Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 129 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1353
    Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Agree.

I'm pretty confident that a simple patch along the lines below would fix it. But does require quiet study to be sure.

Untested:

Code:
    sub _format_request {
    	my $self = shift;

my $fullpath = $self->request->uri->path_query;
    	$fullpath = "/$fullpath" unless $fullpath =~ /^\//;

# Proxy requests require full URL
    	if ( $self->use_proxy ) {
    		$fullpath = $self->request->uri->as_string;
    		# Strip off fragment suffix if it is there. Some servers won't tolerate them.
    		$fullpath =~ s/\#.*//s;
    	}
    etc
    I have corrected my edit to read as above, this now works.

Paul

Server log errors since latest plugin (1.6.9)

Hello, this is my first post so my turn to say thank you so much for supporting the iPlayer plugin, we'd be lost without it!

I recently updated the plugins for the first time in a while (last time was when the BBC turned off some streams I seem to remember) - I'm now on iplayer 1.6.9 and extras 3.4.0, running LMS 7.9.0 on a Netgear Readynas 202.

First impressions were great, this fixed some missing items in "listen again" for me (like Infinite Monkey Cage on Radio 4) which were just completely missing from the schedule, which was a mystery to me previously!

However I have noticed there are issues with station logos and stream information now, and searching this thread I can see others have had similar issues - I'm guessing it is related to my Readynas OS being a bit out of date, but would really appreciate any information so that this could be confirmed if possible??

As an example I just tried rebooting one of my radios and going to iPlayer -> listen live -> BBC Radio 5 live sports and after a couple of seconds it does play, but the screen is completely blank - no logo or text. When look at the log I see this:

Code:
    [20-08-03 13:05:41.1237] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::statusQuery]: [Not a reference at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 4914.
    ]
    [20-08-03 13:05:44.3698] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::statusQuery]: [Not a reference at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 4914.
    ]
    [20-08-03 13:06:24.5359] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:06:54.6069] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:07:24.6999] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:07:54.7765] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:08:24.8687] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:08:54.9578] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:09:25.0253] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:09:29.2527] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:09:29.3153] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (214) error fetching BBC segments data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:09:59.3044] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (214) error fetching BBC segments data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:09:59.3933] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:10:18.8285] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:10:18.8746] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (214) error fetching BBC segments data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:10:48.8739] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (214) error fetching BBC segments data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 13:10:48.9402] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    As said my Readynas OS is a bit out of date, mainly because every time I upgrade it LMS gets lost and I have to completely re-install it, which is a pain because I can't use the standard "app" anymore. I can never remember what I need to do and it takes ages, I need to enable SSH etc. and I don't have much time for tinkering these days! Particularly when the Squeezeboxes are so mission critical in our household, no safe time to play!

When I look at my server information, I noticed that I don't even have an entry for IO::Sockets like others seem to have, is this going to be related do you think?

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Wed Mar 8 14:18:44 UTC 2017
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.20.2 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 5

The above is all I see (apart from my personal server info). Is it just that I need to make sure my Readynas OS is up to date before expecting any of these errors to go away?

Any thoughts much appreciated, thank you!

Why not bite the bullet and get a rpi4b (2gb), official power supply and a couple of sandisk ultra sd cards 16gb.

Install LMS on the pi and keep your music files on the NAS

Lots of help about, here and there

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Why not bite the bullet and get a rpi4b (2gb), official power supply and a couple of sandisk ultra sd cards 16gb.

Install LMS on the pi and keep your music files on the NAS

Lots of help about, here and there

ronnie
    Thanks for the idea, I actually have a RPI4 that I was going to use as a pi-hole!

Would the advantage be that it is easier to mess about with an update bits etc. than the Readynas?

We use LMS / Squeezebox to play alpha music on repeat for our baby whilst sleeping, so there is never many hours in a day when I can mess even with LMS! :-)

I've always used a Readynas for LMS (in the past it was a Duo) and I like how it is all on the one system, but I guess I'm seeing limitations of this way of doing it...

There have been threads in the past about updating different versions of the Readynas.

Some of the old one are just not viable anymore.

Perhaps Michael Herger will drop in and advise.

Is the NETGEAR ReadyNAS 202 still current ? (I see it for sale on the web)

Perhaps updating LMS to v7.9.3 may help, but I don't know the correct procedure for the IO::Socket (it's easy on a rpi)

(on a side note, I have noticed that some people have problems when running LMS on the same device as pihole. but that might just be operator error).

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    There have been threads in the past about updating different versions of the Readynas.

Some of the old one are just not viable anymore.

Perhaps Michael Herger will drop in and advise.

Is the NETGEAR ReadyNAS 202 still current ? (I see it for sale on the web)

Perhaps updating LMS to v7.9.3 may help, but I don't know the correct procedure for the IO::Socket (it's easy on a rpi)

(on a side note, I have noticed that some people have problems when running LMS on the same device as pihole. but that might just be operator error).

ronnie
    Good question - I bought the 202 in Jan 2016, so it is hardly cutting edge! But it is still being offered updates from Netgear and runs the latest Readynas OS I think. Doing a bit of research I seem to remember that the proper Readynas app (super_poussin??) disappeared after Readynas OS 6.6 and never came back. It was a pain to manually install it after that but I managed to do it (with the help of this forum!) with the intention of never doing it again if at all possible!

It might be that I can update Readynas OS to the latest and nothing will be impacted, but I have a feeling that I'll have to re-install LMS etc. and that would not be popular!

