Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

IPeng laggy on volume & song changing over LMS

I am really struggling here with this now as over time I’ve got this issue I didn’t have previously - it’s crept in somewhere - maybe a software update too many on old equipment?
    * I need the variable volume over the app as my amp is not remote volume.

So:
    • Changing volume on the iPhone doesn’t immediately change the actual volume. Then, a minute later it will ‘jump up/down’ depending on what I slid the volume to last. It use to work all the time but this happens after a few adjustments. Then I have to ‘refresh cache’ on the iPeng app. And on it goes.
    • Selecting a different song/adding to playlist etc as above: becomes unresponsive after a short while until I ‘refresh cache’ on the iPeng app.

I don’t know if it’s:
    • The Squeeze Box Touch/software
    • The NAS/LMS software
    • Ipeng app
    • The WiFi router (Sky fibre/on standard tel line / 76mb)

It’s got to the point where I’m having to consider replacing all my kit as it’s becoming unusable now. But if it’s fixable I would prefer to eek it out a bit longer.

Details:
    NAS: Netgear ready NAS running LMS 7.8.0 Perl version 5.8.8 sparc linux
    Squeezelite 3.7.7.1

SQB Touch: v7.8.0 (I think!)

IPeng: 9.7.4

Many thanks if anyone can assist here.

Quote Originally Posted by musistorr View Post
    So:
    • Changing volume on the iPhone doesn’t immediately change the actual volume. Then, a minute later it will ‘jump up/down’ depending on what I slid the volume to last. It use to work all the time but this happens after a few adjustments. Then I have to ‘refresh cache’ on the iPeng app. And on it goes.
    • Selecting a different song/adding to playlist etc as above: becomes unresponsive after a short while until I ‘refresh cache’ on the iPeng app.
    My first guess would be an issue with iPeng. Have you tried just using the LMS webinterface (with Material skin) on the phone? You can add it to the homepage, making it pretty much like an App. And you can then use the swipe up/down for volume, which is pretty cool and practical.