Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 890 of 924 FirstFirst ... 390790840880888889890891892900 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 9231
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I don't have any tablet (well had a second hand Nexus7, but never really used), but my Android phone uses the same navigation and I have no issues - personal experience I know. If using the APK you can set the navigation to "blended" - then the space for the "-------" bar should be reserved and the controls moved up.

However, I'll see if I can do anything to prevent accidental swipes. This used to be an issue with the bottom tabs in the mobile layout.
    Yes it's a tablet issue -this has a 12" display so doesn't use the mobile layout so doesn't have the Browse / Playing controls at the bottom - this means that track position is right at the bottom of the screen.

Material is already set to the "standalone" option but as I use the apk this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-g View Post
    Yes it's a tablet issue -this has a 12" display so doesn't use the mobile layout so doesn't have the Browse / Playing controls at the bottom - this means that track position is right at the bottom of the screen.
    I've made some changes in git/master to help with this, would be great if you could test. If you do not know how, then don't worry - I'll make a release soon.

Material is already set to the "standalone" option but as I use the apk this doesn't seem to make any difference.
    As stated, that option only affects WebApps and has no affect with the APK.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

can't you just force mobile mode from the settings?
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 on Allo Digi One Signature (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry Digi+ Material running on PI for control (Office)
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 with pi official touchscreen and Hifiberry DAC+(Kitchen)
    Radio (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Allo BOSS DAC (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry AMP+. Squeezelite=x for control (Garage)
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)
    PiCorePlayer 8.2 with Hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)

LMS 8.3 on DIY unRaid 6.11.1 Server (Seneca HDs)

Quote Originally Posted by jp14 View Post
    As a I said earlier, I'm really not trying to start a holy war.
    I know, and constructive input is always welcome. I just dislike people using the "usability" card with no qualifications or proof as backup - and I stayed quiet until you used that card. However, I'm no usability expert either. However, lets not get bogged down with negativity!

I have no issues with apps with all controls at the top. I wrote the Cantata MPD client, and that has all controls at the top - see https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata...mainwindow.png

When designing Material skin's desktop layout I would have copied Cantata more, but with the player selector (and a desire to show its name), plus the volume control with up/down buttons, there was very little space left. Hence using a separate bar for the "now playing" control. I also like the top bar being very similar between mobile and desktop layouts (if you have layout set to "auto" Material will switch between mobile and desktop based upon window width).

I've had a play, and I think this mockup might work (think the play/pause button needs to be smaller):

Name:  mockup.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  205.4 KB

...but looking at this now I'm not 100% convinced. There's a lot of controls top left (play selection, control buttons, browse navigation)
    Last edited by cpd73; 2022-07-31 at 02:51.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

I know, and constructive input is always welcome. I just dislike people using the "usability" card with no qualifications or proof as backup - and I stayed quiet until you used that card. However, I'm no usability expert either. However, lets not get bogged down with negativity!

I have no issues with apps with all controls at the top. I wrote the Cantata MPD client, and that has all controls at the top - see https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata...mainwindow.png

When designing Material skin's desktop layout I would have copied Cantata more, but with the player selector (and a desire to show its name), plus the volume control with up/down buttons, there was very little space left. Hence using a separate bar for the "now playing" control. I also like the top bar being very similar between mobile and desktop layouts (if you have layout set to "auto" Material will switch between mobile and desktop based upon window width).

I've had a play, and I think this mockup might work (think the play/pause button needs to be smaller):

Name:  mockup.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  205.4 KB

...but looking at this now I'm not 100% convinced. There's a lot of controls top left (play selection, control buttons, browse navigation)
    Iĺm no UX expert either but I think there is clear logic to having the play pause forward back separate from other controls. In my experience things like shuffle / repeat / DSTM are set and forget or should be 99% of the time.
    iPeng - which I still use on my iOS devices as a player but controlled by Material - has these settings grouped with the time indicator above play / pause etc at bottom. I have accidentally set repeat on far too many times. You canĺt really make this mistake with Material. Just my 2p.

On the volume control. If you have swipe up/down switched on why do you need the volume control icon at all?
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I've posted over at the Spotty thread...

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...MS-8-)/page106

... post number 1051, about Material Skin and Spotty shuffling. Not sure if it should have been posted here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    I've posted over at the Spotty thread...

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...MS-8-)/page106

... post number 1051, about Material Skin and Spotty shuffling. Not sure if it should have been posted here or there.
    Sorry, I don't use spotify. What album list, where? Does the default skin provide these buttons?

Sorry, I don't use spotify. What album list, where? Does the default skin provide these buttons?
    Sorry, this will get a bit convoluted as you don’t know Spotify, but here goes…

I’m intrigued by the ability with Material Skin controlling the Spotty plugin to shuffle entire Spotify Playlist folders, which as far as I can tell is not available in the default skin or iPeng.

Material Skin shows a play button at the top of the resulting list after you click or tap on any Spotty Playlist folder, including any sub-folders within it, big or small, which allows you to play the whole folder, shuffled or not as you choose. I like this facility.

Spotty presents your Spotify Library “folders” (Songs, Albums, Playlists, etc). That play-the-whole-folder trick works for Playlists, but doesn’t seem to do so for Albums. I’m wondering if it can do, somehow, and if it's because I’m missing something.
    Last edited by whitman; 2022-07-31 at 07:31.

Can't see Music Folders

When I open My Music in Material Skin, I don't see "Music Folders". However, if I use the native interface on my Squeezebox Radio, I do.

I've checked in Additional Browse Modes, and Music Folders is enabled.

I'm sure I'm doing/missing something daft with this.

It took me ages to give up on the old LMS interface, and after the acclimatisation period, I did of course finally realise just how much better Material Skin is - particularly with the Android APK wrapper. The final piece of my puzzle is working out how to get Music Folders to appear...
    Server: piCorePlayer 8.2.0 on Pi 4B 2GB running LMS 8.3.0, with library on local 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Beringer UCA202 USB audio interface

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    When I open My Music in Material Skin, I don't see "Music Folders". However, if I use the native interface on my Squeezebox Radio, I do.

I've checked in Additional Browse Modes, and Music Folders is enabled.

I'm sure I'm doing/missing something daft with this.

It took me ages to give up on the old LMS interface, and after the acclimatisation period, I did of course finally realise just how much better Material Skin is - particularly with the Android APK wrapper. The final piece of my puzzle is working out how to get Music Folders to appear...
    In settings/Interface check the box for "Music Folder" as shown.
    Name:  Screenshot_20220801-001503.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  34.4 KBName:  Screenshot_20220801-001544.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  27.5 KB

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk