Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox v3 died

The cats have rattled the Squeezebox back into the gap between the speaker on which it sits one time too many and now the display will no longer power on.

Having scanned through the forum I have tried:

Remove / replace wireless card
    Wired connection to router with wireless card removed (except antenna cables)
    Press firmly down on daughter board to check it hadn't been displaced
    Reset Xilinix chip

Nothing doing with any of these - red light in the back of the fibre-optic port lights ok

Card sets smells gently warm, nothing stinking or notably hot to the touch.

Power supply voltage is 5.25V disconnected and 4.4V when connected and measured at the card. That seems a little low but I don't know if the culprit lies within the PSU module or the electronics and I don't have a spare to fault find by substitution.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Most likely the power supply, voltage shouldn't drop that much when connected. Theoretically it could be something inside the SB3 drawing too much current, but given how prone the power supplies are to fail I'd say it's the place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    Most likely the power supply, voltage shouldn't drop that much when connected. Theoretically it could be something inside the SB3 drawing too much current, but given how prone the power supplies are to fail I'd say it's the place to start.
    +1 for that - it really looks like the PSU is faulty
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5