Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    I set a name, but no change.
    I also tried iTunes on my PC; it states its not compatible ...
    Oh then that means that the initial crypto response is incorrect or there is something with the name under which mDNS identity is broadcasted, it's typical of that. Double check as well that when you rebuild, you use my base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf, because it will not work. It's probably something along building because I have 3 different devices now and they all do fine with AirPlay.

Do you have an mDNS searcher where you could see the details of what is being broadcasted on _raop._tcp.local?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    when you rebuild, you use my base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf, because it will not work.
    Philippe, I have added our "refactor-BT/I2C" branch to the automated build so others can experiment if they are comfortable with the command system inside a terminal.

I also pushed the build defaults that are used for each build configuration in Jenkins as well so we can maintain them in a central place. The naming convention is:

squeezelite-esp32-AAAAAAA-sdkconfig.defaults where AAAAAAA is the variant of the configuration being defined.

The current variants are built automatically:
    squeezelite-esp32-I2S-4MFlash : A basic I2S configuration, for generic I2S chips
    squeezelite-esp32-SqueezeAmp : The reference firmware for the SqueezeAmp platform, with support for the amplifier chip, etc

Other configurations are there as placeholders but aren't currently automatically built. Suggestions to include build targets are welcomed.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

Oh then that means that the initial crypto response is incorrect or there is something with the name under which mDNS identity is broadcasted, it's typical of that. Double check as well that when you rebuild, you use my base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf, because it will not work. It's probably something along building because I have 3 different devices now and they all do fine with AirPlay.

Do you have an mDNS searcher where you could see the details of what is being broadcasted on _raop._tcp.local?
    @philippe_44
    Thanks for your feedback. Can you give me a hint how to "use your base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf"?
    Is that something I do via menuconfig or ...?
    (My professional background is semiconductor manufacturing / engineering, so all this software stuff I do learning by doing. Plus - I'm old.... But I would like to learn and understand)

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Philippe, I have added our "refactor-BT/I2C" branch to the automated build so others can experiment if they are comfortable with the command system inside a terminal.

I also pushed the build defaults that are used for each build configuration in Jenkins as well so we can maintain them in a central place. The naming convention is:

squeezelite-esp32-AAAAAAA-sdkconfig.defaults where AAAAAAA is the variant of the configuration being defined.

The current variants are built automatically:
    squeezelite-esp32-I2S-4MFlash : A basic I2S configuration, for generic I2S chips
    squeezelite-esp32-SqueezeAmp : The reference firmware for the SqueezeAmp platform, with support for the amplifier chip, etc

Other configurations are there as placeholders but aren't currently automatically built. Suggestions to include build targets are welcomed.
    @sle118
    Thats great. It will help to troubleshoot / separate compiling issues from other issues.
    Where do I find these builds?
    In your earlier posted onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajb4bKPgIRMXmwzK...CHRv_?e=V7Nebj
    I find only builds starting with (stable-)WiFi-Manager*

@philippe_44
    Thank you for the feedback. Yesterday, I refactored the build system configuration to include support for multi branch; there's one last issue to resolve. In the meantime, I will manually move the artifacts to their deployment location.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

@philippe_44
    Thanks for your feedback. Can you give me a hint how to "use your base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf"?
    Is that something I do via menuconfig or ...?
    Still no idea about what needs to be done wrt to 'base64 encoder'.
    Oder than that - I looked for a mDNS searcher tool and this is what "bonjour browser" finds when I start my ESP:

Code:
    Type: _raop._tcp.           Name: 30AEA4D7CDE0@AirPlay ESP
    And these are the 'service information':
    Code:
    ch          2
    txtvers   1
    sv          false
    vn         3
    am        airesp32
    et         0.1
    ss         16
    sr         44100
    cn        0.1
    tp        udp
    md      0.1.2
    ek       1
    sm      false
    Does that tell you anything?

