Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer - squeezelite is not running

Hello

I 'm trying for days now to find a solution for a problem I ran into with piCorePlayer (4.0.0) and Raspberry pi (raspberry pi 3 model B V1.2) with a hifiberry dac+ .

It ran smoothly for a few days, but then it stopped working. Picoreplayer displays the message "Squeezelite is not running". I tried several fresh installs of pCP on the pi, installed it on another pi, disabled my firewall, tried older versions of pCP, bought a new microSD ... but nothing seems work.

My pi is connected with eth0 to my network. My LMS server is on the same network; it uses wifi. But all this was the same when it still worked.

Can someone help me? I would be really grateful!

Thanks a lot!

fagus

If squeezelite doesn't start, that is normally because the selected output does not exist.

On the squeezelite page, expand the more> but the Output setting field. What is listed in the "Available output devices"?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Okay thanks. But it used to run. Maybe somethings wrong with my hifiberry ...
    fagus

piCorePlayer - squeezelite is not running - available output devices

attached is the image showing the output devices ...
    thanx
    fagus
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by fagus View Post
    attached is the image showing the output devices ...
    thanx
    fagus
    I don't know if the problem is here, but all my pi's have some flavour of HiFiBerry HAT DAC, and is listed as an available output device. Yours doesn't show this.

Name:  berry.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  57.2 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Just solved the same or similiar issue

I spent much time with the same or similar issue while troubleshooting a stuttering output on what was formerly an awesome sound kit.

What I had done was click the Card Control button for the HifiBerry DAC+ (and Pro, AMP2) and unchecked the button/flag for Enable/Disable built-in audio. When this flag was unchecked there was nothing I could do to get past the "Squeezelite is not running" issue. Ok, not fully true, the only way I could get Squeezelite to run and for it to appear as an output option in PiCorePlayer was to SSH into the Pi3B+/AMP2 node and manually launch Squeezlite.

After retracing all my steps, I re-checked the option to Enable built-in audio and voil├ , Squeezlite would run and my pi3B+/AMP2 node was now visible as an output device in Squeezelite-X and Squeezer on my Android phone.

I repeated the events that caused the RPi3B+/Amp2 Squeezlite not running and was able to repeat the symptoms. So...make sure that check-box for built-in audio is activated!

Now.....why on earth would that cause such an issue?

Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by fagus View Post
    Hello

I 'm trying for days now to find a solution for a problem I ran into with piCorePlayer (4.0.0) and Raspberry pi (raspberry pi 3 model B V1.2) with a hifiberry dac+ .

It ran smoothly for a few days, but then it stopped working. Picoreplayer displays the message "Squeezelite is not running". I tried several fresh installs of pCP on the pi, installed it on another pi, disabled my firewall, tried older versions of pCP, bought a new microSD ... but nothing seems work.

My pi is connected with eth0 to my network. My LMS server is on the same network; it uses wifi. But all this was the same when it still worked.

Can someone help me? I would be really grateful!

Thanks a lot!

fagus