Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1491
    Your new vortexbox 2.5 install should default to LMS 8. If not, the VB update button will install LMS 8.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    An old well worn jumper always feels more comfortable than a new one.
    BPA, you'll never know how much your plugin has meant to me over the years and especially this year. While the license fee grumblers will complain, the calm, non-commercial nature of the BBC has provided me with solace, joy, tears, and love especially in 2020.

20 years ago I was gently admonished by an audiophile for both wanting a Squeezebox and for listening to the BBC while outside of the UK. I've always recounted that story with good humour, but today i feel vindicated.

Thank you again!

- ps. At the risk of sounding churlish, will you be doing any future development on the plugin, or shold I now uninstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    20 years ago I was gently admonished by an audiophile for both wanting a Squeezebox and for listening to the BBC while outside of the UK. I've always recounted that story with good humour, but today i feel vindicated.
    I started using SB about 15 years ago wanting to listen to some Radio 4 programmes in Ireland - the only medium was LW with lots of hiss.
    Even poor quality audio was better than none at all. So 48kbs RealAudio on internet was a revelation.

At the risk of sounding churlish, will you be doing any future development on the plugin, or shold I now uninstall it?
    The APIs used by BBCiPlayer are dead. BBC pulled the BBCiPlayer Radio Android app for non UK users in Sept and so no reason to keep the feeds going as there was an alternative.
    So there'll be no more development of those plugins.
    Some user do not want to register with BBC so I'll keep them available but update to remove the "Listen Again" menus - to avoid confusing users.

If you're happy with BBC Sounds - I'd remove them to avoid clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I started using SB about 15 years ago wanting to listen to some Radio 4 programmes in Ireland - the only medium was LW with lots of hiss.
    Even poor quality audio was better than none at all. So 48kbs RealAudio on internet was a revelation.

If you're happy with BBC Sounds - I'd remove them to avoid clutter.
    bpa thanks for all your work over the years.

I've been a user of iPlayer as long as there has been a plugin and remember your co-operation with Triode in the early days but will now be moving to BBC Sounds.

It truly has been a momentous year.

I'm sure you won't be disappearing from the forum but do enjoy the added free time that may be coming your way.

Thanks again
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post

I've been a user of iPlayer as long as there has been a plugin and remember your co-operation with Triode in the early days but will now be moving to BBC Sounds.

I'm sure you won't be disappearing from the forum but do enjoy the added free time that may be coming your way.

Thanks again
    +1. A big thank you from me too.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post

Thanks again
    And a big thanks from me, these plugins have been a life saver after I moved to Malaysia from the UK years ago, kept me sane and connected.

And a thank you from me as well.

I used to love being able to pick a Radio 4 comedy to listen to from the week gone whilst washing up or cooking. Now it's a thing of the past...

Unless someone can point me to a decent alternative to bpa's plugin please? I am a license fee paying UK resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Fodda View Post
    And a thank you from me as well.

I used to love being able to pick a Radio 4 comedy to listen to from the week gone whilst washing up or cooking. Now it's a thing of the past...

Unless someone can point me to a decent alternative to bpa's plugin please? I am a license fee paying UK resident.
    Hi Fodda

The relatively new and excellent BBC Sounds plugin (by expectingtofly) will put a smile back on your face — details at

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Sounds-Plugin
    Last edited by SpiderJon; 2021-01-23 at 08:31.
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a Pi4.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    Hi Fodda

The relatively new and excellent BBC Sounds plugin (by expectingtofly) will put a smile back on your face — details at

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Sounds-Plugin
    The BBC Sounds plugin is available from Plugins tab 3rd parties plugin - no additional repository

You need to register & sign in on BBC Sounds website first and use the login with BBC Sounds settings.

I do know things have to move on but like others I offer my sincere thanks to Triode and BPA for having this excellent plug in over such a long time . I am listening now to Cerys on 6music with the new Sounds app and for that I am very thankful . However with out this plug in I would have missed listening to the shows i love on the BBC network . Good luck going forward and I hope you find some new music to warm your soul.
    System - Concordant Exhilirant Valve Pre , SBT Triode EDO,Toolbox 3.0 , Theta Data Basic II Transport , Perpetual Technology P-1a,P-3a,Anti Mode 2.0 Dual Core,Krell KSA50 MK 1 .