Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 134 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1451
    Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    I tried to use iPlayer Extras today to catch up with Late Junction on BBC R3. First problem was it had disappeared from my menus, and I found that the plugins iPlayer and iPlayer Extras were not active in my plugins. Activated them again, and went back to the interface, and they had appeared again, but nothing plays. I've recently updated, and I'm now on Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1599413218 @ Sun Sep 6 19:43:01 WEDT 2020

Is it me, or is something broken?
    I think it is something at you end as Extras works OK for me.

First sign of trouble was the disappearance of the menus - this can only happen by an uninstall or plugin manager failing to reinstall after a reboot.

What OS ?
    What version of IO::Socket::SSL have you got - see WebUI Settings/Information.

Operating system: Windows 2008 Server R2 - EN - cp1252 (modified windows home server)
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.024
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

Don't know if this is relevant, but is odd. I have iPlayer 1.6.9 and iPlayer 1.70 plugins installed, if I uncheck 1.6.9 and apply - it re-ticks 1.6.9

Don't know if this is relevant, but is odd. I have iPlayer 1.6.9 and iPlayer 1.70 plugins installed, if I uncheck 1.6.9 and apply - it re-ticks 1.6.9
    Very odd - I never released a 1.7 or even tested a 1.7 (I think) Extra is 3.4

I'd delete the Cache/Plugins/BBCiPlayer - as plugin manager will never overwrite it and you'll never get proper install.
    Could you have edited any install.xml ? perhaps trying to get a plugin working on 8.*

I've got BBC iPlayer Extras 3.4.0 from bpa
    I've got BBC iPlayer 1.6.9 by Triode
    I've got BBC iPlayer 1.7 by systemline

Does that make any sense?

I've got BBC iPlayer Extras 3.4.0 from bpa
    I've got BBC iPlayer 1.6.9 by Triode
    I've got BBC iPlayer 1.7 by systemline

Does that make any sense?
    Systemline takes my plugin and modifies it to work with their systems. It has nothing to so with me - I do not support it.

You CANNOT have have both systemline and my BBCiPlayer plugin installed.

If you have a systemline system - then talk to them for support.
    If you have a plain LMS system - then remove the systemline stuff.

I didn't consciously install the slimline version, but it seems a bit rude of them to call it by the same name and version it higher then the real thing! I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it's causing issues, so they really shouldn't have done it that way.

Anyway, offending item disabled, and iPlayer and iPlayer extras working and much faster too. Keep up the good work!

I didn't consciously install the slimline version, but it seems a bit rude of them to call it by the same name and version it higher then the real thing! I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it's causing issues, so they really shouldn't have done it that way.

Anyway, offending item disabled, and iPlayer and iPlayer extras working and much faster too. Keep up the good work!
    To install the system line plugin, you had to added a respository and then click on install from plugins. If you do not have a systemline system, you probably still have the repositry URL added and it needs to be removed - it will cause trouble.

Systemline were polite and upfront, they asked if they could use the plugin & I said yes as it was open source but I'd offer no special support. I believe Systemline have a proper connection to BBC (i.e. program feed & technical issues exchange) and so their involvement benefits LMS community.

To have both plugins on same system requires additional effort not detailed in the forum - so unlikely ever to have naming clashes.

BBC Radio 3 - now playing

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered in discussion but I used to be able to get the "now playing" line from the bbc showing the specific music playing on a bbc radio 3 programme. That would allow me to use my mobile phone app to search for the track on spotify using spotty.

I don't seem to be able to get the now playing line any more. It seemed to go at about the time of lockdown here in the uk and I wondered if it was something to do with what the bbc were actually outputting. if that is wrong and it is still available any help in getting it would be appreciated. My lms is running on a nas and I tend to use Orange Squeeze on my phone to control it but also the computer when working.

Quote Originally Posted by crrc View Post
    Apologies in advance if this has already been covered in discussion but I used to be able to get the "now playing" line from the bbc showing the specific music playing on a bbc radio 3 programme. That would allow me to use my mobile phone app to search for the track on spotify using spotty.

I don't seem to be able to get the now playing line any more. It seemed to go at about the time of lockdown here in the uk and I wondered if it was something to do with what the bbc were actually outputting. if that is wrong and it is still available any help in getting it would be appreciated. My lms is running on a nas and I tend to use Orange Squeeze on my phone to control it but also the computer when working.
    Like this? Make sure you running the latest plugin and if you are playing from a favourite try playing directly from the iPlayer menu.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk