Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean_Bayliss View Post
    It's Jessie, and an update responds with at the latest version. I have tried Always display station icon both on and off with no difference, it was icon off originally.

As this is an old version ľ probably the simplest is to get Debian up to date (RPI2) ľ just a few other systems I need to move install, so a few days time. Iĺm sure that will resolve as it sounds like this is just me.
    Fresh install of Debian Buster and everything back in place, including FIP/HLS update -- now at IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060 and everything works fine again - almost certainly quicker than finding out what I'd corrupted. Thanks

Very Slow Loading

I'm still having problems on my iMac with Catalina with very slow loading of iPlayer live and on demand stations. Happens on both Squeezeplay and Squeezebox Radio. Log message below:

[20-07-17 12:12:28.3313] Plugins::BBCiPlayer:ASH::__ANON__ (254) Stream closing error fetching UTC time from http://time.akamai.com/?iso - Error on HTTP socket: Interrupted system call
    [20-07-17 12:12:40.9186] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::HLS::__ANON__ (319) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 6278

System info:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1591161343 @ Thu Jun 4 04:10:33 CEST 2020
    Hostname: vhs.local
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.234
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: macOS 10.15.5 - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64
    Perl Version: 5.18.4 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.066
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 3

iPlayer settings:

Show in My Apps Enable
    Live Stream Preference DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC
    On Demand Stream Preference DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC
    Bitrate for Live stream DASH Use highest bitrate available DASH stream
    Bitrate for On Demand DASH Use highest bitrate available DASH stream
    Minutes to skip back per keypress 15 min
    Minutes to skip forward per keypress 1 min
    Allow Transcoding Enable
    Show OnAir Text Enable
    Always display station icon Enable
    Live Text - Squeezebox Classic Top Line
    URL for menu.opml replacement http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...ault-menu.opml
    Seconds to delay start live stream. no delay
    Buffer fullness threshold. 255
    Source image resolution for program images. 480x480

I've tried reinstalling LMS and the iPlayer plugin and cleared the LMS cache. Any ideas?

Viv

Quote Originally Posted by vhs View Post
    I'm still having problems on my iMac with Catalina with very slow loading of iPlayer live and on demand stations. Happens on both Squeezeplay and Squeezebox Radio. Log message below:

[20-07-17 12:12:28.3313] Plugins::BBCiPlayer:ASH::__ANON__ (254) Stream closing error fetching UTC time from http://time.akamai.com/?iso - Error on HTTP socket: Interrupted system call
    [20-07-17 12:12:40.9186] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::HLS::__ANON__ (319) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 6278
    The log message says there is something wrong with your network or your OS.

1. The akaimai time stamp returns a reference time of day - check that you can open this URL from a browser (or wget or curl) on the same Server as LMS. http://time.akamai.com/?iso
    2. the 6278 - say it took 6.2 secs for a reply from BBC to a http/get . This is nothing to do with LMS. Normal response time is 80-150msec and not 6,278msec

Are you running a VPN, satellite links, a network monitor, repeater etc..

Does your network have anything (hardware or software) more than just an ordinary wired ISP connections landline/xDSL/Fibre, modem, a router, OSX server running LMS and player.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The log message says there is something wrong with your network or your OS.

1. The akaimai time stamp returns a reference time of day - check that you can open this URL from a browser (or wget or curl) on the same Server as LMS. http://time.akamai.com/?iso
    2. the 6278 - say it took 6.2 secs for a reply from BBC to a http/get . This is nothing to do with LMS. Normal response time is 80-150msec and not 6,278msec

Are you running a VPN, satellite links, a network monitor, repeater etc..

Does your network have anything (hardware or software) more than just an ordinary wired ISP connections landline/xDSL/Fibre, modem, a router, OSX server running LMS and player.
    Well akaimai seems to work: 2020-07-17T11:42:30Z
    No VPN, no satellite, no network monitor, repeater. But BT fibre FTTP with BT router and complete wifi disk i.e. mesh system. Could that be it?

But BT fibre FTTP with BT router and complete wifi disk i.e. mesh system. Could that be it?
    mesh is unlikely - I run a mesh network. Some users have "mesh" issues with older players but this network delay is a LMS server issue.

wifi disk ? what does this mean ?

Is server wired or wireless to router ?

mesh is unlikely - I run a mesh network. Some users have "mesh" issues with older players but this network delay is a LMS server issue.

wifi disk ? what does this mean ?

