Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's interesting that you can replicate the behaviour with Sox.exe 14.3.0 as I have failed to do so.

I only upgraded to 7.9.2 about a week ago and this is an example from the Inguz log.txt when I was running LMS 7.9.1 with sox.exe 14.3.0 - there was no error:

Code:
    20181128165001: 00:04:20:23:09:e3 Trying "C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\sox.exe" "C:\ProgramData\InguzEQ\Temp\RE00DAB05DEC.wav" "C:\ProgramData\InguzEQ\Temp\96000_00346E7913_Impulses_NSv5-2_15-15_MB-3dB_no-prc_VD_S44.wav" rate -v -I 96000
    20181128165001: 00:04:20:23:09:e3 Yes, that seemed to work.
    ("Yes, that seemed to work." is written to the log file if Sox Exit Code is 0.)

Also, if I temporarily swap both the current LMS 7.9.2 sox.exe and cygwin1.dll files for those of my prior install of LMS 7.9.1 the tests which I ran in the earlier posts are now successful, e.g.:

Code:
    C:\>"\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\sox.exe" "\ProgramData\InguzEQ\Temp\RE006E4F9FF9.wav" "\ProgramData\InguzEQ\Temp\48000_00AAF275B2_Impulses_Sv6-2_MB-6dB_S44.wav" rate -v -I 48000
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Squeezebox/server/Bin/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/sox WARN wav: wave header missing FmtExt chunk
    (The "warning" is this time had a fuller path to sox, including /cygdrive/c/.)

Thank you very much indeed for taking time to look at this.

Perhaps I am totally wrong (I often am) but I suspect the issue has something to do with the current builds of sox.exe and possibly cygwin1.dll. It does look to me as though the current builds of those files don't support Windows filepaths (though, as I said, I am often wrong).
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Perhaps I am totally wrong (I often am) but I suspect the issue has something to do with the current builds of sox.exe and possibly cygwin1.dll. It does look to me as though the current builds of those files don't support Windows filepaths (though, as I said, I am often wrong).
    Contact mherger/ralphy - as they have patched sox recently ( https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...public/7.9/sox ) for DSD and a few other things.
    Should check version of cygwin1.dll is correct as well - could there be a mismatch in cygwin1.dll versions between 14.3.0 and 14.4.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Contact mherger/ralphy - as they have patched sox recently ( https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...public/7.9/sox ) for DSD and a few other things.
    Should check version of cygwin1.dll is correct as well - could there be a mismatch in cygwin1.dll versions between 14.3.0 and 14.4.3 ?
    Thanks you for your help.

I've done some further tests pairing different versions of sox with the different versions of cygwin1.dll from LMS 7.9.1 and LMS 7.9.2.

Sox 14.3.0 in my tests successfully supported windows filepaths whether paired with the cygwin1.dll from LMS 7.9.1 or the cygwin1.dll from LMS 7.9.2.

Sox 14.4.3 didn't.

So might (or might not) point to changes in Sox 14.4.3.

(I've being very careful indeed not to lose track of which file is from which version!)

Thanks for your suggestion: I'll initially contact Michael to see what he says.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

The cygwin1.dll from sox 14.3.0 doesn't work with the newer 14.4.3 opus/dsd sox.exe.

Also, it does appear that the cygwin environment I used to build the updated sox.exe does have issues with windows file paths.

I've rebuilt the windows 14.4.3 sox.exe using a newer mingw32 toolchain that doesn't require cygwin1.dll. Can you test it? Seems to work fine with windows filepaths.

Can you test it and report your findings?

Please move or delete cygwin1.dll and sox.exe files from the LMS Bin/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread folder and extract the new one into that folder.

Thanks.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

ralphy,

Thank you very much indeed to looking at this.

I'll do the tests with the replacement file in a few hours time (I badly need to get away from the computer for a while).

ralphy,

It looks like a success!

My preliminary tests work fine, both "off line" in a Command window and with LMS + the Inguz plugin.

Thank you !!!

Thanks for the update.

Still need to run through the tests used when first updated sox.exe. If that's okay, I'll create a PR to get the latest sox.exe into LMS.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Still need to run through the tests used when first updated sox.exe. If that's okay, I'll create a PR to get the latest sox.exe into LMS.
    Hi ralphy,

Your newly compiled sox v14.4.3 works for me as well. I'm using it on Windows 10 with a newly complied InguzDSP.exe (thanks to JohnB) - filter switching now works correctly even though the sox 'polyphase' function has been deprecated from sox versions > 14.3.

Thank you

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macos Hich Sierra
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

The updated sox.exe is now included in LMS 7.9.2 as of December 10, 2018 (1544453860).
    Ralphy