Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Including operators in Advanced Search UI

Is there a way, from the Advanced Search web UI, to include logical operators?

E.g. Track name does not start with Link:

Ideally without having to edit SQL in prefs.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Including operators in AdvancedSearch UI

> Is there a way, from the Advanced Search web UI, to include logical
    > operators?
    >
    > E.g. Track name does not start with Link:

That's more excluding than including? No, that's currently not
    supported. Should probably "fix" this...

--

Michael

Correct - including a NOT.

I have indexed some radio shows with .cue files ... and sometimes would like to listen to them without the spoken links which I have prefixed in the .cue file with "Link: " or I might want to play random tracks from those shows but, again, without the spoken links.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

> I have indexed some radio shows with .cue files ... and sometimes would
    > like to listen to them without the spoken links which I have prefixed in
    > the .cue file with "Link: " or I might want to play random tracks from
    > those shows but, again, without the spoken links.

Could you please give the latest nightly another try?

--

Michael

Will do.
    Paul Webster

Have now installed
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1542709705 @ Tue Nov 20 11:58:48 CET 2018
    and the contains/doesn't contain addition seems to work (I only tried "doesn't contain" on track title so far).

Thanks Michael.

Next step for me is to convert the search into a view etc.
    Paul Webster

Found one issue ...
    I used "Link: " as the marker for spoken links when generating my .cue files
    However, I suspect that the "contains" search and perhaps the field it is searching have stripped out the non-alphabetic characters.
    So ... it finds songs with "link" anywhere in their title.

I can understand that non-alpha might be a problem to handle ... but how about "Starts with" as a search criteria?
    That would make it much less likely to match unwanted stuff.
    Paul Webster

... and "Does not start with"
    Paul Webster

> I can understand that non-alpha might be a problem to handle ... but how
    > about "Starts with" as a search criteria?
    > That would make it much less likely to match unwanted stuff.

New builds are up...

--

Michael

Thanks again.
    That seems to do it.

Searching for Contains Link: returned 21423
    But searching for Start Link: returned 21418

and example of one that disappeared from 2nd search
    Robert Johnson - Dust My Broom Part 1 (featuring Hip Linkchain III)(T-Bone Walker remix)

I only spotted one that made it through ...
    Rupert Falsch - Links auf der Fahrbahn ein totes Tier

However, looking again at my syntax for links ... I put the date after Link: ... something like "Link: 2018/06/30 21" so changing the search to
    "Link: 2" (or "Link 2") - both without quotes worked fine.
    If I had thought of that before then I would not have need the "starts with" / "does not start with" ... but I do think it makes it a better overall solution that might help others.
    Paul Webster