Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer wireless speakers in need for power/wifi LEDs

HI folks,

just finished building my wireless speaker with pi Zero W and hifi berry miniAMP. Great combination!

I would now like to add two LEDs:

a) one red one for power status

b) one green one for wifi satus.

Does anyone know of a webpage that gives some pointers? If not, any clues as to where I would start? I suspect I would have to build some python script but does that mean I need to install python support etc?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    SqueezeTux

Search for "gpio power script" for the power status led, not sure about the wifi, though id be surprised if a clever cookie around here couldnt make something ??
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Everything can be done with shell scripts, python is not needed....power is easy, as you can just turn it on after boot. The script to do this is in the home directory when you ssh in.

WiFi status is a little trickier, as there are many thing needed to make sure the connection is working. I would recommend just pinging your router once a minute or so....and set the light based on the success of the ping.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thats a good way of checking wifi. I hadnt considered it.
    I have a fail/fool proof method I prefer to use though.
    If the music stops I know there's a problem somewhere
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |