Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PiCoreplayer no sound on button-press (RPI Zero W)

Hi Guys,

I'm using LMS since a certain while. While I got some devices, one is a PiCoreplayer connected to the AUX input of my bathroom radio.
    (GIRA in-wall radio). Now I'd like to put everything under the wall and remove the GIRA radio.

I got a Pi Zero W with a Hifiberry mini-amp, which will connect to the small ceiling-speakers. I also added a 1.3" OLED I2C display, which works great.
    The next thing I'd like to add are TTP223 touch-buttons for play, pause, vol+, vol-... etc. The PiCore uses SBPD (SqueezeButtonPi) for controlling.

After I soldered one of the buttons and made a little breadboard-connection to test it, it is working worse than "so-so".
    What happens is, when the TP223 is connected to power, the music will not come out of the speaker (even when it is playing, what I can see on the display!).

I've figured out that the TP223 button is bridging GND & the I/O-port when connected to power. When "touching" the button between GND & I/O, there is 2-4V. (depending on the VCC).
    So in fact, the music "mutes" (not like a mute via any command, but as if you'd cut of the power of the amp) when for e.g. BCM16 or BCM26 are connected to GND.

After it is disconnected, the music immediately is hearable. Also when the button is pressed - then there is no connection between I/O & GND.
    The BCM16/26 (the ones I tried) are not used for the hifiberry, so this can not be the source of my problem.

Any suggestions?
    Regards,
    Matthias

Which touch device are you using. I'm using several adafruit modules.....they work just fine.....
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Which touch device are you using. I'm using several adafruit modules.....they work just fine.....
    I'm using this one: https://www.amazon.com/TTP223-Capaci.../dp/B01LWKFS7L
    I just changed the mode to be NC instead of NO, now the music's playing. (Soldering the connection "A")

But when pressing a button, for the time of the pressing, the music stops. And was well it makes an annoying "crack"-sound in the speaker.
    Does this occur on certain BCM's or how can this happen?

What sensors are you using? These ones are good, because they are cheap and more important very small.

Regards,
    Maeffjus

Quote Originally Posted by maeffjus View Post
    After I soldered one of the buttons and made a little breadboard-connection to test it, it is working worse than "so-so".
    Hi
    is there something like a 100 ohm Resistor in the switch?

RPI dont like switches without a Resistor, these switches are too fast.

My rpis run a python script and a Mouse for this kind of setup [<<] [||] [>] [>>] & Volume up Volume down.
    The Highend Version uses a Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse for this application.

So LMS does all the work no a amp cut off (seems you doing this "annoying "crack"-sound")

You could try to setup the internal pull down resistors in the rpi.

The crack noise is likely the amp powering down. Many cheap amps don't have the extra hardware to deal with the power/up/down with out a crackle.

This is from the hifiberry site, make sure you are correctly interpreting gpio. What pins on the 40 pin header are you connecting to

HIFIBERRY MINIAMP
    GPIOs 18-21 (pins 12, 35, 38 and 40) are used for the sound interface. GPIO16 can be used to mute the power stage. GPIO26 shuts down the power stage. You canĺt use these GPIOs for any other purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You could try to setup the internal pull down resistors in the rpi.

The crack noise is likely the amp powering down. Many cheap amps don't have the extra hardware to deal with the power/up/down with out a crackle.

This is from the hifiberry site, make sure you are correctly interpreting gpio. What pins on the 40 pin header are you connecting to
    Whooops :-)
    I think it is BCM26 & BCM16 - but weirdly these are not connected to the amp (there aren't even solder-points!).
    I'll try other ones and see if the crackling is gone!
    https://de.pinout.xyz/pinout/io_pi_zero (Layout from which I counted the GPIO's)

In fact the button does not power down, I used them to command the player to toggle PLAY/PAUSE. And the button is only in the mA range with its current consumption.

That layout is very confusing terminology, but yes in that layout BCM 26 is the same as GPIO26 that hifiberry is referring to.

Hi Paul / Hi Guys,

my frustration is rising to new heights...
    I have received all the parts I needed to finally assemble the player and system. Also I had printed all the parts in ABS and smoothed them.

So now two things have occured in-between:
    1. I assembled it and when all buttons where soldered, the reaction ot any button-press is totally paradox. If I press play, it is quite possible that it will skip the track, make it a bit louder and stop the playing.
    Also on pressing other buttons, basically any reaction and especially a combination of the is happening.

Unfortunately I have used VCC (5V) for the buttons, which will have an output of about 4,XXV when pressed. So I guess I barbecued the GPIO and bought a new RpiZeroW.

2. I have soldered the buttons to the 3.3V VCC befor connecting the new PI.
    But - the issue persists. I tried the configuration string with signal on falling edge / rising edge / no separate option (which is the standard).

So in fact the buttons are not usable at all, which is terribly annoying.
    Can anyone help me / share some ideas?

Regards,
    Matthias
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I don't have an answer for you - but I do like the panel.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Haha, thanks :-)

I'm now using the following GPIO's:

23 Play
    22 rew
    24 fwd
    25 vol+
    27 pwr
    17 vol-