Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    @philippe_44 and @sle118:
    Thank you for your feedback!

I got it to work and - shame on me - I think the problem were incorrect permissions on the i2s.c file I replaced in the esp-idf/components/driver folder....

But to answer some of the troubleshooting questions (maybe it helps other people):
    My esp-idf flavour:
    Code:
    $ git show
    commit 6fe853a2c73437f74c0e6e79f9b15db68b231d32 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
    Merge: e9b77d3a6 9b507c45c
    Author: Angus Gratton <angus@espressif.com>
    Date:   Mon Jul 29 19:25:30 2019 +0800

Merge branch 'bugfix/ws_client_fix_static_analysis_warnings' into 'master'

ws_client: fix double delete issue in ws client initialization

See merge request espressif/esp-idf!5309
    My gcc Version is 5.2.0 - this is what I used to download it
    Code:
    https://dl.espressif.com/dl/xtensa-esp32-elf-linux64-1.22.0-80-g6c4433a-5.2.0.tar.gz
    When I used sdkconfig from philippes master repo (overwriting sdkconfig post doing make menuconfig), I think it worked as well (But I didn't test long)

WRT to flashing: That worked w/o problems by doing make flash (after changing the port to /dev/ttyS5 via menuconfig)

P.S. I installed this on a Windows Unix Subsystem as described here: https://www.instructables.com/id/ESP...tem-for-Linux/
    P.P.S.: For flashing the barebone ESP module, I use this 'flasher' it works nicely: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1pcs-ESP32-P...72.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by slimhase; 2019-09-13 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    [CODE]$ git show
    commit 6fe853a2c73437f74c0e6e79f9b15db68b231d32 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
    Merge: e9b77d3a6 9b507c45c
    Author: Angus Gratton <angus@espressif.com>
    Date: Mon Jul 29 19:25:30 2019 +0800
    your GCC version is fine.

Here is the release we use for building the nightly
    Code:
    $ git show
    commit 28f1cdf5ed7149d146ad5019c265c8bc3bfa2ac9 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
    Merge: c5c853a8c b75f8b1b2
    Author: Mahavir Jain <mahavir@espressif.com>
    Date:   Thu Jul 4 00:45:29 2019 +0800

Merge branch 'feature/local_ctrl_no_sec' into 'master'

ESP Local Ctrl Feature Added

See merge request idf/esp-idf!5348
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

Hi there, I'm following this thread from the first post on, and now specifically registered for this great project! As I didn't find any discussion: Are you aware of the ESP32-A1S or is SqueezeliteESP32 already working on it?

The ESP32-A1S integrates an audio codec (AC101) and is available for about the same price as the EPS32-WROVER. Even better: For about $15 you get a dev board complete with amplifier, usb, line out, buttons and much more.

But I suspect that the AC101 is more complicated to work with than the PCM5102?

Quote Originally Posted by rhuber View Post
    Hi there, I'm following this thread from the first post on, and now specifically registered for this great project! As I didn't find any discussion: Are you aware of the ESP32-A1S or is SqueezeliteESP32 already working on it?

The ESP32-A1S integrates an audio codec (AC101) and is available for about the same price as the EPS32-WROVER. Even better: For about $15 you get a dev board complete with amplifier, usb, line out, buttons and much more.

But I suspect that the AC101 is more complicated to work with than the PCM5102?
    I was not aware of it but it looks very interesting. Probably a good way to build a super cheap device if you already have an amplifier. I think squeezelite-esp32 should work ok it with a few mods on i2s ports. I don't know the AC101, but if it is i2s, it should work out of the box and there are options in squeezelite-esp32 to send whatever commands the audio chip needs over i2c
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I was not aware of it but it looks very interesting. Probably a good way to build a super cheap device if you already have an amplifier. I think squeezelite-esp32 should work ok it with a few mods on i2s ports. I don't know the AC101, but if it is i2s, it should work out of the box and there are options in squeezelite-esp32 to send whatever commands the audio chip needs over i2c
    Although our current focus is to get SqueezeAmp stable with OTA, most of my initial work was done on a "Arduino style" esp32 with a $4 i2s headphone circuit so if the platform meets minimal specs (ESP32 with spi RAM), Squeezelite should work. SqueezeAmp has some very specific commands to initialize the amplifier chip, amongst others, but the core remains the same.

Feel free to try and report your results. I could add a build target for the platform if necessary. For now, you can try the I2S 4Mb from my repo :
    https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

I have switch to the Wifi-Manager branch to try the config Ihm. It is realy easy to configure the player now. Great job again.
    I have a issue with the BT mode command line. It had '-R -Z 192000' at the end of the command that produce a too slow speed music. I have remove it and it works well now.

the IHM indicate that a version 0.2 is available. How to make upgrade ???? I have try the recovery button but it only reboot the player.

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    I have switch to the Wifi-Manager branch to try the config Ihm. It is realy easy to configure the player now. Great job again.
    I have a issue with the BT mode command line. It had '-R -Z 192000' at the end of the command that produce a too slow speed music. I have remove it and it works well now.

the IHM indicate that a version 0.2 is available. How to make upgrade ???? I have try the recovery button but it only reboot the player.
    this stuff's not working yet. sle118 did a lot of work on OTA, we hope to have it running soonish.
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0

Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post

Very soon! There's a bubble of summer right now in Quebec, so I'm going to breathe a bit outside before we get hit by the cold!

Building will require some tricky makefile because the same code will support a recovery mode, which will be used for OTA; this was the main point of setting up the Jenkins against my repo: to allow the "OTA by url" update. Soon, update will be like checking for a new version and rebooting to recovery; that will make it easier to flash all the non USB devices like SqueezeAmp.

There will basically be 2 applications on the device:
    • The recovery, which can only be flashed via serial and which shouldn't change too much over time
    • Squeezelite, which will occupy a single OTA partition.

The recovery will be small, to keep as much room as possible for the squeezelite code to keep evolving (display, Spotify if someone writes a C client, etc.)
    SqueezeAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Very soon! There's a bubble of summer right now in Quebec, so I'm going to breathe a bit outside before we get hit by the cold!
    Enjoy the indian summer overthere in Quebec. I loved it in Autumn!

Regarding the requirements on the ESP32, what is now exactly the minimum spec? You mentioned "ESP32 with spi RAM" What is the minimum amount? Maybe this is good info to add to the Github readme as well. I recall in the beginning you had some memory constraints. I probably missed it when/where they were solved. I still need to verify if my ESP32 is capable. (I bought it "way back" when Bgiraut started with his initial implementation:-)

Is there a way to check the capabilities with Esptool.py?

Bert

sle118 and yours truly achieved the first OTA flash today...
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 2 x software player, LMS 7.9.0