Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1486
  1. #1451
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    81
    Many thanks BPA, I thought as much. I'll move over to the PCP thread.

    Best wishes
    Ashley

    Edit...I've sorted the IO::Socket::SSL issue and all is now great again including the Play Now text
    Last edited by acanning; 2020-11-10 at 02:07.

  2. #1452
    On selecting a station for listen again: "There was an error loading the remote feed for : (410 Gone)"

    I'm guessing this is a BBC feed change thing (again)?
    Server: LMS 8.0.1 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios, and direct from the server using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

  3. #1453
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    19,915
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    On selecting a station for listen again: "There was an error loading the remote feed for : (410 Gone)"

    I'm guessing this is a BBC feed change thing (again)?
    The BBC have provided a feed for "Listen Again" for many years but have indicated that it would be ended. There have been previous hiccoughs and service ruened but I think this time it is final as BBC Sounds became available to non-UK user at end of Sept.

    I suggest migrate over to the BBC Sounds which uses an API which BBC's own apps use.

    The BBC Sounds plugin is available in LMS 3rd parties plugin list - no special repository needs to be added. You need to register on BBC Sounds web site for an id.

    Post comments, issues, suggestions on the BBC Sounds thread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Sounds-Plugin

  4. #1454
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The BBC have provided a feed for "Listen Again" for many years but have indicated that it would be ended. There have been previous hiccoughs and service ruened but I think this time it is final as BBC Sounds became available to non-UK user at end of Sept.

    I suggest migrate over to the BBC Sounds which uses an API which BBC's own apps use.
    That's very sad if that's the case. And thank goodness for the Sounds plug-in, even if it's a load more clicks to navigate - I installed it earlier as a workaround for this.

    And, if it's finally the end for the iPlayer plug-in, can I only say a huge thank you again for keeping this going as long as you have. I'm not the only one in your debt here, but greatly appreciate all you've done.
    Server: LMS 8.0.1 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios, and direct from the server using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

  5. #1455
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    19,915
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    That's very sad if that's the case. And thank goodness for the Sounds plug-in, even if it's a load more clicks to navigate - I installed it earlier as a workaround for this.
    I know what you mean about clicks but it's early days only 3 months old. The BBCiPlayer plugin built on AlienBBC and so has had about 15 years to get it right.

    Using a proper API should mean it is easier to maintain but it may also force a certain navigation "style" onto the UI.

    And, if it's finally the end for the iPlayer plug-in, can I only say a huge thank you again for keeping this going as long as you have. I'm not the only one in your debt here, but greatly appreciate all you've done.
    Triode laid the groundwork, I maintained it in his absence.

  6. #1456
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gatlinburg, TN USA
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    And, if it's finally the end for the iPlayer plug-in, can I only say a huge thank you again for keeping this going as long as you have. I'm not the only one in your debt here, but greatly appreciate all you've done.
    Seconded!

  7. #1457
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    30
    []Triode laid the groundwork, I maintained it in his absence.[/QUOTE]

    Yes, a sad day for us BBC iPlayer (& extras) dependents. Now I really am forced to update to LMS v8 (and BBC Sounds) which for me, also will require a hardware update. Such is life!Ę
    Thank you again for your most excellent work in keeping iPlayer going for so long and giving me so many hours enjoyable listening.

  8. #1458
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    Seconded!
    Can I add massive thanks from me too to BPA and TRIODE for all your work on this plugin. Even though I have 100's of Gb of music at home, I spend probably 95% plus of my time listening to BBC radio live and on catchup via this app across Radios 2, 3, 4, 4extra, 6music and local radio too via the various squeezebox devices around the house. (Especially true this year as I have been fortunate enough to carry on working from home full time!)
    Thankyou again, you have been awesome!

  9. #1459
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,167
    I see Live is still working, so for the moment I'll hang onto that. I'll somewhat reluctantly start to investigate the BBC Sounds plugin for listening to older programs.

    As others have said, many, many, thanks to bpa for keeping this going for so long. Nothing lasts forever.....
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  10. #1460
    Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    Yes, a sad day for us BBC iPlayer (& extras) dependents. Now I really am forced to update to LMS v8 (and BBC Sounds) which for me, also will require a hardware update. Such is life!Ę
    Thank you again for your most excellent work in keeping iPlayer going for so long and giving me so many hours enjoyable listening.
    The BBC Sounds plugin works with 7.9.x, so there is no need to update to v8 to get the Sounds plugin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •