Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psollich View Post
    Mar 14 08:30:23 squeezeplay: INFO applet.BBCRadio - BBCRadioApplet.lua:639 url: http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...ion/proto/http

Just noticed - you are using the BBCiPlayer Applet and not the BBC LMS BBCiPlayer plugin

This is a totally different piece of software - Please start a separate thread or post on the BBCPlayer Applet "Fix" thread - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...t-Listen-Again

It think there is a good chance this problem may not be fixable as BBC are making changes which may be beyond Touch / Radio capability (e.g. mandatory use of https)

edit:

Reviewing - you have posted on BBCiPlayer plugin thread before and so ithey are lost amongst many Plugin specific posts. This makes it very hard to keep track of the state of the Applet. Please post to a Applet thread - it will be better.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-14 at 02:19.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Just noticed - you are using the BBCiPlayer Applet and not the BBC LMS BBCiPlayer plugin

This is a totally different piece of software - Please start a separate thread or post on the BBCPlayer Applet "Fix" thread - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...t-Listen-Again

It think there is a good chance this problem may not be fixable as BBC are making changes which may be beyond Touch / Radio capability (e.g. mandatory use of https)

edit:

Reviewing - you have posted on BBCiPlayer plugin thread before and so ithey are lost amongst many Plugin specific posts. This makes it very hard to keep track of the state of the Applet. Please post to a Applet thread - it will be better.
    Many thanks for the quick reply and apologies - have just posted on the applet thread you refer to.

Does anybody know of a MP3 podcast only program that is listed on the BBCiPlayer menus - previously the Infinite Monkey Cage was only example.

The BBCiPlayer Applet has recently broekn because BBC "mediaselector" URL seemed to have moved from 5 to 6 . This is the same URL that is used for BBCiPlayer podcast only programs and I need a test item to see if BBCiPlayer plugin is also affected.

edit:

Looking through the XML feed contents and all the "mediaselector" URL are now at "6".

edit 2:

The change from "5" to 6" only seems ot be significasnt for the "mediaselector/pc" which is used to get the ADobe HDS streams (i.le Flash AAC). The "mediaselector" "5" URLs no longer give in "Listen Afain "XML feed but "mediaselector/pc" "5" URLs still wort and return content in XML format as before. The "mediaselector/pc" "6" URLs now return same content but in JSON format and indicate HDS is deprecated - so not backwards compatibile with "5" and also probably time-limited.

The change from 5 to 6 does not affect BBCiplayer plugin as it is does not play HDS streams and DASH, HLS and MP3 "5" & "6" responses seems to be the same.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-16 at 01:56.

Does anybody know of a MP3 podcast only program that is listed on the BBCiPlayer menus - previously the Infinite Monkey Cage was only example.

The BBCiPlayer Applet has recently broekn because BBC "mediaselector" URL seemed to have moved from 5 to 6 . This is the same URL that is used for BBCiPlayer podcast only programs and I need a test item to see if BBCiPlayer plugin is also affected.

edit:

Looking through the XML feed contents and all the "mediaselector" URL are now at "6".
    Is "Fighting Talk" podcast only now?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is "Fighting Talk" podcast only now?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Thanks - it is a MP3 example and the "5" mediaselector URL still plays..

edit:
    A "6" URl also works. So I think I'll roll it into the 1.6.4 that I've got nearly ready.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-03-14 at 13:34.

Thanks - it is a MP3 example and the "5" mediaselector URL still plays..

edit:
    A "6" URl also works. So I think I'll roll it into the 1.6.4 that I've got nearly ready.
    ôIn Our Timeö BBC Radio 4 is another example of podcast only.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    It's just the text wrapping round in the web gui. On my tablet, using Squeeze Ctrl the text is scrolling
    Yes - web UI issue. Text wraparound is quite noticeable if the panel is detached and width narrowed. Ideally the WebUI should have scrolling text for the HTMl div id ctrlCurrentArtist and ctrlCurrentAlbum. However IIRC scrolling text is a not standard HTML feature but can be implmented using CSS3 but then possibility of browser compatibility issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    (The quote is in reference to kingwindsor's statement: "Always Display station icon" boxes ticked)

I find that while unchecking "Always display station icon" does allow graphics for individual programs to display (and they may not be square, which is a problem for some of my software). it seems also to suppress the display of details about the content.
    The BBC station logo are square but all programme images are rectangular - go figure ! IIRC dimensions are usually multiple/fractions of 640x480

For instance, just now, with the "Always display station icon" ticked, I had the usual logo for Radio 3 and this text:

Jazz Record Requests
    The Wolf That Lives in Lindsey by Joni Mitchell
    Recordings by Lester Young, George Shearing and Miles Davis.

After unchecking that box, I get an image of presenter Alyn Shipton (which is badly distorted on my custom software, not that that's of any concern to the Beeb, bpa, or anyone else) and only generic text:

Jazz Record Requests
    Jazz Record Requests : 09/03/2019
    Recordings by Lester Young, George Shearing and Miles Davis.

Just coincidence? It seems to be consistent.
    Detailed program information comes from two sources. BBC "Polling" and a RadioPlayer.

LMS UI has 3 text fields - Track, Artist and Album. For streaming live radio, the BBC program info (Station, Program series title, Episode details and description) have to be mapped into the 3 fields.

So in your case "Jazz Record Requests" is the Program Series title and putinto the UI's "track" field.
    Program description which is usually episode/broadcast specific is put in the UI's "album" field which is "Recordings by Lester Young, George Shearing and Miles Davis." It can be quite long.

The currently playing track info is put into the UI's "artist" field - the track info as supplied by Polling and Radioplayer response is typically formatted as "track title by artist name" so this would match to "The Wolf That Lives in Lindsey by Joni Mitchell". IF teh user has paused a station or has skipped back the plugin will changes the data and not show "Now" track as program is delayed. In this case the plugin will show as Track the station name followed by something like "delayed by x mins". In your case this is not seen so the issue is not due to delay.

However the "now" information is not always an " track by artist" type info. There is no code in the plugin to create info such as "Jazz Record Requests : 09/03/2019" - this comes from the program info BBC "Polling" website. When a broadcast program is between tracks or BBC is not providing "now" program information (this happens late at night usually after 11.00pm) then the format shown appears.

While this can explain two different layout - it does not require changing the check box. I have not been able to replicate your experience when toggling "always display station" box. I need to try a few late night and other R3 programs as there are special cases when the plugin uses alternates when a data field from the "Polling" or RadioPlayer is empty and I wonder if there is some special case.

While this can explain two different layout - it does not require changing the check box. I have not been able to replicate your experience when toggling "always display station" box. I need to try a few late night and other R3 programs as there are special cases when the plugin uses alternates when a data field from the "Polling" or RadioPlayer is empty and I wonder if there is some special case.
    Thanks for the information. Sorry to have left you with a mystery. I don't consider it a crucial issue, but I suspect you may be sufficiently annoyed by it that you feel it's necessary to find the cause. My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Thanks for the information. Sorry to have left you with a mystery. I don't consider it a crucial issue, but I suspect you may be sufficiently annoyed by it that you feel it's necessary to find the cause. My apologies!
    The info displayed has evolved pover time from Radiovis (now defunct) to RadioPlayer to Polling so code has been modified lots of times as well as to cope with skipback and the annoying Windows start delay issue so I wouldn;t be surprised if there are
    1. gaps where the "wrong" info is displayed
    2. opportunities to to tidy up the code.

When you changed the check box - did you return to Radio menu outside the BBCiPlayer menu or did you stay in the BBCiPlayer menu ?