Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bayard1music View Post
    OK, thanks again for the clarification. I thought this was a 'bpa' Plugin today not Triode ? That's added to my misunderstanding?

Still , it seems to be running now for the first time , excellent help again.
    The plugin has a lot of history - the bulk of it was written by Triode, I added DASH and maintain it.

AOD program problems

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The BBC primary business is not supporting 3rd party users of their info. BBC sees their user interface as primary and if maintaining old feeds takes resources - they will no longer maintain them.

The BBCiPlayer plugin uses an official BBC feed which only provides 7 days.
    The BBCiPlayerExtra plugin uses unofficial feeds. It provided access to all the programs in BBCiPlayer Radio which is usually at least 30 days but in some cases archives.

BBCiPlayerExtra 1.0 was started in 2009, BBC killed off a feed in 2017 (which killed off BBC iPlayer facility on a number of Smart TVs who used the same feed - many angry users) but gave a reprieve with much reduced functional which became Extra 2.0 but BBC said the feed would die on 1 May 2018. At this time Podcast were very limited. Early this year BBC changed direction, is trying to be modern and providing a lot more programs on Podcasts with BBC Sounds. It looks like BBC have now decided it is 1 May 2018 and killed the unofficial feed. But this could just be a temporary hiccough (BBC does that) or some other minor changes (e,g. just recently changed logo URL for radio 4).

I cannot advise on what to do. All I try to do is provide access. At the moment be glad you have access to 7 days, Podcasts and "Latest".
    I am non-UK and in the last few days have much the same problem as acanning. Apparently no solution as yet but it just might be worth noting that the iPlayer radio app (ios smart phone - unfortunately not SQB) allows me to listen to the few programs that I cannot get on my SQB radio. Am not expert enough to know what this means other than that somewhere there is a format and corresponding URL that works. My temporary solution is to just plug in a matchbox sized bluetooth receiver to my SQB radio and play from my phone. Just might be of some use ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    I am non-UK and in the last few days have much the same problem as acanning. Apparently no solution as yet but it just might be worth noting that the iPlayer radio app (ios smart phone - unfortunately not SQB) allows me to listen to the few programs that I cannot get on my SQB radio. Am not expert enough to know what this means other than that somewhere there is a format and corresponding URL that works. My temporary solution is to just plug in a matchbox sized bluetooth receiver to my SQB radio and play from my phone. Just might be of some use ;-)
    A new version of Extra is nearly ready - with a little less functionality.

Release of BBCiPlayer 1.6.5 & BBCiPlayerExtra V3.0.0

This is a minor update of BBCiPlayer and a bit of a rewrite of BBCiPlayerExtra after a data feed was removed and broke all the A-Z menus

Out of necessity menus of BBCiPlayerExtra have changed and there is a bit more limited selection of programs but it does give access to most of 30 days programs.

5-Apr-19
    Release notes for BBCiPlayer 1.6.5 & BBCiPlayerExtra 3.0.0

BBCiPlayer 1.6.5
    - Fix minor "Listen Again" program duration bug. Showed up in Material & in WebUI playlist total.
    - Fix "missing" icons in menu due to BBC change.
    - Fix to play "listen Again" program which are "Lengthened".

BBCiPlayerExtra 3.0.0
    - Rewrite of "A-Z" menu broken due to removal of data feed.
    - No longer shows all available programs/series. Mainly those which have been broadcast within last 30 days.
    - On programs which have segment times (e.g. R1,R3 & R6) - Segment times now available.
    - "Latest" menus unchanged.
    - BBCiPlayerExtra is now synced to BBCiPlayer Radio menu/App menu setting
    - Missing menu icons fixed.
    - Significant changes so probably bugs but some functionality better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    What is the 'matchbox sized receiver' that you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    I think he means a Bluetooth receiver which has a 3.5mm output or RCA output which can be plugged into Radio to use Radio as a speaker.
    Lots of makers of such devices including Logitech - google the term and many results found..

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    it is a Speedlink TRAP audio link designed by J÷llenbeck, Germany and made, of course, in China.

This is a minor update of BBCiPlayer and a bit of a rewrite of BBCiPlayerExtra after a data feed was removed and broke all the A-Z menus

Out of necessity menus of BBCiPlayerExtra have changed and there is a bit more limited selection of programs but it does give access to most of 30 days programs.

5-Apr-19

BBCiPlayer 1.6.5
    - Fix minor "Listen Again" program duration bug. Showed up in Material & in WebUI playlist total.

BBCiPlayerExtra 3.0.0
    - No longer shows all available programs/series. Mainly those which have been broadcast within last 30 days.
    - On programs which have segment times (e.g. R1,R3 & R6) - Segment times now available.

That is great work bpa. I'm really grateful for what you have done although I've really no idea how you have managed it.
    Pick of of the pops is back in all its glory
    Many thanks indeed.

Well done Mr bpa

Our very own

Name:  146px-Marioptds.png
Views: 153
Size:  50.8 KB

ronnie

5-Apr-19

BBCiPlayer 1.6.5

BBCiPlayerExtra 3.0.0
    Not a big deal but some icons are still missing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk