Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Quote Originally Posted by nietgiftig View Post
    Is this your board?
    https://github.com/donny681/esp-adf/...2-lyrat-v4.rst

as far as I found out this board has an es8388 codec on board
    https://community.hiveeyes.org/t/aud...r-modules/1183
    Nope the board I have integrates the ESP32-A1S chipset which has an AC101 DAC on it. I'm sure the es8388 wouldn't be too difficult to integrate either but I don't have one so wouldn't be able to add the code.
    E.g.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32957553086.html

Quote Originally Posted by nietgiftig View Post
    How is the quality of this chip compared to a UDA1334 module
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CJMCU-1334-...wAAOSw19ddJJuk

https://www.esp32.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10811

I can buy ESP32-A1S WiFi BT Audio Development Kit in my country for EUR 30

But if the codec quality is not as good as the UDA1334 the I opt for a wrover & UDA1334 solution.
    As for audio quality, I can't really answer that one as I'm not an audiophile. I'm only currently using the line out, not the speaker amp and it sounds about as good as my ESP32 WROVER with PCM5102 DAC.

Esp32-a1s

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspreece10 View Post
    My ESP-A1S development board arrived today. It doesn't work out the box with SqueezeESP as the AC101 chip needs setting up but with some twiddling I've got it working . Will put in a PR soon.
    Hey could you tell me how you got the A1S with the AC101 working? At first, I wanted to order the same board, but then I decided to go the safer way and ordered the "normal" ESP32, because it's my first project... But the A1S seems to be the perfect choice for this project!

Quote Originally Posted by rhuber View Post
    Hey could you tell me how you got the A1S with the AC101 working? At first, I wanted to order the same board, but then I decided to go the safer way and ordered the "normal" ESP32, because it's my first project... But the A1S seems to be the perfect choice for this project!
    Sorry for the slow reply. I've put in a PR adding support for A1S. It needs more cleanup work but is currently fully functional so you are more then welcome to check it out. See https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/pull/15

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspreece10 View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply. I've put in a PR adding support for A1S. It needs more cleanup work but is currently fully functional so you are more then welcome to check it out. See https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/pull/15
    I'm going to leave the pr opened, and perhaps also link to your repository from the readme, but for now I can't merge your changes as we are stabilizing the code in preparation for the first batch of SqueezeAmp. Also, we are likely going to do some significant refactoring of our embedded model to decouple the squeezelite code base as much as possible from platform specific code. This will allow, in the end, better scalability and easier maintenance as other platform of interest are likely to come up in the future.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

I've admired the work in here for a while, ever since I saw what a ESP8266 can do I was sure someone would make this happen.
    Giving the added capabilities of the ESP32 this is actually a quite reasonable endavour. Mad props to all who contributed!

Is there a way to compile this code with support for the built-in (shoddy) DAC?
    For serious operations this is no good, but for testing or playing with it it might be useful... or not.

I've compiled bgirauts code who started this all, and it works without DAC with some modifications.
    While this works with my LMS, it does not appear to start playing or resume after powering on on its own, which is a bummer in my case. The player is set up in LMS accordingly.
    Any ideas why this happens?

Before anyone asks: I'm trying to cobbled together a SqueezePlay-enabled tinker toy of sorts, and am glad for a reasonably stable codebase.
    Running Squeezecenter 7.9 on MariaDB 10.1.38
    Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS Server
    SqueezeBox Boom (x2) - SqueezeBox Classic - Squeezebox Radio

Quote Originally Posted by fizze View Post
    I've admired the work in here for a while, ever since I saw what a ESP8266 can do I was sure someone would make this happen.
    Giving the added capabilities of the ESP32 this is actually a quite reasonable endavour. Mad props to all who contributed!

Is there a way to compile this code with support for the built-in (shoddy) DAC?
    For serious operations this is no good, but for testing or playing with it it might be useful... or not.

I've compiled bgirauts code who started this all, and it works without DAC with some modifications.
    While this works with my LMS, it does not appear to start playing or resume after powering on on its own, which is a bummer in my case. The player is set up in LMS accordingly.
    Any ideas why this happens?

Before anyone asks: I'm trying to cobbled together a SqueezePlay-enabled tinker toy of sorts, and am glad for a reasonably stable codebase.
    The code from @bgiraut's repository is the starting point of the whole thing. It is simple enough to get your feet wet on building a player from scratch, it requires the use of an external decoder since it does not contain codecs. If you are using either @philippe44's repo or mine, you have a full fledged squeezelite at your disposition, but getting used to the code base is a different order of magnitude if you don't have a basic understanding of the slimproto commands, etc.

As for your request, we ruled it out and the explanation is here:
    https://github.com/philippe44/squeez...sp32/issues/25

thank you!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

Ok, that makes sense.

Any idea why it does not resume/restart on power on by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by fizze View Post
    Ok, that makes sense.

Any idea why it does not resume/restart on power on by any chance?
    What is ôitö in that context?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

that would be bgirauts code on an ESP32 board with the internal DAC.
    It's playing fine, when I control it remotely. (Well, however fine can be considered using the internal DAC... tee-hee)

Wifi signal is strong, I'm only a few meters from the AP.
    I've noticed that the player ID is hardcoded to 00:00:00:00:00:01 instead of some parts of the MAC address, but that seems like any other play ID to LMS if I'm reading the logs right.