Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @brjhaverkamp : it should. I have start with an ESP8266 and software library for audio decoding and it was working pretty well. The problem of the ESP8266 is the 64ko of ram which is to small to have a ringbuffer that can handle big network latency.

How do you want to use the expressif mp3 library. It seems to be limited to MP3 decoding. This one 'https://github.com/earlephilhower/ESP8266Audio' do the same job and more !!

Ah, great advice. Merci Beaucoup!

I hadn't researched alternative libraries yet.
    But this one looks perfect! It has a much wider list of codecs and seems to be more actively updated as well:-)
    And still does I2S.

Cheers,

Bert

I'am geeting crazy. Everthing is working well but at the end of a track, the server don't send the next one. I have sniff with wireshark packets send by squeezeslave and squeezelite and i do exactly the samething.
    I haven't found many documentation on SlimProto except the wiki on slimdevices.com so if anyone of you have technical information ?

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    I'am geeting crazy. Everthing is working well but at the end of a track, the server don't send the next one. I have sniff with wireshark packets send by squeezeslave and squeezelite and i do exactly the samething.
    I haven't found many documentation on SlimProto except the wiki on slimdevices.com so if anyone of you have technical information ?
    IIRC The end of a track is signalled by player buffer becoming empty (details in a STAT response to a LMS STAT enquiry) , at a threshold level LMS will start sending the next track (i.e. initiate a another GET by the player )

To see slimproto in action just enable logging of squeezelite (i.e. -d slimproto=sdebug)
    Also enable LMS logging to DEBUG network.protocol.slimproto - this will decode slimproto messages to/from LMS. To avaoid confusion - only have one squeezelite player active (i.e. no display) .

get to understand the different STAT messages and the parameters / responses. If necessary look at the source code in squeezelite or LMS.

Not sure if Wiki info has more than the info on LMS WebUI - Help / Technical Information / The squeezebox Client Protocol
    It is not up to date with some of the additions added to support Jive players and squeezelite (e.g. extend HELO, adding UUIDs etc)
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-01 at 08:28.

@bpa : Empty buffer don't always means end of the current track, and can be due to a network latency no ???
    Anyway, is it a STAT reponse from the client that produce the change of track ? I already send STAT info when the server ask for but probably not with the good parameters.

I am so stupid, i dont even have the idee to unable debug information of squeezelite but use packet sniffer to analyse exchanges between client and server.

Thx a lot , back on the road again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    @bpa : Empty buffer don't always means end of the current track, and can be due to a network latency no ???
    LMS considers underrun (i.e. buffer empty no more data to play) STM to be an error unless no more items to play (i.e endof playlist)

When playing a track - the player should never have an empty buiffer - if it does - IIRC it triggers "rebuffering" message.

Also remember there two types of buffer in the player - the data buffer (with data in audio format) and the output buffer (with uncompressed data in PCM format)

Anyway, is it a STAT reponse from the client that produce the change of track ? I already send STAT info when the server ask for but probably not with the good parameters.

I am so stupid, i dont even have the idee to unable debug information of squeezelite but use packet sniffer to analyse exchanges between client and server.

Thx a lot , back on the road again !!!
    Wireshark/packet sniffer is good if you have no decoder but you have squeezelite AND LMS logging- LMS will decode the packet completely - and you'll see if the packet your player sent is decoded "incorrectly".

Log (both squeezelite & LMS) and understand squeezelite interaction fully - with a very short file (e.g. 5 secs) - it is worthwhile to spend time studying and understanding how buffer fullness & thresholds measures work - they are key to your player working well.
    Then try the same with your player. Compare interactions.

Also you have the source code for LMS ( Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm) and squeezelite - you can add more debugging info very easily.

I got it. I had miss the STMd message during my sniffing packets party but i saw it with the output debugging of squeezelite as bpa suggest.
    Now i have some glitch with elapsed time on the browser that not corresponding with the elapsed time send with the STMt 'elapsed_seconds' parameter.
    The elapsed time jump sometime 15 seconds forward and other time get back to the pass. So strange.

Streaming from internet work well with my deezer account at least. Next steps are volume control and flac plugin to allow vs1053 playing flac track.

the player has play music all the night and was still up the morning. Volum control works too even if the volum is not linear at all. I don't hear anything belong 88% on the control bar.

I will try to add server discovery or a configuration page to specify the LMS to connect to.

Quote Originally Posted by brjhaverkamp View Post
    I'm also still hoping someone creates a good and open source android app to control the squeezboxes. I am quite happy with squeezecontroler, but it is unmaintained and could use a visual update as well. And with every new android version I have to hope it still works.

Bert
    I use Orange Squeeze which now supports android 6+ up to Oreo as I haven't tried it on Pie.
    Working well, though I can't save updated playlists. Probably due to server permission issues.
    It is a paid for app but is in continuing development.
    SB3, UE Radio, CA DacMagic, Talk Electronic stereo. LMS 7.9.1 BBCiPlayer, Shairtunes2 plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia P View Post
    I use Orange Squeeze which now supports android 6+ up to Oreo as I haven't tried it on Pie.
    Works on Android Pie.