assumed that one can't select songs or complete albums on Pandora, at least for playback through LMS & Squeezeboxes.
    Last edited by garym; 2019-02-10 at 15:59.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Pandora problem

> So................are you saying that Pandora works as well as it is
    > ever going to, and is probably going to continually get worse? And that
    > nothing, including a Premium subscription, is going to make things
    > better?

As far as I can tell today, yes, that's true. I'd be very much surprised
    if Pandora suddenly opened up to us again.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > So................are you saying that Pandora works as well as it is
    > ever going to, and is probably going to continually get worse? And that
    > nothing, including a Premium subscription, is going to make things
    > better?

As far as I can tell today, yes, that's true. I'd be very much surprised
    if Pandora suddenly opened up to us again.

--

Michael
    Michael, have you ever seen this behavior?

Pandora works fine on my SB3, I'm able to select and create stations, etc. However, when using the Web Remote Control app from MySqueezebox.com, I get "Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" when clicking on the "Your Stations" link under Pandora. The rest of the Pandor links work, Album art updates, I'm able to pause the stream...I just can't change stations from the Web App.

Favorites, TuneIn, Radio.com, all other aspects of the web app seem to work fine.

This was all working fine several weeks ago before I changed password on something, I've been through every iteration of password changes, signing out, signing in, delete/reinstall that I could think of...

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdayton View Post
    Michael, have you ever seen this behavior?
    Update: I had idea to install LMS from the Admin account directly on my Mac after thorough removal following command line instructions. I have LMS up and running, the local web remote works, everything works. The problem I had that lead to all this was installing the LMS from a non-Admin account and just putting in the admin password when prompted. I had tried running the permissions correction script but I don't think it fixed everything.

Anyway, I've now got LMS stable on my Mac and am able to access the Local web control directly using http://127.0.0.1:9000/Default...so I don't need to go to mysqueezebox...much nicer remote anyway.

Thanks anyway.