Still no idea about what needs to be done wrt to 'base64 encoder'.
    Oder than that - I looked for a mDNS searcher tool and this is what "bonjour browser" finds when I start my ESP:

Code:
    Type: _raop._tcp.           Name: 30AEA4D7CDE0@AirPlay ESP
    And these are the 'service information':
    Code:
    ch          2
    txtvers   1
    sv          false
    vn         3
    am        airesp32
    et         0.1
    ss         16
    sr         44100
    cn        0.1
    tp        udp
    md      0.1.2
    ek       1
    sm      false
    Does that tell you anything?
    Yes that's good. I think you have a space in the AirPlay name and iTunes/iOS might not like it
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Where do I find these builds?
    In your earlier posted onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajb4bKPgIRMXmwzK...CHRv_?e=V7Nebj
    The build system should be fixed now.

Philippe cleaned the repository last night from unwanted branches and now we're left with 2:
    1. master : This is the most stable branch from now on, but you can always consider it as bleeding edge since this where new features will be merged from different branches before they are considered stable enough for a release.
    2. WiFi-Manager : As of writing these lines, this is where we are working on the WiFi configuration.
    3. rev9.9 : When we get the wifi-manager stable, we will create our first release branch. These will become the reference points

As I'm writing these lines, the poor Core i3 from 2010 is working really hard to build all these binaries but they should all come up online really soon. The 2 build configurations are already there and the Wifi-Manager branch is cranking along.
    SqueezeAmp!

Yes that's good. I think you have a space in the AirPlay name and iTunes/iOS might not like it
    Changed the name and still same error.
    But: I used sle118's newly pre-build version ('master-squeezelite-esp32-I2S-4MFlash-5') and now also AirPlay works like a charm - thank you, guys!

(So it has to do with my compiler settings...)

@philippe_44: I still would like to understand, what is wrong with my build setup:
    I replaced the original i2s.c with your IDF_patch i2s.c file in the esp-idf/components/driver folder; but I still don't know what needs to be done for
    "Double check as well that when you rebuild, you use my base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf,"
    if you havee some time - can you give me some insight?

But: I used sle118's newly pre-build version ('master-squeezelite-esp32-I2S-4MFlash-5') and now also AirPlay works like a charm - thank you, guys!

@philippe_44: I still would like to understand, what is wrong with my build setup:
    I replaced the original i2s.c with your IDF_patch i2s.c file in the esp-idf/components/driver folder; but I still don't know what needs to be done for
    "Double check as well that when you rebuild, you use my base64 encoder, not the one that comes with esp-idf,"
    Glad you got it working. My message was not very clear, to say the least. Meant the error you have is because iTunes and iOS devices send a challenge when you connect to a new airplay target and you have to apply the right combination of crypto and encoding. That include base64 encode and for a reason I donít know, the one provided in idf did not work. At some point, my base64 routines were in separated files and because the function name were identical, the linker would not pick mine. But Iíve changed that and now itís static in the same file so my comment was irrelevant.

Related to that, iTunes and iOS expect a precise naming terminology of the mdns broadcasted identity (mac@name) and will whine that your player is not compatible if you donít respect that naming convention - took me a while to figure that out.

But obviously none of that applied in your case so I donít know. Maybe a different version of mbedtls is used in the idf youíre choosing, I donít know.

As we discussed with @sle118, at some point we will have to pick up a version of idf and compiler and stick with it, but I did not have time to do that so far, I was trying to build a complete working system

Could you try taking one of the build scripts from the repo (which ever configuration that worked out for you) and copying it as sdkconfig to replace the one that you generated with menuconfig. Then compile and try. This will help determine if the build sdkconfig defaults are incomplete.

If that doesn't work, try getting the details on your esp-idf flavor (get the commit number using git in the IDF directory) and report which version of the IDF tools you're using (more specifically the compiler).

How did your flash the binaries? It has nothing to do with the problem, but I'm curious how others are addressing this part.
    SqueezeAmp!