Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1442
    Quote Originally Posted by crrc View Post
    Apologies in advance if this has already been covered in discussion but I used to be able to get the "now playing" line from the bbc showing the specific music playing on a bbc radio 3 programme. That would allow me to use my mobile phone app to search for the track on spotify using spotty.

I don't seem to be able to get the now playing line any more. It seemed to go at about the time of lockdown here in the uk and I wondered if it was something to do with what the bbc were actually outputting. if that is wrong and it is still available any help in getting it would be appreciated. My lms is running on a nas and I tend to use Orange Squeeze on my phone to control it but also the computer when working.
    Are you on 1.6.9 which was an update about 4 months ago - I think to deal with some of this issue.

Separately, since March - BBC seems to have reduced the level of detail in "Now Playing" info on many stations - R3 seems to least affected. Not sure if this is Covid related or part of long term plan. The plugins uses a feed which no longer seems to be used by the BBC Web player and I am concerned that BBC is moving away from providing "now playing" info at a track level or at least using an easily accessible feed which provide this information.

The benchmark of "Now Playing " is what can be seen using BBC Browser based player - I try to make sure plugin can provide similar level of information.

edit:

Can you clarify - are you using a LMS App to access spotty to search for the currently playing track ?

I don't know spotty capabilities, but is there a way to provide track info in a BBCIplayer context menu for Spotty
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-09-24 at 02:42.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Are you on 1.6.9 which was an update about 4 months ago - I think to deal with some of this issue.

Separately, since March - BBC seems to have reduced the level of detail in "Now Playing" info on many stations - R3 seems to least affected. Not sure if this is Covid related or part of long term plan. The plugins uses a feed which no longer seems to be used by the BBC Web player and I am concerned that BBC is moving away from providing "now playing" info at a track level or at least using an easily accessible feed which provide this information.

The benchmark of "Now Playing " is what can be seen using BBC Browser based player - I try to make sure plugin can provide similar level of information.

edit:

Can you clarify - are you using a LMS App to access spotty to search for the currently playing track ?

I don't know spotty capabilities, but is there a way to provide track info in a BBCIplayer context menu for Spotty
    Hi

Yes I am on the latest version of BBCiplayer 1.6.9 which works very well and I must emphasise that this is only a very minor issue. When I access Radio 3 on my browser, I get the same information. In other words, I don't receive the name of the piece that is actually playing, but only a summary of the programme - i.e. Proms Concert etc...

I have just been onto Radio three on my laptop and I think that I have the answer. The BBC have rebranded their radio broadcasts as BBC "sounds" which is not accessible through iplayer but separately, and when you go to Radio 3 on BBC sounds you do not get the individual pieces playing but only the summary of the programme. So it would seem that it is no longer possible to get the tracks. Shame in my view but probably unresolvable.

To answer your question on the LMS App, on a touch screen device if you pressed the "now playing" information it would ask you if you wanted to find the track on your own music library or in Spotty. if you select spotty it will search Spotify for the track, and usually give you a number of choices (different orchestras, conductors, live, studio etc). However that now can't be done. You can still search if you hear the presenter announce the music, but no shortcut now.

Not a big deal but it was a pretty cool way of accessing the music.

Anyhow thank you for all your work. I use your iplayer almost every day and very much appreciate it. Best wishes from Scotland!

Hi

Yes I am on the latest version of BBCiplayer 1.6.9 which works very well and I must emphasise that this is only a very minor issue. When I access Radio 3 on my browser, I get the same information. In other words, I don't receive the name of the piece that is actually playing, but only a summary of the programme - i.e. Proms Concert etc...

I have just been onto Radio three on my laptop and I think that I have the answer. The BBC have rebranded their radio broadcasts as BBC "sounds" which is not accessible through iplayer but separately, and when you go to Radio 3 on BBC sounds you do not get the individual pieces playing but only the summary of the programme. So it would seem that it is no longer possible to get the tracks. Shame in my view but probably unresolvable.

To answer your question on the LMS App, on a touch screen device if you pressed the "now playing" information it would ask you if you wanted to find the track on your own music library or in Spotty. if you select spotty it will search Spotify for the track, and usually give you a number of choices (different orchestras, conductors, live, studio etc). However that now can't be done. You can still search if you hear the presenter announce the music, but no shortcut now.

Not a big deal but it was a pretty cool way of accessing the music.

Anyhow thank you for all your work. I use your iplayer almost every day and very much appreciate it. Best wishes from Scotland!
    Are you saying that you can't see the track name as shown on my previous post?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I get the track information today. Did you misinterpret what I wrote. What I wrote was the BBC Web player has stopped using the track data feed the plugin uses - I did not say the track data feed has stopped but has reduced for some stations (e.g. after midnight)

BBC Sounds is marketing rebranding - nothing has changed in the technology infrastructure.

Have you enabled the plugin "Show OnAir text" setting ? Also jus in case disable the "Always display station icon" setting.

3 screen shots taken in last 10 mins of R3
    Name:  R3 13-35.png
Views: 92
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  R3 13:37.png
Views: 89
Size:  18.1 KB

Name:  R3 13:38.png
Views: 91
Size:  15.8 KB

I get the track information today. Did you misinterpret what I wrote. What I wrote was the BBC Web player has stopped using the track data feed the plugin uses - I did not say the track data feed has stopped but has reduced for some stations (e.g. after midnight)

BBC Sounds is marketing rebranding - nothing has changed in the technology infrastructure.

Have you enabled the plugin "Show OnAir text" setting ? Also jus in case disable the "Always display station icon" setting.
    Hi Show OnAir has always been enabled which gives me programme information, and I have now disabled the station icon setting. However while I now get a picture of the presenter in place of the station icon, no actual track information (in other words no change). They certainly used to give this, and I suspect that it is a cost/labour saving exercise to stop continually updating the tracks particularly since many of the presenters work from home. As I indicated earlier the website does not not now display the "now playing" music but only the general comments about the programme.

No big deal - unless someone else has actually got track information currently showing I will stop thinking about it and enjoy the music.

Hi Show OnAir has always been enabled which gives me programme information, and I have now disabled the station icon setting. However while I now get a picture of the presenter in place of the station icon, no actual track information (in other words no change). They certainly used to give this, and I suspect that it is a cost/labour saving exercise to stop continually updating the tracks particularly since many of the presenters work from home. As I indicated earlier the website does not not now display the "now playing" music but only the general comments about the programme.

No big deal - unless someone else has actually got track information currently showing I will stop thinking about it and enjoy the music.
    Well @bpa and I do see track info so it may be only you with the issue.

Are you not looking at my post and slartibartfast's post which clearly show the track info is available by two different user in two different countries - have you turned off showing images in posts ?

Since the problem is just with your system, it is worth checking a few things.
    Out of date https support has been giving strange problem for many users.

What version of LMS are you running ?
    What version of IO::Socket::SSL (see WebUI Settings/Information) have you got ?

Are you not looking at my post and slartibartfast's post which clearly show the track info is available by two different user in two different countries - have you turned off showing images in posts ?

Since the problem is just with your system, it is worth checking a few things.
    Out of date https support has been giving strange problem for many users.

What version of LMS are you running ?
    What version of IO::Socket::SSL (see WebUI Settings/Information) have you got ?
    The OP's assertion that track info is not available in BBC Sounds is also untrue.

I just tried and song titles are showing for BBC R3 (Essential Classics is the show and track info changing roughly in time with it changing on air).

I do not have it as a Favourite - so went in via
    Apps/BBC iPlayer/Live/R3
    (and in UK)
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland