Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daduke View Post
    sle118 and yours truly achieved the first OTA flash today...
    And I was able to get our recovery application to do it's first OTA update from @daduke's nice UI today, tapping from a release list live from GitHub.

Anyone interested can download the zip file from my repository
    https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases

Flashing instructions should be included with the zip file.

Note: this is still very early progress and OTA is still a bit flaky; it needs some more tuning on the memory and thread priority side. Also, you should wipe out the flash chip before using this version. The NVS area was changed and so was the partition table layout.

Here is a teaser:

Name:  Screenshot_20190927-233049_Chrome.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  213.5 KB
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

The following build is the first to fully support the OTA process. Once the initial flashing is completed, this version will allow updating directly from github. Note that there will be more updates to the recovery application, as issues are found and resolved, as well as when we implement new features there.

https://github.com/sle118/squeezelit...The_Air_Update

Thanks to @Philippe, who had a hunch on the possible cause of failures that led me into the success path for OTA!

NOTE: builds from the master branch of the ESP-IDF are notoriously unstable for squeezelite; we did not optimize for that version yet
    Last edited by sle118; 2019-09-30 at 18:51. Reason: corrected release URL
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

Great news, i can not wait to try.

actually you can try...
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0

I tried this today on my ESP32-WROVER with a I2S PCM5102A DAC and it's working great. Flashed v0.2.108 first and then used OTA to update. It failed the first time trying to OTA v0.2.112 but then I tried again with v0.2.108 and it installed this time. Now it's working great!

Used the following flash tool:
    Name:  FlashSetup.png
Views: 208
Size:  80.2 KB

Note: I had to reduce the Baud down to 460800 to get it to actually flash and not error (probably due to the usbc cable I have)

Then setup the Wifi config (following github: sle118/squeezelite-esp32/blob/Over_The_Air_Update/README.md)
    Then ran the OTA update from Chrome (doesn't work on firefox atm)

Attached The I2S DAC as follows:
    I2S - WROVER
    VCC - 3.3V
    3.3V - 3.3V
    GND - GND
    FLT - GND
    DMP - GND
    SCL - GND
    BCK - 26
    DIN - 22
    LCK - 25
    FMT - GND
    XMT - 3.3V

(Had to use pins 26,22 and 25 as I don't think the GPIO tab is functional yet, at least it didn't work for me)

I intend to make a few more of these for around the house, is there anyway to directly flash squeezelite rather then flashing the recover followed by an OTA update?

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspreece10 View Post
    Then setup the Wifi config (following github: sle118/squeezelite-esp32/blob/Over_The_Air_Update/README.md)
    Then ran the OTA update from Chrome (doesn't work on firefox atm)
    I do all development on FF, so in general it does work. What was the problem you encountered?

(Had to use pins 26,22 and 25 as I don't think the GPIO tab is functional yet, at least it didn't work for me)
    that's correct, the GPIO values are written to nvs, but they do not yet change anything.

I intend to make a few more of these for around the house, is there anyway to directly flash squeezelite rather then flashing the recover followed by an OTA update?
    sure, you can flash squeezelite.bin directly to the address specified in the partition table. But w/o recovery you won't be able to update later..

I do all development on FF, so in general it does work. What was the problem you encountered?
    Issue with fetching OTA updates and cross origin. Raised an issue on github.

sure, you can flash squeezelite.bin directly to the address specified in the partition table. But w/o recovery you won't be able to update later..
    So there is no way currently to flash the recovery and squeezelite to get the esp32 in the same state as flashing just the recovery and doing an OTA update?

Issue with fetching OTA updates and cross origin. Raised an issue on github.
    ah I saw that one. Funny thing is, it doesn't happen on my FF.. but sle118 will fix it in the backend code.

So there is no way currently to flash the recovery and squeezelite to get the esp32 in the same state as flashing just the recovery and doing an OTA update?
    oh yes you can flash both recovery and SL binaries via serial if you pay attention to the address values (see partition table).

oh yes you can flash both recovery and SL binaries via serial if you pay attention to the address values (see partition table).
    How can we check the partition table? The 'help' command doesn't seem to list a command that will show the partition table, nor the current web GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    How can we check the partition table? The 'help' command doesn't seem to list a command that will show the partition table, nor the current web GUI.
    The best way to know which address should be used for each component is to check the partitions.csv file from the branch you are trying to flash. For example, here is the newest nvs_parameters branch partition content:
    Code:
    # Name,   Type, SubType, Offset,  Size, Flags
    # Note: if you change the phy_init or app partition offset, make sure to change the offset in Kconfig.projbuild
    nvs,  data,  nvs,  0x9000,  0x4000,
    otadata,  data,  ota,  0xD000,  0x2000,
    phy_init,  data,  phy,  0xF000,  0x1000,
    recovery,  app,  factory,  0x10000,  0x140000,
    ota_0,  app,  ota_0,  0x150000,  0x2A0000,
    settings,  data,  nvs,  0x3F0000,  0x10000,
    there's a new bin file (settings.bin), which should be flashed at address 0x3F0000. In that branch, squeezelite goes at address 0x150000.

At some point, I will try to add something to the Jenkins so better flashing commands are printed in a text file.

If anyone is familiar enough with bash, feel free to propose an approach (for example with sed).
    SqueezeAmp!