Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to retain active playlist when squeezebox service is restarted

Hi there,

I run LMS on a Raspberry Pi with two groups of players. Group1: 4 synced players (1 SB receiver and 3 SB boom), Group2: 1 player (1 SB boom).
    When I occasionally either reboot the server or restart the squeezebox-server service, the active playlists on the players gets reset to some previosly used active playlist. Typically a playslist from a couple of days ago.

Is there any way I can restart the squeezebox-server service and retain the active playlist on all the players?
    I have tried having a single group but the problem is the same.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Best regards,
    -thomas

PS: I am amazed at how well my Raspberry Pi 3 runs LMS only expending 2-5 Watts.
    --
    Server: Raspberry Pi 3 running LMS 7.9.0
    Players: SB receiver + 4 SB boom, two groups: Group1: 3 SB Boom + 1receiver, Group2: 1 SB Boom
    Remotes: Mobile phone 1+ 3 and Asus tablet with SqueezeCtrl, Orange Squeeze and SqueezeCommander

Apps:
    Tidal

Perhaps implies that the playlist is being stored in memory and being written to "disk" (much) later.
    Are you using pCP to host your LMS?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Perhaps implies that the playlist is being stored in memory and being written to "disk" (much) later.
    Are you using pCP to host your LMS?
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Oops, I dont know what pCP is

My LMS is running on a Raspberry Pi on my local network using a wired connection. So I think the answer to your question is 'no'.

Best
    -thomas
    --
    Players: SB receiver + 4 SB boom, two groups: Group1: 3 SB Boom + 1receiver, Group2: 1 SB Boom
    Remotes: Mobile phone 1+ 3 and Asus tablet with SqueezeCtrl, Orange Squeeze and SqueezeCommander

Apps:
    Tidal

Did you install LMS by yourself or use 3rd-party package like piCorePlayer (pCP)?
    Paul Webster

Do you use Dont Stop The Music / Lastmix?

If yes - just add another / remove any track on your own to the playlist before you stop lms.
    Adding tracks from dstm didnt didnt trigger "change the cached / stored playlist".

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Did you install LMS by yourself or use 3rd-party package like piCorePlayer (pCP)?
    Oh, I installed LMS myself. I hadn't looked into pCP. I will have a look now.
    Cheers.
    -thomas
    --

Apps:
    Tidal

It should be possible to resolve your problem without you having to start from scratch.
    Knowing it is a self-install helps to remove some lines of enquiry.
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Do you use Dont Stop The Music / Lastmix?

If yes - just add another / remove any track on your own to the playlist before you stop lms.
    Adding tracks from dstm didnt didnt trigger "change the cached / stored playlist".
    I do use "Dont stop the music". I will try your suggestion. Thanks very much.

I have a crontab entry that makes the server reboot at night (perhaps overkill on a linux based system :-)) so it would be even better if I didn't have to do anything. Or perhaps I could do another crontab job that casued the playlist to be stored immediately before the reboot.

-thomas
    --

Apps:
    Tidal

Quote Originally Posted by tuc View Post
    I do use "Dont stop the music". I will try your suggestion. Thanks very much.

I have a crontab entry that makes the server reboot at night (perhaps overkill on a linux based system :-)) so it would be even better if I didn't have to do anything. Or perhaps I could do another crontab job that casued the playlist to be stored immediately before the reboot.

-thomas
    add that line in front of your crontab reboot similar to this:

pl:ay:er:ma:ca:dd:re:ss -> the mac adresss of the player

Code:
    printf "pl:ay:er:ma:ca:dd:re:ss playlist move 0 1\n pl:ay:er:ma:ca:dd:re:ss playlist move 1 0\nexit \n"|nc 127.0.0.1 9090
    That moves the 1st file to 2.nd place and back again.
    And that move is recon by lms and it saves the cached playlist.
    Last edited by DJanGo; 2018-11-07 at 14:01. Reason: its onlly a single line not two ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    add that line in front of your crontab reboot similar to this:

pl:ay:er:ma:ca:dd:re:ss -> the mac adresss of the player

Code:
    printf "pl:ay:er:ma:ca:dd:re:ss playlist move 0 1\n pl:ay:er:ma:ca:dd:re:ss playlist move 1 0\nexit \n"|nc 127.0.0.1 9090
    That moves the 1st file to 2.nd place and back again.
    And that move is recon by lms and it saves the cached playlist.
    Wow, so cool! Thanks!
    Just to be sure. I am talking about the active playlist, not a saved playlist with a name and located in the "playlist" folder as pointed to in the LMS settings.
    So I just want to keep whatever happened to be playing at the end of the day (before reboot) in order to press "play" in the morning (after reboot) and the songs from yesterday will play.

Cheers
    -thomas
    --

Apps:
    Tidal