Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I am eternally grateful for the fine work that continues to keep the BBC iPlayer app running.

I have a niggle with the recent updates. As far as the streams go things continue to work well.
    The niggle is purely to comment that the channel icons appear fine in a web browser, but when using an Android device running Orange Squeeze they're blurry because the icons themselves are too small.
    Is it possible to make the icons bigger, and appear sharp again?

It's not a biggy, and if it's a pain in the backside to sort out forget I mentioned anything.
    It works, which is the most important thing.
    Do you have "Always use Station Icon" checked? If you uncheck it you will see programme images at a higher resolution.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Do you have "Always use Station Icon" checked? If you uncheck it you will see programme images at a higher resolution.

It's unchecked.
    Things were displaying fine in the run up to the Beeb's recent reshuffling of things.
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 2019-10-12 at 11:55.
    Chris :)

It's unchecked.
    Things were displaying fine in the run up to the Beeb's recent reshuffling of things.
    In that case what is your setting for "Source image resolution for program images"?

The niggle is purely to comment that the channel icons appear fine in a web browser, but when using an Android device running Orange Squeeze they're blurry because the icons themselves are too small.
    Recently BBC stopped supporting higher-res channel icons - with latest update you have the best that is available from BBC - the choice was this resolution or nothing.

Program images are still available at higher res.

Interesting.

Just rechecking the source of the logos.
    Higher res icons may be back - it looks something was changed/restored but a quick looks seems to indicate that 600x600 is back and some other hi-res values were changed/added.

Needs to be checked out fully again.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Interesting.

Just rechecking the source of the logos.
    Higher res icons may be back - it looks something was changed/restored but a quick looks seems to indicate that 600x600 is back and some other hi-res values were changed/added.

Needs to be checked out fully again.
    Thanks for the clarification on the images.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    In that case what is your setting for "Source image resolution for program images"?

Thanks for the pointers

Ok a slightly more detailed check using menu.opml from 1.6.7 and AFAICT 600x600 logo work again.

For a quick fix attached is the menu.opml from 1.6.7 - you can replace (download and rename to menu.opml) and do not even have to restart LMS just make all UIs go back to LMS top level (i.e. with Radio or My App menu).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Ok a slightly more detailed check using menu.opml from 1.6.7 and AFAICT 600x600 logo work again.

For a quick fix attached is the menu.opml from 1.6.7 - you can replace (download and rename to menu.opml) and do not even have to restart LMS just make all UIs go back to LMS top level (i.e. with Radio or My App menu).
    Thank you bpa

Can you point me in the appropriate direction to perform this?
    Server is run on a RasPi 3 something, running pCP 3.5.0 , which may or may not be of relevance.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thank you bpa

Can you point me in the appropriate direction to perform this?
    Server is run on a RasPi 3 something, running pCP 3.5.0 , which may or may not be of relevance.

Thanks in anticipation.
    PCP will be hard as it is RAM based - I don't know how to make an installed Plugin file change permanent.

For a normal disk based LMS

In WebUI Settings/ Advanced - at the bottom there is a list of Plugin directory/folder path. One directory will end with something like Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins - in this path there is a BBCiPlayer directory (e.g. Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer). This is where you'll find menu.opml to be replaced.