Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pcp + LMS + NAS

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Because it runs perfectly on the pi
    🤪
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Had to say, except for mounting the server 2019 share
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

That's the first problem....using microsoft server as a file server. Newer versions of Windows are very very picky as to what is allow to mount a share. I'm sure it's some sort of firewall configuration issue.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

@paul. I've got the same idea but how to trouble shoot. I'm not even sure if the pi is able to connect at all. That's why I enabled SMB1 at the server side and used vers=1 and vers=2 at the pi side. Still no luck.
    Is it possible to mount from command prompt to get more feedback from the pi os? If so, how to do that?
    I tried to find the man page to figure out the mount options but could not find them.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    That's the first problem....using microsoft server as a file server. Newer versions of Windows are very very picky as to what is allow to mount a share. I'm sure it's some sort of firewall configuration issue.
    Tried with firewall completely disabled, no luck.
    Found mount man page http://linuxcommandlibrary.com/man/mount.cifs.html

Tried with vers=2.1 and vers=3.0 without luck.
    tried with domain=<MYDOMAIN> no luck
    tried with various version of sec= also no luck

I really do not have a clue where this is failing. Old Windows XP box is no problem. Since firewall on/off makes no difference i assume it could be a protocol thing but how to get this working....
    Any suggestions are welcome. There must be more people with this.

Tried with firewall completely disabled, no luck.
    Found mount man page http://linuxcommandlibrary.com/man/mount.cifs.html

Tried with vers=2.1 and vers=3.0 without luck.
    tried with domain=<MYDOMAIN> no luck
    tried with various version of sec= also no luck

I really do not have a clue where this is failing. Old Windows XP box is no problem. Since firewall on/off makes no difference i assume it could be a protocol thing but how to get this working....
    Any suggestions are welcome. There must be more people with this.
    What else does the Windows Server do apart from file sharing?
    If it's other jobs aren't that esoteric I'd wipe it and install a Linux of some sort and enable Samba (or better use NFS).
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Linux on the box is unfortunately not an option, sorry. Even a windows 7 box is able to use the shares and I did enable SMB1 already.

This is so ... frustrating. Not enough linux knowledge. Tried via ssh just to see what is going wrong and got a etc\fstub error", probably because i'm missing something. Im lost.
    Last edited by edwin2006; 2020-05-13 at 13:01.

Linux on the box is unfortunately not an option, sorry. Even a windows 7 box is able to use the shares and I did enable SMB1 already.

This is so ... frustrating. Not enough linux knowledge. Tried via ssh just to see what is going wrong and got a etc\fstub error", probably because i'm missing something. Im lost.
    I just mounted a share from a Win 2019 server using only the pCP WEB GUI, works absolutely fine

I still can't work out why you'd wan to mount a share from a server to another server for that server to serve music when you could do it in one step !

Hey Ho

Name:  2020-05-13 21_35_57-Window.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  2020-05-13 21_36_14-10.44.4.133 (tc).jpg
Views: 65
Size:  12.3 KB

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Hi Jeff, thanks for testing. In noticed the options field is different.
    Out of the blue I suddenly realised I copied the settings of the shares from the old server as for the rights on shares etc.
    Have to go for a few days but will create a fresh share with plain simple rights and try to mount this also with the same options and get back on this.
    At the end I'm when all is working I'm sure someone will be thankful.

As for the why double server hassle. Lms is mostly used for streaming radio so it does not rely heavily on the server being up and running, but I see you're point. Perhaps a reconsideration in the future. At the moment I just can't stand it that I'm not capable to get this working.

tried again. New share, simple basic settings even allowed test user full control. No luck...
    Perhaps someone notice a snag in the settings? Since jeff's test went succesful i've got the feeling it must be something simple.
    I do remember in the past when struggling with the XP mounting box i also tried to setup a share to a server 2016 essentials box for testing, that also failed that time.

Name:  PcP mount.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  8.6 KBName:  Mount error.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  49.8 KBName:  SMB1 enabled.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  29.6 KBName:  folder share.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  60.5 KBName:  folder security.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  34.4 KB
    Last edited by edwin2006; 2020-05-13 at 23:09.