Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    @philippe_44 : I have try your last version and i works quite well. Great job guys !!!

SqueezeEsp : The cheaper squeezebox in the world

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    @philippe_44 : I have try your last version and i works quite well. Great job guys !!!
    Thanks! Iĺm now testing a PCB Iĺve made that includes a WROVER, a class D amplifier (TAS5756) and a 3-cells LiIon battery charger.
    Last edited by philippe_44; Today at 03:19.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Hi,

I was just looking for some info about squeezelite implementation on ESP32, just to see if it would be possible or not and found this thread. This is AWESOME! You've already done the heavy work!

I would like to try the project. What hardware would you recommand at this state if the project? I've read most of the posts, and as far I as understand, you only need an external DAC, in addition to the ESP32 with PSRAM?

This is te kind of project I would be willing to participate, if only I had more free time :-D

Thanks for your work!

SqueezeEsp : The cheaper squeezebox in the world

Quote Originally Posted by JF002 View Post
    Hi,

I was just looking for some info about squeezelite implementation on ESP32, just to see if it would be possible or not and found this thread. This is AWESOME! You've already done the heavy work!

I would like to try the project. What hardware would you recommand at this state if the project? I've read most of the posts, and as far I as understand, you only need an external DAC, in addition to the ESP32 with PSRAM?

This is te kind of project I would be willing to participate, if only I had more free time :-D

Thanks for your work!
    └ WROVER with 4MB of flash and 2MB of PSRAM. I will use the 4MB of ram at some point but Iĺm not there yet. As these are cheap anyway, best is to buy the 16MB flash and 4MB of sram.

We are thinking of adding a BT sink, an Airplay client and Spotify Connect as well. But that will take some time.

The WROVER should be soldered on one of these arduino dev board that gives you usb direct access. This config allows BT source to any BT speaker and you need any small DAC board if you want i2S as well.

If you are interested in the project in general, I will publish the board soon as it now works. I know @sle118 is also interested to add a small display.

Now TBH, the board nicely bring all-in-one the squeezelite client, a 2x20W amp, line out and a battery charger on a single pcb, But most of this you can get it by using a PI0 and a JustBoom hat and an external battery charger.

Mainly what we are bringing here is integration, the super fast bootime of esp32 (1 sec or so) and very low power (to be measured but probably much much less than 1/2 W in idle)

Ultimately I want a small device that can last a couple of weeks on battery when idle, a day at moderate volume and that I can be use on passive speakers for LMS (and maybe airplay and Spotify as well or BT) or to bridge LMS with BT speakers
    Last edited by philippe_44; Today at 03:46.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5