Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    80

    LMS not running after upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.1

    No problems until the upgrade. LMS is installed but I cannot get it to run.

    I tried the following command, but no joy:
    sudo service logitechmediaserver start
    Last edited by merlinus; 2018-10-23 at 12:17.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    No problems until the upgrade. LMS is installed but I cannot get it to run.

    I tried the following command, but no joy:
    sudo service logitechmediaserver start
    Try "sudo systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service" and check the status with " sudo systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service" if it not runs it will reveal the reason why it isn't.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by HB64 View Post
    Try "sudo systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service" and check the status with " sudo systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service" if it not runs it will reveal the reason why it isn't.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk

    logitechmediaserver.service - LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver; generated)
    Active: active (exited) since Mon 2018-10-22 15:39:31 MDT; 21h ago
    Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 1016 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

    Oct 22 15:39:31 athena systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server...
    Oct 22 15:39:31 athena logitechmediaserver[1016]: Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: No
    Oct 22 15:39:31 athena logitechmediaserver[1016]: Starting Logitech Media Server.
    Oct 22 15:39:31 athena systemd[1]: Started LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server.

    But it seems to be still not running. I am trying to access it with the url http://localhost:9000/ which worked perfectly until now.
    Last edited by merlinus; 2018-10-23 at 13:04.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68
    It's not runnings, this line is showing that it is exited 21 hours ago "Active: active (exited) since Mon 2018-10-22 15:39:31 MDT; 21h ago"
    Try this "systemctl daemon-reload" and then "systemctl enable logitechmediaserver.service" "systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service" and then again "systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service".
    If it now still fails to run try "journalctl -xe" it may reveal whats wrong with LMS.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by HB64 View Post
    It's not runnings, this line is showing that it is exited 21 hours ago "Active: active (exited) since Mon 2018-10-22 15:39:31 MDT; 21h ago"
    Try this "systemctl daemon-reload" and then "systemctl enable logitechmediaserver.service" "systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service" and then again "systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service".
    If it now still fails to run try "journalctl -xe" it may reveal whats wrong with LMS.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk
    Thanks, but still not working. I will uninstall LMS and then re-install it to see if it makes any difference.

    Now I cannot install it. Here is synaptic's error msg:
    logitechmediaserver:

    Package logitechmediaserver has no available version, but exists in the database.
    This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of sources.list

    Is there some repository I can add so it can be installed?
    Last edited by merlinus; 2018-10-23 at 13:20.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68
    There is no repository, do the following to get it working again.

    Go to http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=7.9 for the latest debian nightly if you don't know what your system needs take the (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC) version and right mouse click on it to copy paste that link:
    "sudo wget “paste link here”"
    Check which name the downloaded package has:
    "ls"
    It should give you something like this:
    logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1481874538_arm.deb
    Copy paste that name in following code:
    "sudo dpkg -i “paste name here”"
    After installation start and enable LMS by following (other commands are status and
    restart):
    "sudo systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service"

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk
    Last edited by HB64; 2018-10-23 at 14:04.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by HB64 View Post
    There is no repository, do the following to get it working again.

    Go to http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=7.9 for the latest debian nightly if you don't know what your system needs take the (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC) version and right mouse click on it to copy paste that link:
    "sudo wget “paste link here”"
    Check which name the downloaded package has:
    "ls"
    It should give you something like this:
    logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1481874538_arm.deb
    Copy paste that name in following code:
    "sudo dpkg -i “paste name here”"
    After installation start and enable LMS by following (other commands are status and
    restart):
    "sudo systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service"

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk
    Thanks very much. I followed all the instructions, and now localhost:9000 comes up with a green background but is stuck on Loading Logitech Media Server.
    Last edited by merlinus; 2018-10-23 at 14:19.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    80
    Also, LMS is not listed in the Processes tab of System Monitor.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    80
    Since I cannot get LMS to run on my computer, are there other apps that will allow me to stream music through an RPi to my stereo system?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    Since I cannot get LMS to run on my computer, are there other apps that will allow me to stream music through an RPi to my stereo system?
    Just an idea. Why not run LMS on the Raspberry Pi?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •