Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Thanks - it is a MP3 example and the "5" mediaselector URL still plays..

edit:
    A "6" URl also works. So I think I'll roll it into the 1.6.4 that I've got nearly ready.
    These mp3 podcasts are also available as AAC when accessed via the A-Z menu. Is it possible for the Podcast menu item to link to those instead?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    These mp3 podcasts are also available as AAC when accessed via the A-Z menu. Is it possible for the Podcast menu item to link to those instead?
    By the A-Z menu - you mean the BBCiPlayerExtra one ?

I'd rather not as it will mix a plugin which uses an official feed with potentially a reasonable lifetime and esaily processed with the Extra one which is an unofficial feed which was scheduled to die in 2017 and has a number of times been broken and remodelled by BBC as their needs chnages for WebUI and Apps.

Currently the A-Z menus use the feed which now gives ALL the BBC iplayer TV & Radio programs in one go (over 5.1m) - the only filters available is by letter and genre and sometime paginated which means multiple "GET"s and then filter radio programs from TV - very messy. Large feed message will result in a lot of processing which can affect audio playback.

edit:

Becuase of the change needs to handle "5" to "6" in Extra, I noticed there maybe a possibility of providing AAC for those "podcast"only programs although it is "bleeding" edge stuff and would probably break easily. Curiously, BBC Web browser UI plays DASH AAC stream for those programs which are marked as "podcast" so it needs more investigation.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-17 at 06:26.

The info displayed has evolved pover time from Radiovis (now defunct) to RadioPlayer to Polling so code has been modified lots of times as well as to cope with skipback and the annoying Windows start delay issue so I wouldn;t be surprised if there are
    1. gaps where the "wrong" info is displayed
    2. opportunities to to tidy up the code.

When you changed the check box - did you return to Radio menu outside the BBCiPlayer menu or did you stay in the BBCiPlayer menu ?
    I can't be certain, but most likely I had the BBCIPlayer settings open in a separate tab and switched between that and the default UI as I tried different combinations of settings. In that case, the BBCIplayer would have remained open after the last change, until I thought to close it, possibly much later.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    I can't be certain, but most likely I had the BBCIPlayer settings open in a separate tab and switched between that and the default UI as I tried different combinations of settings. In that case, the BBCIplayer would have remained open after the last change, until I thought to close it, possibly much later.
    Keeping BBCiPlayer (or any plugin) open when making changes to prefs is not a good idea as in some cases pref are only read when the instance of the plugin is initiated typically on entry to plugin menu. Leaving the plugin menu entirely (and aon all clients) and also deleting any playing plugin relate streams is the surest way to delete temporary memory and variables without an LMS restart.

That said, I don't think this is an issue with "display station icon" pref. "Show OnAir text" pref maybe a little more complicated so it is an added variable I have to include in my tests.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-17 at 07:40.

BBC Radio 3 metadata

... I need to try a few late night and other R3 programs as there are special cases when the plugin uses alternates when a data field from the "Polling" or RadioPlayer is empty and I wonder if there is some special case.
    I think this may be about to change on R3 - In one of the comments in the Guardian / BBC Blog complaints about the cutbacks to Late Junction and Music Planet I noticed that there's also (apparently..) a plan to remove Track Listings from Radio 3 programmes. Can't find the comment now, but looks possible that the current, rather good metadata on R3 may not last long
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

Quote Originally Posted by florca View Post
    a plan to remove Track Listings from Radio 3 programmes. Can't find the comment now, but looks possible that the current, rather good metadata on R3 may not last long
    That would be a real shame - I use them to help make .cue files
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by florca View Post
    a plan to remove Track Listings from Radio 3 programmes. Can't find the comment now, but looks possible that the current, rather good metadata on R3 may not last long
    A bit odd.. and I think that would require effort as it just uses the same Track listing facility as R1, R2 etc. it's not a R3 specific feature.

I wonder whether they are talking about something else and not metadata on live streams.

edit

Coudl it be Find a Track ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/tracks/find/radio3 ) for all stations as per this notice

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...-music-website
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-17 at 11:39.

Keeping BBCiPlayer (or any plugin) open when making changes to prefs is not a good idea as in some cases pref are only read when the instance of the plugin is initiated typically on entry to plugin menu. Leaving the plugin menu entirely (and aon all clients) and also deleting any playing plugin relate streams is the surest way to delete temporary memory and variables without an LMS restart.

That said, I don't think this is an issue with "display station icon" pref. "Show OnAir text" pref maybe a little more complicated so it is an added variable I have to include in my tests.
    Thanks for the information. I had no clue. (As usual!)

Update BBCiPLayer 1.6.4 & BBCiPlayerExtra 2.3.0

20-Mar-19
    Release notes for BBCiPlayer 1.6.4 & BBCiPlayerExtra 2.3.0

BBCiPlayer 1.6.4
    - Fix for those programs which do not play - URL in BBC feed doesn't work so URL for MP3 podcast or a DASH AAC version found. The program may be longer or shorter than broadcast.
    - Program Images on menus and "Now Playing" can be square or rectangular via a setting with choice of resolution. This setting is also used by BBCiPlayerExtra for images.
    - Images added to "Recent Tracks" menu.
    - Fix to title and description UTF chars which had display errors.
    - Fix for bug in program bookmarking (supplied by mrw)
    - Updates due to BBC change from medialselector 5 to mediaselector 6

BBCiPlayerExtra 2.3.0
    - Updates due to BBC Mediaslector changes from 5 to 6
    - DASH 96kbps streams replace Flash/AAC (RTMP) 32kbps streams used for "old" program.
    - No BBC programs played via RTMP but RTMP still available for non BBC streams.
    - Add images to menus. Image resolution setting from BBCiPlayer.
    - Add BBC Sounds menu for Sounds only programs.

The main reasons for the updates
    1. Unplayable programs in the BBC feed - it was annoying and a bit awkward to find equivalent in Extra
    2. Update as a result of BBC changing their internal URLs - mediaselector 5 to 6
    3. BBC removing RTMP (Flash AAC) and so EXtra had to be update to use DASH. This only affects Extra "old" (maybe 4yrs) program which were streamed in 32kbps Flash - now DASH 96kbps (maybe more in UK)
    4. BBC providing multiple resolutions for program images. Some users disliked standard BBC rectangular program images as most if UI "expect" square album art.

Update is available from the stable release URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/betarelease-repo.xml
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-20 at 14:33.

20-Mar-19
    Release notes for BBCiPlayer 1.6.4 & BBCiPlayerExtra 2.3.0

BBCiPlayer 1.6.4
    - Fix for those programs which do not play - URL in BBC feed doesn't work so URL for MP3 podcast or a DASH AAC version found. The program may be longer or shorter than broadcast.
    - Program Images on menus and "Now Playing" can be square or rectangular via a setting with choice of resolution. This setting is also used by BBCiPlayerExtra for images.
    - Images added to "Recent Tracks" menu.
    - Fix to title and description UTF chars which had display errors.
    - Fix for bug in program bookmarking (supplied by mrw)
    - Updates due to BBC change from medialselector 5 to mediaselector 6

BBCiPlayerExtra 2.3.0
    - Updates due to BBC Mediaslector changes from 5 to 6
    - DASH 96kbps streams replace Flash/AAC (RTMP) 32kbps streams used for "old" program.
    - No BBC programs played via RTMP but RTMP still available for non BBC streams.
    - Add images to menus. Image resolution setting from BBCiPlayer.
    - Add BBC Sounds menu for Sounds only programs.

The main reasons for the updates
    1. Unplayable programs in the BBC feed - it was annoying and a bit awkward to find equivalent in Extra
    2. Update as a result of BBC changing their internal URLs - mediaselector 5 to 6
    3. BBC removing RTMP (Flash AAC) and so EXtra had to be update to use DASH. This only affects Extra "old" (maybe 4yrs) program which were streamed in 32kbps Flash - now DASH 96kbps (maybe more in UK)
    4. BBC providing multiple resolutions for program images. Some users disliked standard BBC rectangular program images as most if UI "expect" square album art.

Update is available from the stable release URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml
    Great, working fine for me here in UK. Many thanks.