• Show
Clear All
  • rgro
    • Nov 2009

Pandora problem

> Today getting a message "Client restricted due to licensing restrictions
    > (are you not in the US?)" and no service. I am in the US. I can sign
    > in using same credentials on pandora.com and that works. Tried
    > deleting/re-installing app at mysqueezebox.com and same error message.

Do you happen to use mysqueezebox.com rather than www.mysqueezebox.com?

--

Michael
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.
  • rgro
    • Nov 2009

Pandora problem

All of a sudden, after years of not having any problems with Pandora, this afternoon I'm getting a message that "Pandora is not available in your country". I'm in the USA...

Edit: Seems the problem was short-lived. All back to normal, now...
    Last edited by rgro; 2018-12-11, 22:53. Reason: Problem went away
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

Comment

• ar-t
      • Oct 2007

Having problems here, as well. Tells me "you must be a subscriber to use Pandora one this device". The problem was intermittent, the last few days, but is constant now.

The stations that I have saved in my favorites work; can't access the ones that are not.
      http://ar-t.co

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

Pandora problem

> Having problems here, as well. Tells me "you must be a subscriber to use
        > Pandora one this device". The problem was intermittent, the last few
        > days, but is constant now.

I've checked log files and saw that there must have been an issue on
        Pandora's end a few days ago. Has the situation normalized for you? Or
        are you still seeing the same issues?

Just to confirm: you are living in the US, aren't you?

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• ar-t
          • Oct 2007

It is totally dead now. And, yes, I am in the USA.

I did find a way to work around it. I logged into my Pandora account, and got the IPs of the stations that I listen to. Took those IPs, and massaged them so LMS will recognize them. The main problem that creates is they do not recognize me when I tell them to stop playing The Eagles.

(At this point, I know someone is going to ask what is wrong with The Eagles.)
          Attached Files

Comment

• mherger
            Babelfish's Best Boy
            • Apr 2005

Pandora problem

> It is totally dead now. And, yes, I am in the USA.

What ISP are you using? I've heard from some people that this was a
            known issue with some ISPs in the US.

--

Michael
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• ar-t
              • Oct 2007

Using ATT U-verse. (I hate it...................more than I hate The Eagles, but which ISP we use is not my decision.)

When the problem first started, it was after ATT went down, and came back up. (It does that waaaaaaay too often.) But, now it doesn't matter. Nothing we do at our end seems to help.

Comment

• DanSmedra
                • Mar 2014

Pandora Premium?

I upgraded to Premium thinking I could see and select Albums and Songs by Artist using my SBT. I'm I doing something wrong or was I dreaming?
                Music Sources: Digitally Imported (6), TIDAL, Spotify, etc. > LMS 8.2.1 > Three SBTs X iPeng 9.7.4 app. Bluetooth streaming as well.
                Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
                Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
                Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
                Use/Go Anywhere: Music apps > Bluetooth-enabled systems.

Comment

• mherger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

Pandora problem

> I upgraded to Premium thinking I could see and select Albums and Songs
                  > by Artist using my SBT. I'm I doing something wrong or was I dreaming?

Unfortunately the Pandora plugin hasn't seen any update for years.
                  Pandora has not given us access to any of the new features, starting
                  with higher bitrates many years ago.

--

Michael
                  Michael

Comment

• garym
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by DanSmedra
                    I upgraded to Premium thinking I could see and select Albums and Songs by Artist using my SBT. I'm I doing something wrong or was I dreaming?
                    Like you I ditched tidal. Spotify works well.
                    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• DanSmedra
                      • Mar 2014

Spotify?

Originally posted by garym

You must have seen my other comment. I'm unaware of a Spotify plugin at MySqueezebox.com

Are you using a plugin in conjunction with LMS?
                      Music Sources: Digitally Imported (6), TIDAL, Spotify, etc. > LMS 8.2.1 > Three SBTs X iPeng 9.7.4 app. Bluetooth streaming as well.
                      Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
                      Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
                      Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
                      Use/Go Anywhere: Music apps > Bluetooth-enabled systems.

Comment

• garym
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by DanSmedra
                        You must have seen my other comment. I'm unaware of a Spotify plugin at MySqueezebox.com

Are you using a plugin in conjunction with LMS?
                        Yes. Spotty plugin with LMS.
                        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• ar-t
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by mherger
                          Unfortunately the Pandora plugin hasn't seen any update for years.
                          Pandora has not given us access to any of the new features, starting
                          with higher bitrates many years ago.
                          So................are you saying that Pandora works as well as it is ever going to, and is probably going to continually get worse? And that nothing, including a Premium subscription, is going to make things better?

Comment

• ar-t
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by garym

A buddy (who shall remain nameless, since he is no longer with us) insisted that Spotify is much better than Pandora.

Artists and songs that I listen to, on Pandora, are not even listed on Spotify. Deleted that app after 3 days.

Of all the streaming radio services, despite their insistence of trying to sneak The Eagles by me, Pandora is the most enjoyably service to listen to. Better variety, and occasionally digs up an artist that I never heard of, but is one that I like.

If it weren't for the stinking Eagles...............................(and the dead interface, obviously!).................

Comment

• garym
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by ar-t
                              A buddy (who shall remain nameless, since he is no longer with us) insisted that Spotify is much better than Pandora.

Artists and songs that I listen to, on Pandora, are not even listed on Spotify. Deleted that app after 3 days.

Of all the streaming radio services, despite their insistence of trying to sneak The Eagles by me, Pandora is the most enjoyably service to listen to. Better variety, and occasionally digs up an artist that I never heard of, but is one that I like.

If it weren't for the stinking Eagles...............................(and the dead interface, obviously!).................
                              I'm mostly a person that likes to own my music (about 100,000 tracks). I use Spotify for checking out things I might like (and if I do, I buy the albums) and for streaming/playing from iThings when I'm travelling. I listen to Pandora as well, but only the free version, so can't specifically select songs or albums (thus my Spotify subscription).** My problem with Tidal was with breakups in the stream unrelated to my own internet connection (not with the music selection).

**Edit. I've always assumed that one can't select songs or complete albums on Pandora, at least for playback through LMS & Squeezeboxes.
                              Last edited by garym; 2019-02-10, 22:59.

Comment

Working...