Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Sounds like the usual internal capacitor issue ...
    Thanks Philippe. What do I need to do? Which capacitor needs replacing?

Quote Originally Posted by madpad View Post
    Most of the detail is in Joe's blog - link in the first post of the thread.

As @bpa says, you’ll find lots of information on Joe’s blog. I personally always replace all of them.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

As @bpa says, you’ll find lots of information on Joe’s blog. I personally always replace all of them.
    Hey Philippe

So we are talking about all of them, listed under "Issue 4: Crashing Instead Of Playback Starting" right? I think I will open the SLIM now and check if I see something on the board, if not I will just replace all of them.

Thanks.

Hey Philippe

So we are talking about all of them, listed under "Issue 4: Crashing Instead Of Playback Starting" right? I think I will open the SLIM now and check if I see something on the board, if not I will just replace all of them.

Thanks.
    Just opened the classic, are these capacitors ironed in or in a socket? Can I just pull to remove them?

Just opened the classic, are these capacitors ironed in or in a socket? Can I just pull to remove them?
    They are soldered in but there are suggestion how to remove them without desoldering

see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post909011

I would advise to read the whole thread and look at the pictures posted. They may not be the same capacitors you are replacing but they show techniques (e.g. https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post851581 )
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-01-05 at 09:21.

To add to what @bpa said, these are smd capacitor that can be removed using twist/turn technique but do not pull!. I personally replace them all with smds but this might be more difficult, I don't know how much you are comfortable with soldering (use solder paste if you go this route). If you are not used to that, I really recommend you have somebody else do the job for you, unless you just have to replace a couple of capacitor that obviously leaked. As I said in another post, this is an hour job with experience but can super frustrating otherwise

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Squeezebox Classic (SB3) Repair Considerations

Just want to mension that I have two SB Classics that I could sell. I am not sure if I still have the original boxes, manuals and so on, but the Classics and power supplys are there and still working fine AFAIK (will test this before) :-).

Shipping in Germany is no problem, shipping to other countries might be to expensive regarding the insurance for the package.

Let me know if you are interested, just drop me a message to chris (at) schoeppi.net

Ciao,

Schoepp

Quote Originally Posted by schoeppi View Post
    Just want to mension that I have two SB Classics that I could sell. I am not sure if I still have the original boxes, manuals and so on, but the Classics and power supplys are there and still working fine AFAIK (will test this before) :-).

Shipping in Germany is no problem, shipping to other countries might be to expensive regarding the insurance for the package.

Let me know if you are interested, just drop me a message to chris (at) schoeppi.net

Ciao,

Schoepp
    And I’ll buy the non-working one at a reasonable price to fix it unless Joe wants it too, in which case he has precedence.

And I’ll buy the non-working one at a reasonable price to fix it unless Joe wants it too, in which case he has precedence.
    Thanks Chris, I wrote you an email.