Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    If you use the dev kit instead which has the module soldered down on a small PCB that does usb power supply, you have nothing to add
    I found kits at around 45USD - but they also include a 3.2" LCD display.
    Do you have any links to something in-between - display not essential?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Here is where I got mine https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/...rrencycode=CAD (I know, it's Canada ... ) but it should give a better idea of the cost. Otherwise, I think you can find it on aliexpress
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Keep up the good work!

@sle118 and other !! : Great Job. It is mean that we can use the ESP32 with a bluetooth headphone or speaker ? I don't understand your next gool. Squeezelite is already ported on Openwrt. Why do it again. ?
    Last edited by bgiraut; 2019-06-03 at 07:16.

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    @sle118 and other !! : Great Job. It is mean that we can use the ESP32 with a bluetooth headphone or speaker ? I don't understand your next gool. Squeezelite is already ported on Openwrt. Why do it again. ?
    I understand my comment on the openwrt stuff might have been confusing. When I wrote it, I still didn't know if it would be possible to sync at all with CPU based decoding and DMA/I2S DAC audio out. Well, I have the pleasure to announce... Drum roll... That sync was achieved today, and that for a non optimized output stack, it was astonishingly precise. Using the ESP's generated bit clock, playback tends to drift behind ever so slightly (40ms every ~10 secs or so). There will likely be improvements made, but this was very much acceptable.

Note that the output bit depth was limited to 16 bits/channel; my DAC only supports up to 24bits and I didn't want to implement some scaling just yet.

I will soon merge my changes with the repo that Philippe44 has created and you will all be able to try it if you have the WROVER ESP32. There, you'll have a choice of BT output with no additional device required aside from the BT audio sink, and DAC audio with support for any I2S device. There is still quite a bit of work to do (namely refactoring and clean up), better parametrization for DAC output, platform specific BT and DAC audio drivers if we ever want to merge this back into the mainline Squeezelite code, but the POC was conclusive enough to start thinking about a compact, economical, amplified and syncable player that can be grafted to any pair of speakers you might be lying around!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Look on AliExpress or Banggood. Pricing is cheap if you're ok with waiting. Bare modules are even cheaper, which makes for an interesting platform to integrate into a custom PCB!

It's not really doing it again, but what we are thinking of is building an all-in-one board with wifi, dac & amp so it can either be with the ESP32 or one of these boards http://www.acsip.com.tw/index.php?ac...=&id=29&lang=3 which runs openWRT. So, you're absolutely right there will be minimum work on squeezelite, but because I've made a lot of modifications to have it to run on ESP32 (although I've tried to keep compatibility), I'd rather move that version to openWRT. Again, as this modified version runs on my Linux x86 & arm boxes already, it will be fairly simple. We'll have to figure out if we use alsa/portaudio or do something else at the i2C level.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Great news, I order my WROVER ESP32 today !!!

Great news, I order my WROVER ESP32 today !!!
    Join the club!

I've merged some DAC changes to Philippe's repo this morning. Tonight I've rewritten a portion of the DAC output driver to leverage Squeezelite's ring buffers instead of a plain hunky buffer some that is too big and inefficient. Along the way, I cleaned a bit of the build configuration mechanisms, but I've been spinning my wheels on getting the sdkconfig defines to propagate to the main source files without modifying the main Squeezelite include. I might go brute force and push the changes tomorrow until we find a better approach.

I'm hoping that having a better buffering memory management will allow a finer control over the I2S transfers. I hope to reduce memory usage there, and everywhere else by capturing statistics along the way.

I have got an error when compile the squeezelite with bluetooth output. I may missed something during configuration. IS2 output compile without issue but bluetooth is my goal.

CC build/main/output_dac.o
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c: In function 'output_init_dac':
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:87:10: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_BITS_PER_CHANNEL' undeclared (first use in this function)
    switch (CONFIG_I2S_BITS_PER_CHANNEL) {
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:87:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:89:20: error: 'S24_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output.format = S24_BE;
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:92:20: error: 'S16_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output.format = S16_BE;
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:95:20: error: 'S8_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output.format = S8_BE;
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:126:48: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_BCK_IO' undeclared (first use in this function)
    i2s_pin_config_t pin_config = { .bck_io_num = CONFIG_I2S_BCK_IO, .ws_io_num =
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:127:4: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_WS_IO' undeclared (first use in this function)
    CONFIG_I2S_WS_IO, .data_out_num = CONFIG_I2S_DO_IO, .data_in_num = -1 //Not used
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:127:38: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_DO_IO' undeclared (first use in this function)
    CONFIG_I2S_WS_IO, .data_out_num = CONFIG_I2S_DO_IO, .data_in_num = -1 //Not used
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:131:21: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_NUM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    i2s_driver_install(CONFIG_I2S_NUM, &i2s_config, 0, NULL);
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c: In function 'output_close_dac':
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:173:23: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_NUM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    i2s_driver_uninstall(CONFIG_I2S_NUM);
    ^
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c: In function 'output_thread':
    C:/msys32/home/benoit/esp/squeezelite-esp32/main/output_dac.c:266:14: error: 'CONFIG_I2S_NUM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    i2s_stop(CONFIG_I2S_NUM);
    Last edited by bgiraut; 2019-06-19 at 14:33.