Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    If there is enough people interested, we can order letĺs say 30+ of these to the PCB maker Iĺm using as they can also do the full assembly. So no soldering would be involved :-). But that make sense only if you ask them for at least 20-30 units
    I've been following this thread with interest for some time. I'm definitely interested in one and possibly as many as three, depending on cost. I'd also be interested in seeing what happens in the way of a 'complete kit', i.e. case, p/s, someone mentioned a fan, etc. If someone can get to the point of offering a complete solution, you'll have a lot of people lined up, money in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Put me down for a couple then. No idea what I'll use them for yet, but I just know they'll be useful :-). I'm a 'practiced amateur' with soldering. I can do through-hole stuff no problem, but surface mount is something I've never tried. So to add to the complication, I'd quite like boards that have all the surface mount stuff already done, but leave the through-hole parts for me to do, in case I want to build them into other projects.

*EDIT: Of course, that may not be an option. In that case I'd go for the fully assembled version.
    In fact this is exactly what I was thinking of. Getting the full SMD assembly made by my PCB vendor, but leaving all connectors unpopulated so that everybody can chose what he/she wants, including using wires to use the device in a different enclosure.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by brawny View Post
    I've been following this thread with interest for some time. I'm definitely interested in one and possibly as many as three, depending on cost. I'd also be interested in seeing what happens in the way of a 'complete kit', i.e. case, p/s, someone mentioned a fan, etc. If someone can get to the point of offering a complete solution, you'll have a lot of people lined up, money in hand.
    Would you rather take the version with or without battery?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

In fact this is exactly what I was thinking of. Getting the full SMD assembly made by my PCB vendor, but leaving all connectors unpopulated so that everybody can chose what he/she wants, including using wires to use the device in a different enclosure.
    Perfect :-)

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Put me down for a couple then. No idea what I'll use them for yet, but I just know they'll be useful :-). I'm a 'practiced amateur' with soldering. I can do through-hole stuff no problem, but surface mount is something I've never tried. So to add to the complication, I'd quite like boards that have all the surface mount stuff already done, but leave the through-hole parts for me to do, in case I want to build them into other projects.

*EDIT: Of course, that may not be an option. In that case I'd go for the fully assembled version.
    100% the same here. My solder skills are not the best.
    Beatiful would be a kind of package. My dream is 4 pieces, running it with a ac/dc adapter.

Greetings by JunkAHung

Depending on the price, I'm also in the market for 3 pieces, running it with a ac/dc adapter

Quote Originally Posted by JunkAHung View Post
    100% the same here. My solder skills are not the best.
    Beatiful would be a kind of package. My dream is 4 pieces, running it with a ac/dc adapter.

Greetings by JunkAHung

Quote Originally Posted by brjhaverkamp View Post
    Depending on the price, I'm also in the market for 3 pieces, running it with a ac/dc adapter
    I'll ask a quotation from my PCB maker (PCBWay). I expect it will come back 50-100$ full inclusive. I don't take any margin, it's fully free

SqueezeEsp : The cheaper squeezebox in the world

I've added AirPlay sink as well with synchro (amongst players but also between video and audio). So it now has

- send from BT ==> play to amplifier, analogue jack (through I2S), SPDIF (exclusif)
    - send from AirPlay (iOS, iTunes, 3rd parties) ==> play to amplifier, analogue jack (through I2S), SPDIF (exclusif)
    - send from LMS ==> play to amplifier, analogue jack (through I2S), SPDIF (exclusif), BT (exclusif)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-08-21 at 00:32.

I've added AirPlay sink as well with synchro (amongst players but also between video and audio). So it now has

- send from BT ==> play to amplifier, analogue jack (through I2S), SPDIF (exclusif)
    - send from AirPlay (iOS, iTunes, 3rd parties) ==> play to amplifier, analogue jack (through I2S), SPDIF (exclusif)
    - send from LMS ==> play to amplifier, analogue jack (through I2S), SPDIF (exclusif), BT (exclusif)
    impressive as usual! Just FYI, tried that code last night and it won't compile on IDF 4/gcc 8.2 (I had to remove chunks of code). If you want, I can send you the error messages. There's a couple of things I have to patch to make it compile on the current tool chain.
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0

You missed one.
    - send from LMS ==> play to AirPlay

Slacker!

Wait - LMS can already do that. Ignore me.
    Last edited by chill; 2019-08-21 at 02:37.