Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS not recognised

My handset does not recognise that LMS is running on my computer, so will not access the library [even tho it knows the library is there]. Have tried everything I can think of... any suggestions?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CardinaleRosso View Post
    My handset does not recognise that LMS is running on my computer, so will not access the library [even tho it knows the library is there]. Have tried everything I can think of... any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Has it ever worked? Without knowing anything about your system I would reset everything to factory settings and start again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Has it ever worked? Without knowing anything about your system I would reset everything to factory settings and start again.

Thanks - Yes did work for about 10 years - until my computer decided it didn't like the latest W10 update, so have had to reinstall OS to W7P. It has worked twice since then, but if I turn the computer off it and restart, LMS it isn't recognised as running [tho the library is recognised]. I have factory reset it about a dozen times, with no sustained success. It did work briefly when I installed an updated version of LMS a couple of days ago, but not now. Have run out of ideas, so if you have any... that would be great, thanks! Otherwise I have a hard drive with 290,000 tracks I can't listen to.

Thanks - Yes did work for about 10 years - until my computer decided it didn't like the latest W10 update, so have had to reinstall OS to W7P. It has worked twice since then, but if I turn the computer off it and restart, LMS it isn't recognised as running [tho the library is recognised]. I have factory reset it about a dozen times, with no sustained success. It did work briefly when I installed an updated version of LMS a couple of days ago, but not now. Have run out of ideas, so if you have any... that would be great, thanks! Otherwise I have a hard drive with 290,000 tracks I can't listen to.
    Are you using Windows Firewall? Maybe try turning it off to see if it is causing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Are you using Windows Firewall? Maybe try turning it off to see if it is causing issues.

Thanks - have turned it off and it seems to work - fingers crossed that it stays like that! Thanks again for suggestion.

Thanks - have turned it off and it seems to work - fingers crossed that it stays like that! Thanks again for suggestion.
    If you look around the forum a few people have had issues with Windows firewall.