Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 110 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1241
    Quote Originally Posted by hestbank View Post
    Thanks BPA.

Do I need to do something to get the Programme Title and Description? At the moment I am just getting 2 lines of "Radio 2" on my Touch, on LMS web browser and Squeeze Control whereas the picture Slartibartfast posted shows the programme title etc (Steve Wright...).

Attachment 30540

Many thanks.
    I select "show on air text" and do not select "always display station icon" but I can't see how you can display the track image in the now playing section and the Radio2 icon in the queue. I see the same image in both positions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I select "show on air text" and do not select "always display station icon" but I can't see how you can display the track image in the now playing section and the Radio2 icon in the queue. I see the same image in both positions.
    I have made the same selections but notice how you have got the title of the show and further information about the guests whereas I just have "Radio 2" twice. When there is no track playing I get the Radio 2 icon and generic information about Radio 2 that seems to be taken from the end of the URL.

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1589867264 @ Tue May 19 08:20:42 CEST 2020
    Last edited by hestbank; 2020-06-01 at 09:22.

I'm pretty sure you can't have two images. LMS just asks for metadata for every playlist item and playing item - it doesn't provide info about the end use of the metadata, so the plugin serves up the current track or station icon as per user setting image" if the item is "playing". If you queue up a Radio station that is not playing then you'll see the station icon.

The addition of track images is a nice addition. I now have a dilemma. I have selected 640x360 for the image resolution and now when viewed in the WebUI default skin the image is squashed into a square box. If I switch to 480x480 then the WebUI looks OK but the text in Material Skin can flow over the image. The 480x480 images also seem to look better as well
    BBC style used to have a preference for rectangular images with a ratio typically 320x180 so logos and main programme brand image are rectangular.

"Current track" images seemed to be chosen such that they are best shown in square format. In Web Browser BBC Sounds Player and Recent Track images are all square. This is probably as artwork format is derived from LP/CD covers

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't have two images. LMS just asks for metadata for every playlist item and playing item - it doesn't provide info about the end use of the metadata, so the plugin serves up the current track or station icon as per user setting image" if the item is "playing". If you queue up a Radio station that is not playing then you'll see the station icon.
    I don't want two images but the post by @hestbank shows a screenshot where he has two images. I was just wondering how that was possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don't want two images but the post by @hestbank shows a screenshot where he has two images. I was just wondering how that was possible.
    TBH I don't know.

The plugin just gets a request from LMS for metadata (i.e. track, artist, album, cover) for a LMS trackobject on a specific client. The plugin routine queries the trackobject to determine is it playing or not - if it is not playing then just generic station specific info derived from parameters on the iplayer:// URL is provided. If the track is playing then Current track or programme data will be shown. If track is Paused then Programme info. If track is stopped - can't be sure - think it is station info.

Bass emphasis

This may not be connected to the BBCiPlayer plugin, so apologies if not.

I recently moved from running PiCorePlayer and LMS on the same Pi2, to a separate Pi3 for LMS and using the Pi2 as just a player. Since doing so it appears that the sound from BBC radio is bass heavy. It's not noticeable on music played from elsewhere . There have been no adjustments to any settings on the Pi2 player, other than turning LMS off (which is still installed). The Alas mixer settings have never been adjusted and are flat.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Last edited by IanHaynes; 2020-06-02 at 11:00.
    Ian

Library: Netgear NAS Duo
    Server: RPi3 / PiCorePlayer with LMS 8.0
    Main System: RPi2 / iQAudio DAC+ / PiCorePlayer
    Second System: RPiZero / iQAudio DAC Zero / PiCorePlayer
    PC: Squeezelite-X

I have made the same selections but notice how you have got the title of the show and further information about the guests whereas I just have "Radio 2" twice. When there is no track playing I get the Radio 2 icon and generic information about Radio 2 that seems to be taken from the end of the URL.

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1589867264 @ Tue May 19 08:20:42 CEST 2020
    I have tried rolling LMS back to 7.9.2 but still have the problem as described.

This runs constantly through the server log:

[20-06-02 17:16:54.0549] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:01.4016] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:16.1838] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:24.2042] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:31.5472] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:46.3606] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again

Can I provide anymore information to help identify the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by IanHaynes View Post
    This may not be connected to the BBCiPlayer plugin, so apologies if not.

I recently moved from running PiCorePlayer and LMS on the same Pi2, to a separate Pi3 for LMS and using the Pi2 as just a player. Since doing so it appears that the sound from BBC radio is bass heavy. It's not noticeable on music played from elsewhere . There have been no adjustments to any settings on the Pi2 player, other than turning LMS off (which is still installed). The Alas mixer settings have never been adjusted and are flat.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    BBCiPlayer Plugins does absolutley nothing with audio - the audio data is passed through untouched. Look elsewhere for possible changes (e.g. kernel, driver)

edit:

Are you sure both streams are playing the exact same live stream:

BBC live stream can the be DASH, HLS or MP3 ?
    How are you checking which one you are playing ?
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-06-02 at 13:38.

I have tried rolling LMS back to 7.9.2 but still have the problem as described.

This runs constantly through the server log:

[20-06-02 17:16:54.0549] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:01.4016] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:16.1838] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:24.2042] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:31.5472] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-06-02 17:17:46.3606] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again

Can I provide anymore information to help identify the problem?
    This results from an error trying to retrive metadata from BBC
    - are you in the UK ? if not are your pretending to be in the UK using a VPN ?
    - how did you start to play the staton - exact menu steps e.g. Radio >BBCiplayer > ...
    - what station are you playing ? Are you using a Favorite ?
    - have you customised the BBCiPlayer menu ?
    - what type of player ?