Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Message from YouTube about not using the API

Hello
    Got this from YouTube:
    To Whom it May Concern:

This is to inform you that we noticed your project(s) has not accessed or used the YouTube Data API Service in the past 60 days.

For reference, your inactive project number is 187142000614

Please note, if your project(s) remains inactive for another 30 days from the date of this email (November 9, 2018), we will disable your project’s access to, or use of, the YouTube API Data Service. As per Section III(D)(4) of the YouTube API Services Developer Policies (link), YouTube has the right to disable your access to, and use of, the YouTube Data API Service if your project has been inactive for 90 consecutive days.

I am using the API everyday for streaming a channel. What am I supposed to do now to keep the access?

I was also wondering about this. Similarly, I presumed that searches using the YouTube plugin counted as 'activity'. I had a browse round my existing google project hoping the activity would registered.
    Does anyone know the answer to this?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post
    I was also wondering about this. Similarly, I presumed that searches using the YouTube plugin counted as 'activity'. I had a browse round my existing google project hoping the activity would registered.
    Does anyone know the answer to this?
    This might help.
    https://blog.futtta.be/2018/11/10/lyte-youtube-api-use/

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This might help.

Thanks for posting the link, slartibartfast.
    I must admit, however, that I couldn't find the 'Empty ...... cache' checkbox in the settings, that the blogger was referring to. I'll keep looking and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for posting the link, slartibartfast.
    I must admit, however, that I couldn't find the 'Empty ...... cache' checkbox in the settings, that the blogger was referring to. I'll keep looking and see if I can figure it out.
    Please write here if you find it. I have no idea about what LYTE is and I am amazed that I managed to get the YouTube plugin working.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This might help.

There is also a pretty simple answer to that. An API is supposed to be for an application, not per user. If anyone wants to create one and share it, then drastically it willl not expire
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Please write here if you find it. I have no idea about what LYTE is and I am amazed that I managed to get the YouTube plugin working.
    It might not be applicable to our application. The email from YouTube looked exactly the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Hello
    Got this from YouTube:
    To Whom it May Concern:

This is to inform you that we noticed your project(s) has not accessed or used the YouTube Data API Service in the past 60 days.

For reference, your inactive project number is 187142000614

Please note, if your project(s) remains inactive for another 30 days from the date of this email (November 9, 2018), we will disable your project’s access to, or use of, the YouTube API Data Service. As per Section III(D)(4) of the YouTube API Services Developer Policies (link), YouTube has the right to disable your access to, and use of, the YouTube Data API Service if your project has been inactive for 90 consecutive days.

I am using the API everyday for streaming a channel. What am I supposed to do now to keep the access?
    When you view the Dashboard for your YouTube project at

Https://console.developers.google.com

do you see activity?

I've done a bit more delving. The email that I received, quoted two project numbers which on closer inspection related to my inept earlier failures in setting up the YouTube plugin. I have now deleted these projects. The remaining project which relates to my successful setup of the plugin does indeed show evidence of activity, so I am hoping that it will be seen as active by Google.

Due to the few responses to this thread, I'm hoping that the majority of users just didn't get the email, as they set it up successfully first time.

I've done a bit more delving. The email that I received, quoted two project numbers which on closer inspection related to my inept earlier failures in setting up the YouTube plugin. I have now deleted these projects. The remaining project which relates to my successful setup of the plugin does indeed show evidence of activity, so I am hoping that it will be seen as active by Google.

Due to the few responses to this thread, I'm hoping that the majority of users just didn't get the email, as they set it up successfully first time.
    I didn't get the email and have not actually used the YouTube plugin since I installed a new server more than a month ago. Just to be safe I have now installed the YouTube plugin again to generate some activity.