Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    There is no different bettween the one in 'esp\esp-idf\components\driver\i2c.c and the one in your patch directory.

Are you talking about i2s or i2c because in the patch directory it is i2c and you are talking about i2s on the forum and github page.
    Last edited by bgiraut; 2019-08-24 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    There is no different bettween the one in 'esp\esp-idf\components\driver\i2c.c and the one in your patch directory.

Are you talking about i2s or i2c because in the patch directory it is i2c and you are talking about i2s on the forum and github page.
    My bad ... of course Iĺm talking about i2s but I copied the i2c file. Should be corrected now
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

AMAZING !!!!

Noise disappear and speed is good now. Thx a lot phil, you did a amazing job. Now it is really the cheaper squeezebox in the world because it is only need a ESP32 @4$ and a TOS connector @1$ !!!!!
    I will let it run few hours to test it but it is sound good right now.

Thx again.

AMAZING !!!!

Noise disappear and speed is good now. Thx a lot phil, you did a amazing job. Now it is really the cheaper squeezebox in the world because it is only need a ESP32 @4$ and a TOS connector @1$ !!!!!
    I will let it run few hours to test it but it is sound good right now.

Thx again.
    Thanks

I've pushed the latest updates and the click issue is solved when LMS is the streaming source. I still have some clicks when an AirPlay device is the streaming source. I've isolated that it's *not* the buffering mechanism so it seems to be an incorrectly received/decrypted/decoded frame (I see that the esp32 drops ~1% of UDP frames, but they are all recovered). It's very irritating as this is now the only important remaining issue, other than that the audio backend is 100% complete, including bridging between AirPlay, i2s, spdif and BT. I'm not going to add a spotify target (too difficult) or a chromecast target (impossible).
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

SqueezeAMP

I'm going to build a couple (not much more, I'm not a pick & place machine ) of SqueezeAMP. I'm looking for some people here ready to help with test. I really mean try it in all possible combinations and not be afraid that it's a first version, so anything can happen (remember it produces a fair bit of heat and there is a Li-Ion battery). Please remember that this is free but we need (with @sle118) community's help to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I'm going to build a couple (not much more, I'm not a pick & place machine ) of SqueezeAMP. I'm looking for some people here ready to help with test. I really mean try it in all possible combinations and not be afraid that it's a first version, so anything can happen (remember it produces a fair bit of heat and there is a Li-Ion battery). Please remember that this is free but we need (with @sle118) community's help to progress.
    daduke at your service. I'm a seasoned tinkerer (both hardware and software) and have the necessary equipment (including DSO). Just let me know.
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0

Quote Originally Posted by daduke View Post
    daduke at your service. I'm a seasoned tinkerer (both hardware and software) and have the necessary equipment (including DSO). Just let me know.
    I was hoping you would step in

Quote Originally Posted by daduke View Post
    I would be glad to join in as well.
    Soldering skills are good, although I am still building up experience for SMD soldering.

P.S. I am also a fairly seasoned tinkerer, but we call it 'frickeln' in our part of the world :-)

I have made synchronisation tests last night with a "openwrt/squeezelite" and the ESP32 and it works pretty well. I did not detect delay between players. the morning the ESP32 is still playing music.

How to test airplay or BT input instead of squeezelite ?

I have made synchronisation tests last night with a "openwrt/squeezelite" and the ESP32 and it works pretty well. I did not detect delay between players. the morning the ESP32 is still playing music.

How to test airplay or BT input instead of squeezelite ?
    When you compile, include these an input options and they will automatically appear in you iXXX device or BT sender