Is server wired or wireless to router ?
    The wifi disk is the BT black disk (additional access point) they provide for their mesh system. The LMS server is on my iMac, connected over wifi. Same problem whether on 2.4 or 5 GHz connection. Maybe I'll run a long ethernet able to the router to try it directly and rule out (or in) the wifi).

Thanks

Viv

The wifi disk is the BT black disk (additional access point) they provide for their mesh system. The LMS server is on my iMac, connected over wifi. Same problem whether on 2.4 or 5 GHz connection. Maybe I'll run a long ethernet able to the router to try it directly and rule out (or in) the wifi).
    Server on wifi is not good but is not cause of the problem unless there is lots of network traffic.

The bandwidth of a wired connection between router and LMS sever is not shared and full duplex (i.e. devices can transmit and receive at the same time)
    A wifi connection is shared amongst all devices using the wifi and radio is half duplex (i.e. only one device can transmit at a time, every packet sent has to be acknowledged).

BT wifi disk probably use alternative radio channel for the link to a remote extender - so it improves range but will not "fix" radio's shared half duplex nature.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-07-17 at 06:41.

Server on wifi is not good but is not cause of the problem unless there is lots of network traffic.

The bandwidth of a wired connection between router and LMS sever is not shared and full duplex (i.e. devices can transmit and receive at the same time)
    A wifi connection is shared amongst all devices using the wifi and radio is half duplex (i.e. only one device can transmit at a time, every packet sent has to be acknowledged).

BT wifi disk probably use alternative radio channel for the link to a remote extender - so it improves range but will not "fix" radio's shared half duplex nature.
    Although the wifi is delivering downloads at 130Mbs and uploads at 30Mbs which should be more than adequate with little other network traffic I plugged in a cable and stopped the wifi on the server then rebooted the router. No improvement to the startup time. This message:

[20-07-17 16:12:19.7409] Plugins::BBCiPlayer:ASH::__ANON__ (254) Stream closing error fetching UTC time from http://time.akamai.com/?iso - Error on HTTP socket:

Maybe a router setting that I've missed?

Although the wifi is delivering downloads at 130Mbs and uploads at 30Mbs which should be more than adequate with little other network traffic I plugged in a cable and stopped the wifi on the server then rebooted the router.
    This packet transit time issue is about latency not throughput. The amount of traffic on the network will affect the latency. Spot measurement of throughput is nto the issue.

However the error log shown is different to packet transit time.

[20-07-17 16:12:19.7409] Plugins::BBCiPlayer:ASH::__ANON__ (254) Stream closing error fetching UTC time from http://time.akamai.com/?iso - Error on HTTP socket:

Maybe a router setting that I've missed?
    Unlikely a router setting unless you have changed defautl or used an "optimisation" tool. This is a very short request with a very short response. An "optimised" networks sometimes kill these requests by "bundling" them into a bigger ones.
    This is the simplest network request but it is failing in LMS with the "Error on HTTP socket"
    Something seems to be set up wrong on the server.
    What are the values in the WebUI Settings/Advanced/Network

How long does it take for BBCiPlayer "on Demand" to show the program available ? Is there a noticeable delay ? if so how much ? Due to caching for each test you need to try a different station each time (i.e. only 6 chances)

This packet transit time issue is about latency not throughput. The amount of traffic on the network will affect the latency. Spot measurement of throughput is nto the issue.

However the error log shown is different to packet transit time.

Unlikely a router setting unless you have changed defautl or used an "optimisation" tool. This is a very short request with a very short response. An "optimised" networks sometimes kill these requests by "bundling" them into a bigger ones.
    This is the simplest network request but it is failing in LMS with the "Error on HTTP socket"
    Something seems to be set up wrong on the server.
    What are the values in the WebUI Settings/Advanced/Network

How long does it take for BBCiPlayer "on Demand" to show the program available ? Is there a noticeable delay ? if so how much ? Due to caching for each test you need to try a different station each time (i.e. only 6 chances)
    WebUI Settings:

Web Proxy
    Web Server Port Number 9000
    Radio Station Buffer Seconds 10
    Radio Station Timeout 15
    Maximum WMA Stream Bitrate No Limit
    Synchronized Players Startup Delay (ms)

On Demand shows the programme listings almost immediately but when selected one loads in about 20 secs before playing.
    Interestingly other stations e.g. Radio Paradise come through instantly and My Music like Random Mix are also instantaneous. That's why I'm doubting iPlayer plugin.