Thanks for the heads-up about pi-hole, I set it up but noticed it was blocking everything under the sun and breaking every website we normally use to I put it back on the shelf until I had time to look at it again properly (who knows when that would be!). What I might do is forget about that and reformat it with piCorePlayer, enable LMS and if I get it working I can switch the players over to that and then do what I like with my Readynas safe in the knowledge that it is not a single point of failure for LMS anymore :-)

Having said that if anyone knows of a simple way to solve the problems I'm seeing above, I'd be up for solving them!

@slurmsmckenzie

check your PM for a message (you should have enough posts by now )

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by slurmsmckenzie View Post
    I have noticed there are issues with station logos and stream information now.
    When I look at my server information, I noticed that I don't even have an entry for IO::Sockets like others seem to have, is this going to be related do you think?
    What are your BBCiPlayer Settings.

Appearance of Station logos are different to program images. So please clarify.

The logos do not require Radioplayer or segments justr access to URL like http://radio-service-information.api...ra/128x128.png

The segments error won't be relevant to 5 live - ti will not provide info even if it works so nothing lost.
    The "RadioPlayer" error is odd as it does not require https so you should get program info.

Any messages in server.log at startup, the "coderef" error is not BBCPlaye related so indicates there is something else "wrong" with your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    What are your BBCiPlayer Settings.

Appearance of Station logos are different to program images. So please clarify.

The logos do not require Radioplayer or segments justr access to URL like http://radio-service-information.api...ra/128x128.png

The segments error won't be relevant to 5 live - ti will not provide info even if it works so nothing lost.
    The "RadioPlayer" error is odd as it does not require https so you should get program info.

Any messages in server.log at startup, the "coderef" error is not BBCPlaye related so indicates there is something else "wrong" with your setup.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated - I have always had "Always display station icon" ticked, although I must admit I hadn't noticed the setting before or twigged what it did until recently. Some time in the distant past I recall seeing more context specific images and text, but for the last while it has just been station logos - which I was happy with!

Looking back at the full server log, I can see that the segment errors only started after the update of the iPlayer plugin to 1.6.9 - think the last time I will have updated will have been around Sept 2019, but I'm afraid I can't remember exactly which version I was on before.

I think there is probably a fair bit wrong with my Readynas setup to be honest! It is way out of date by the looks of things. Think I'm on a version too low to support https, which sounds like it might be important (in the future if not now). The server log doesn't seem to have anything different over the startup phase:

Code:
    2020-07-30 12:07:08 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
    2020-07-30 12:07:56 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
    [20-07-30 12:08:08.2734] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar  8 14:18:44 UTC 2017) perl 5.020002 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi-64int
    [20-07-30 14:36:26.8075] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-07-30 14:36:56.8952] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-07-30 14:37:26.9670] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-07-30 14:37:57.0559] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-07-30 14:38:27.1251] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    Almost all log settings are set to "ERROR". I realise it isn't an iPlayer entry but I did also notice this in the server log:

Code:
    [20-08-03 12:06:18.0754] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 12:11:43.5955] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 12:20:09.4464] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value):  at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 134.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x8794290)
    [20-08-03 12:39:29.7356] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (214) error fetching BBC segments data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 12:39:29.8024] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (236) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC  data while playing so try fetching again
    [20-08-03 12:40:39.8662] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (214) error fetching BBC segments data while playing so try fetching again
    Mentions IO, which I don't appear to have on my list of server information - by which I mean I don't have "IO::Socket::SSL" listed, which has been mentioned a lot previously on the thread.

I think what I need to do is update my Readynas OS to the latest version and then get the latest available LMS for Readynas (ARM) installed and see if it sorts anything out. With the help of Man in a Van I've also managed to get a rPi working with piCorePlayer and LMS 7.9.3 reading music files from the Readynas, and it works really well - LMS is snappier than my Readynas has ever been. Now that I have some redundancy I can afford to potentially break my Readynas LMS without too much fear!

Thanks again for your help and tireless work on this amazing plugin!

Quote Originally Posted by slurmsmckenzie View Post
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated - I have always had "Always display station icon" ticked, although I must admit I hadn't noticed the setting before or twigged what it did until recently. Some time in the distant past I recall seeing more context specific images and text, but for the last while it has just been station logos - which I was happy with
    OK I wasn't clear whether you couldn't see either station icon or program image or both.

The setting means - program images will not be displayed just the station icon. Program text may be displayed if available. The station icon is obtained from URL in default.opml file as part of plugin.

Looking back at the full server log, I can see that the segment errors only started after the update of the iPlayer plugin to 1.6.9 - think the last time I will have updated will have been around Sept 2019, but I'm afraid I can't remember exactly which version I was on before.
    1.6.9 was necessary because Radioplayer metadata had broken and fixed in 1.6.9. 1.6.9 uses a very similar URL so I don't think 1.6.9 is the actual cause. Is it possible you had disabled metadata before 1.6.9 ?

Mentions IO, which I don't appear to have on my list of server information - by which I mean I don't have "IO::Socket::SSL" listed, which has been mentioned a lot previously on the thread.
    A lot of sites now automatically redirect "http" request to "https" which require an up to date SSL/TLS support. When "https" related problems became frequent, LMS added the "IO::Socket::SSL" version to Information tab as now a version of 2.x is typically minimum required.

That said, I checked Radioplayer and AFAICT "https" redirects do not occur so there may be something else happening. Getting up to date is ideal first step as it help in trying to mimic your setup.