Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

BBCiPlayerExtra Not Playing

Hi

It's probably operator error on my part but...
    I'm having trouble getting programmes from BBCiPlayerExtra to play. I can browse and find the content I want but when I try to play it nothing happens.

When using the LMS web GUI (Orange Squeeze behaves the same) the selected program appears in the right hand pane with a picture of the presenter (or some such) and the time line shows the duration of the program but the progress bar stuck at 0:00. If I press the play button it changes to a 'pause' button but immediately turns back to a play button and nothing plays.

I've had a search of the thread but couldn't find anyone else reporting anything similar. BBCiPlayer feeds seem to work correctly, it's just the BBCiPlayerExtra streams that don't work for me.

LMS is running on PiCorePlayer 4.1 in case that make a difference.

Thanks for any guidance!
    --Ian
    --ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Hi

It's probably operator error on my part but...
    I'm having trouble getting programmes from BBCiPlayerExtra to play. I can browse and find the content I want but when I try to play it nothing happens.

When using the LMS web GUI (Orange Squeeze behaves the same) the selected program appears in the right hand pane with a picture of the presenter (or some such) and the time line shows the duration of the program but the progress bar stuck at 0:00. If I press the play button it changes to a 'pause' button but immediately turns back to a play button and nothing plays.

I've had a search of the thread but couldn't find anyone else reporting anything similar. BBCiPlayer feeds seem to work correctly, it's just the BBCiPlayerExtra streams that don't work for me.

LMS is running on PiCorePlayer 4.1 in case that make a difference.

Thanks for any guidance!
    --Ian

Working here. Cheshire, UK
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Working here. Cheshire, UK
    Thanks d6jg! I'm in Hampshire, UK.

I noticed that if I try on my SB+ then I briefly see a message at the top of the screen which says "STREAM REFFERENCE SETTING MISSING FORMAT", I don't think that the entire message, looks like it's truncated by the size of the screen. Do I need to make some transcoding setting somewhere maybe?

SB+ is based on a SqueezeBox 2 or 3 not sure which.

BBCiPlayerExtra version 3.2.0 installed today along with BBCiPlayer version 1.6.8 from BPA's repository.
    --ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Thanks d6jg! I'm in Hampshire, UK.

I noticed that if I try on my SB+ then I briefly see a message at the top of the screen which says "STREAM REFFERENCE SETTING MISSING FORMAT", I don't think that the entire message, looks like it's truncated by the size of the screen. Do I need to make some transcoding setting somewhere maybe?

SB+ is based on a SqueezeBox 2 or 3 not sure which.

BBCiPlayerExtra version 3.2.0 installed today along with BBCiPlayer version 1.6.8 from BPA's repository.
    The error message means the program you are trying to play is only available in a format which your BBCiPLayer setting say you do not want played.

Change BBCiPlayer Settings Live Stream preference and On demand stream preference to "DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC"

You must also ensure that "allow transcoding " is checked.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The error message means the program you are trying to play is only available in a format which your BBCiPLayer setting say you do not want played.

Change BBCiPlayer Settings Live Stream preference and On demand stream preference to "DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC"

You must also ensure that "allow transcoding " is checked.
    Bingo! All working now. Thanks.
    --Ian
    --ian

Both BBCiPlayer and Extra have stopped working. Is it just me?

Its a few days since I used these plugins but I tried them today and they seemed to have stopped. BBCiPlayer isn't showing any stations but BBCiPlayer Extra is. I can select a recent programme from BBCiPlayer Extra and it appears, complete with image, in the play window but nothing happens when I press play.

Both plugins are shown as active and enabled in the plugins settings page. My repository window is currently showing http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml and I have clicked the button to reload it and restarted LMS. Allow Transcoding is switched to ON and for both Live and On Demand streams I have selected Dash>HLS>MP3>FlashAAC.

I also have the BBC radio app and this is working fine at streaming live. Is this the BBC or me? Any help would be appreciated - this was all working fine a few days ago and I haven't made any changes to my system.

Thanks,

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    The plugins are versions 1.6.8 and 3.2.0 respectively.
    Player: Squeezebox Receiver: Firmware: 77

Quote Originally Posted by prustage1 View Post
    Its a few days since I used these plugins but I tried them today and they seemed to have stopped. BBCiPlayer isn't showing any stations but BBCiPlayer Extra is. I can select a recent programme from BBCiPlayer Extra and it appears, complete with image, in the play window but nothing happens when I press play.

Both plugins are shown as active and enabled in the plugins settings page. My repository window is currently showing http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml and I have clicked the button to reload it and restarted LMS. Allow Transcoding is switched to ON and for both Live and On Demand streams I have selected Dash>HLS>MP3>FlashAAC.

I also have the BBC radio app and this is working fine at streaming live. Is this the BBC or me? Any help would be appreciated - this was all working fine a few days ago and I haven't made any changes to my system.

Thanks,

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    The plugins are versions 1.6.8 and 3.2.0 respectively.
    Player: Squeezebox Receiver: Firmware: 77
    Working for me (in the UK) same plugin versions.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Working for me (in the UK) same plugin versions.
    Same versions here, working fine (UK).
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by prustage1 View Post
    Works OK for non UK.

At a guess a fetch of Listen Again feed has failed and the failure is being cached by LMS. Each time you try you "refresh" the failed cache entry. Timeout for cache usually happens over night or can forced by stopping LMS and clearing LMS cache (I think Windows control panel can do this).

There have been some Windows 10 updates this week which can clog up network feeds - perhaps this was initial cause of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Works OK for non UK.

At a guess a fetch of Listen Again feed has failed and the failure is being cached by LMS. Each time you try you "refresh" the failed cache entry. Timeout for cache usually happens over night or can forced by stopping LMS and clearing LMS cache (I think Windows control panel can do this).

There have been some Windows 10 updates this week which can clog up network feeds - perhaps this was initial cause of problem.
    Working fine here with same versions (Cambridge, UK)