Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 880
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_G View Post
    I've fixed it. I saw an earlier post which listed the default settings for 'On Demand Stream Preference'. Mine was set up differently from ages ago, so I changed it to the default. Oddly, I still get the error message appearing when I select a programme, but it plays fine.

    Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this!
    Change "Listen Again" preference to have DASH as first preference. HLS "Listen Again" does seem to not work in non UK - not sure about UK.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,852
    Quote Originally Posted by slackhead View Post
    No joy I'm afraid.
    I can't see how your VPN will be able to distinguish between a BBC UK and non UK URL and so I'm guessing it's routing them all as non UK.
    Do you configure this VPN to say which URL are to be treated as UK URLs ?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Do you configure this VPN to say which URL are to be treated as UK URLs ?
    No - i route different devices, based on local ip address. So all the traffic from squeezeboxes (apart from DNS) are routed outside the VPN.
    Currently, my LMS server is being routed through the VPN and I'm beginning to think this is the issue - but why the change since yesterday? It's worked fine this way for a good 18 months or so.

    I will try routing the LMS traffic directly, but this is a little more involved so may have to wait a day or two.

    EDIT: Just realised I was wrong above - LMS traffic is direct (not through VPN, except DNS). Which leaves DNS as the likely issue. I'll explore this a bit further and report back.
    Last edited by slackhead; 2018-12-02 at 14:49.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Change "Listen Again" preference to have DASH as first preference. HLS "Listen Again" does seem to not work in non UK - not sure about UK.
    Thanks bpa. Yes I've done this and all works properly now. Excellent!

    There does seem to be a station missing from the line-up though - Radio Cymru 2, which IIRC started about a year ago. It seems to be an opt-out from Radio Cymru for a couple of hours each morning.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_G View Post
    Thanks bpa. Yes I've done this and all works properly now. Excellent!

    There does seem to be a station missing from the line-up though - Radio Cymru 2, which IIRC started about a year ago. It seems to be an opt-out from Radio Cymru for a couple of hours each morning.
    It's up to user to notice if a station was missing, it's easy to change the menu.opml file to include it (last missing station was Cbeebies) - I'll update in a day or so..

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    UK live dash streams work OK for me. I didn't change any settings just updated.
    Same here, just tried various option settings with the same results (2min and 100m/s is stable) - although it does now seem to start immediately every time whereas before it would randomly wait a few seconds after changing channel.

    So it certainly works here ...

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    43
    The OnDemand streams mostly work OK but there is one that won't play:
    'The Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry: Series 12: The Stressful Scone' from last Wednesday

    Current setting is DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC

    It plays OK if I use BBCiPlayerExtras though, with the 'Select if you do not want DASH streams' option unticked.

    Colin

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,852
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    The OnDemand streams mostly work OK but there is one that won't play:
    'The Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry: Series 12: The Stressful Scone' from last Wednesday

    Current setting is DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC

    It plays OK if I use BBCiPlayerExtras though, with the 'Select if you do not want DASH streams' option unticked.
    It's just another case where the the feed the BBCiPlayer plugin has an error from the BBC end. These are often resolved by BBC within a couple of days - not so in this case. The plugin is playing the URL which BBC has identified as the program - both HLS and DASH (2 different URLS but same PID) have 404 errors. Extra plugins uses a different feed which seems othave the correct PID.

    One of the reason for this is the program has been edited is because initial version has been truncated missing some of the program at the very end - the edit fixes this, replacing initial version but the update takes time to work through BBC feeds.

    edit:
    The Rutherford & Fry program is also available from Extra plugin as a podcast under Radio 4 or Factual genre.

    The errors in BBCiPlayer pluygin feed seem to be happening more frequently and not being fixed - as reported last week Kermode Film review on 5 live also does not play
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-12-03 at 07:13.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5

    Cricket social

    Firstly thanks to BPA for the continued effort to give us our daily BBC, much appreciated.

    I seem to remember a submenu where the 'red button' live streams could be selected but cannot seem to find it now. I was trying to listen to the new Cricket Social show for the Sri Lanka tour but couldn't fid it. As I cant stomach talksport will there possibly be a way to use the live streams in January for the west indies tour?

    Thanks again.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,852
    Quote Originally Posted by RegWard View Post
    Firstly thanks to BPA for the continued effort to give us our daily BBC, much appreciated.

    I seem to remember a submenu where the 'red button' live streams could be selected but cannot seem to find it now. I was trying to listen to the new Cricket Social show for the Sri Lanka tour but couldn't fid it. As I cant stomach talksport will there possibly be a way to use the live streams in January for the west indies tour?
    IIRC That menu was created after a user posted the URLs for the streams and then each user loaded up the updated menu - as I am outside the UK, due to rights restrictions I cannot test/listen to many of these cricket and sports events.

    In many cases BBC uses special stream "Live Events" and can only be found on the day of broadcast from the web site usually https://www.bbc.com/sport/13629860 or as suggested by Raymond Woodward https://twitter.com/TuneInLiveEvent (not sure if this twitter feed still works)

    The live event HLS/DASH URLs used to be are like the following for live event 79
    HLS http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/webcast/hls/uk/high/llnw/audio_event_stream_079.m3u8
    DASH http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/webcast/dash/uk/dash_full/ak/audio_event_stream_079.mpd

    Playable via BBCiplayer plugin by createing a favorite like
    iplayer://live?hls=http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/webcast/hls/uk/high/llnw/audio_event_stream_079.m3u8
    iplayer://live?dash=http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/webcast/dash/uk/dash_full/ak/audio_event_stream_079.mpd


    Ian Hays posted a menu OPML file for all LIve event streasm in this post - perhaps you used this in the past
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?72709-Announce-BBCiPlayerExtra-v1-0&p=882479&viewfull=1#post882479
    or
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?72709-Announce-BBCiPlayerExtra-v1-0&p=882621&viewfull=1#post882621
    But I am not sure if they are up to date since they were written in 2017 and BBCiPlayerExtra v1 had stopped working

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •