Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 35 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Using the URL fragment syntax works. It's been awhile since I had to get around LMS caching and I had been trying by using parameter syntax "?".
    Which used to work, due to the apparent ‘good nature’ of the BBC’s servers, which ignored the parameter suffix. But I recall noticing a while ago that they had stopped being so accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Which used to work, due to the apparent ‘good nature’ of the BBC’s servers, which ignored the parameter suffix. But I recall noticing a while ago that they had stopped being so accommodating.
    That may be due to BBC starting to use parameters in their URLs - IIRC the older API never had parameters just values separated by "/".

Help using the Iplayer fix. - Can't see plugins

Hello,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything. I've attempted to install using the following:

================================================== =====
    This thread deal with BBCiPlayer 1.6 (and higher) and BBCiPlayerExtra 2.0 (and higher)

Install instructions;
    * Open LMS Web UI - Settings / Plugins tab
    * at bottom of Plugins tab find the box "Additional Repositories"
    * Add the following repo URL to the "Additional Repositories" and click Apply
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml
    * LMS may need restarting.
    * At bottom of Plugins tab - there should be a section "bpa - BBCiPlayer with BBC DASH support" with entries for BBCiplayer and BBCiPlayerExtra. Check the box on left hand side and click Apply.
    * LMS may need restarting.
    * If successful BBCiPlayer and BBCiPlayer plugins should appear in the "Active Plugins" list
    ================================================== =====

I can get as far as seeing 'bpa - BBCiplayer with BBC DASH support' on the screen, but no plugins are listed.
    i.e. I cannot see BBiplyaer and BBCiplayerExtra.
    I've carried out a full restart to the Raspberry Pi with no effect

I've still got a number of old plugins , I assume these have to be removed?

It would be of help if the full names of these plugins was listed , with version numbers at time of writing.

OK a couple of images included to help (I hope).
    Name:  Snap 2019-04-14 at 16.34.15.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  89.6 KB
    Name:  Snap 2019-04-14 at 16.38.03.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  113.1 KB

I'm running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1530185314 on a Rasberry Pi. with Stretch on a Pi Version 2

Thanks in advance for any help.

@bayard1music

Try this:

Untick the Systemline plugin BBC iPlayer v1.5, maybe delete it from the repositorybox as well.

Tick the box to update plugins automatically.

Click Apply

Click restart when it appears.

You might have to delete cache.db But maybe not.

ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2019-04-14 at 09:26.

Do you have a Systemline system ?

Systemline 1.5 should have been overriden by BBCiPlayer 1.6.4 if the plugin are considered identical - make me worrried there are some differences if you are using a systemline system.

iPlayer fix not working yet , responding to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @bayard1music

Try this:

Untick the Systemline plugin BBC iPlayer v1.5, maybe delete it from the repositorybox as well.

Tick the box to update plugins automatically.

Click Apply

Click restart when it appears.

You might have to delete cache.db But maybe not.

ronnie

Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for your help. So far no result.

I've tried everything above apart from deleting 'BBC iPlayer v1.5' from the repository as don't know how to do this? Can you explain please.

So far (a) still no sign of the DASH plugin (b) I've still got the two iPlayer plugins Active i.e. BBC iPlayer (v1.6.4) and BBC iPlayer Extras (v2.3.0) - does this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by bayard1music View Post
    Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for your help. So far no result.

I've tried everything above apart from deleting 'BBC iPlayer v1.5' from the repository as don't know how to do this? Can you explain please.

So far (a) still no sign of the DASH plugin (b) I've still got the two iPlayer plugins Active i.e. BBC iPlayer (v1.6.4) and BBC iPlayer Extras (v2.3.0) - does this matter?
    1.6.4 is the DASH plugin

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oops - Sorry thought it had 'DASH' in the title

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    1.6.4 is the DASH plugin

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    As above , confusion abounds (for me) I've been looking for the plugin to appear at the bottom of the 'Plugin' page as instructed in the original text at the top of this thread. Also as per my title believed it had 'DASH' in the title. Hopefully you can understand some of my confusion here. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bayard1music View Post
    As above , confusion abounds (for me) I've been looking for the plugin to appear at the bottom of the 'Plugin' page as instructed in the original text at the top of this thread. Also as per my title believed it had 'DASH' in the title. Hopefully you can understand some of my confusion here. Thanks again.
    The implementation of "DASH" is apparent in the BBCiPlayer Plugin Settings.

To get best, make sure you have in BBCiPlayer Plugin Settings "Live Stream Preference" and "On-demand Stream Preference" set to "DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC"

Working iPlayer Plugin now , great

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The implementation of "DASH" is apparent in the BBCiPlayer Plugin Settings.

To get best, make sure you have in BBCiPlayer Plugin Settings "Live Stream Preference" and "On-demand Stream Preference" set to "DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC"
    OK, thanks again for the clarification. I thought this was a 'bpa' Plugin today not Triode ? That's added to my misunderstanding?

Still , it seems to be running now for the first time , excellent help again.