Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 792 of 805 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 8047
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Sounds like there is an error in your actions JSON file. Perhaps attach a copy here, and I'll check.
    Here is what's in my actions.json. As I stated this was working before the recent update. Also I copied in full your example from the wiki into a fresh actions.json and it gives the same error without any of the items showing in the menus.

Code:
    {
      "artist":[
        {
          "title":"Random Play Artist",
          "script":"lmsCommand('$ID', ['dynamicplaylist', 'playlist', 'play', 'dpldefault_zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_artist_a01_songs_random', 'dynamicplaylist_parameter_1:$ARTISTID'])",
          "icon":"playlist_play"
        },
        {
          "title":"Artist Radio",
          "lmscommand":["dynamicplaylist", "playlist", "play", "dpldefault_zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_artist_a01_songs_random", "dynamicplaylist_parameter_1:$ARTISTID"],
          "svg":"dice-list"
        }
      ],
      "genre":[
        {
          "title":"Random Play Genre",
          "script":"lmsCommand('$ID', ['dynamicplaylist', 'playlist', 'play', 'dpldefault_zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_genre_a01_songs_random', 'dynamicplaylist_parameter_1:$GENREID'])",
          "icon":"playlist_play"
        }
      ]
    }

Quote Originally Posted by shinedou View Post
    Here is what's in my actions.json. As I stated this was working before the recent update. Also I copied in full your example from the wiki into a fresh actions.json and it gives the same error without any of the items showing in the menus.
    Are you sure you're on 2.7.1 of MaterialSkin? As I've just copied your example into an actions.json and it appears to work just fine for me. I say appears, as I do not use these plugins but using my browser's dev tools I can see the a JSONRPC command is sent when the action is performed.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Are you sure you're on 2.7.1 of MaterialSkin? As I've just copied your example into an actions.json and it appears to work just fine for me. I say appears, as I do not use these plugins but using my browser's dev tools I can see the a JSONRPC command is sent when the action is performed.
    Yes I just verified I have Material Skin 2.7.1. I rebooted server > same error, Removed actions.json from prefs/material-skin > same error.
    I will try removing plugin and re-installing.

Radio > Tune in URL option available?

I often use Radio > Tune In URL but can't find it in the Material skin (not the TuneIn plugin, just the tune-to-a-radio-station-by-url functionality).
    Is it available? (I searched the thread but couldn't find any information).

The material skin is impressive. Thanks for all the great work.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 11.29.02 AM.png
Views: 230
Size:  94.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by coldslabs View Post
    I often use Radio > Tune In URL but can't find it in the Material skin (not the TuneIn plugin, just the tune-to-a-radio-station-by-url functionality).
    Is it available? (I searched the thread but couldn't find any information).

The material skin is impressive. Thanks for all the great work.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 11.29.02 AM.png
Views: 230
Size:  94.4 KB
    In the queue tab in a browser click "+" to add a URL. In the mobile layout click the three dots in the queue tab and choose add URL

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes I just verified I have Material Skin 2.7.1. I rebooted server > same error, Removed actions.json from prefs/material-skin > same error.
    I will try removing plugin and re-installing.
    It appears it was a browser cache issue. I cleared my cache and all is showing up now. Sorry about that. Now onto testing.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    In the queue tab in a browser click "+" to add a URL. In the mobile layout click the three dots in the queue tab and choose add URL
    Ah, perfect. That's a convenient place to have the option. Thanks!

Regarding the Custom menu entries and actions would it be possible to combine multiple commands (actions) into one menu entry either using lmscommand: or script:?

Regarding the Custom menu entries and actions would it be possible to combine multiple commands (actions) into one menu entry either using lmscommand: or script:?
    Yes, you could use a script.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Yes, you could use a script.
    OK I was able to get a test script to work that has two commands in it. One thing I have noticed is whatever the first variable is, for example $ID, is not passed onto the second command. I had to use $NAME in the second command to get the script to work. For whatever reason if I use $ID more than once it sends that param blank.

Blank Param in request payload...
    Code:
    {"id":0,"method":"slim.request","params":["",["dynamicplaylist","playlist","stop"]]}
    This works...
    Code:
        {
          "script":"lmsCommand('$ID', ['dynamicplaylist', 'playlist', 'play', 'dpldefault_zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_artist_a01_songs_random', 'dynamicplaylist_parameter_1:$ARTISTID']); setTimeout(() => lmsCommand('$NAME', ['dynamicplaylist', 'playlist', 'stop']), 10000)",
          "icon":"queue_music"
        },
    This does not work...
    Code:
        {
          "script":"lmsCommand('$ID', ['dynamicplaylist', 'playlist', 'play', 'dpldefault_zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_artist_a01_songs_random', 'dynamicplaylist_parameter_1:$ARTISTID']); setTimeout(() => lmsCommand('$ID', ['dynamicplaylist', 'playlist', 'stop']), 10000)",
          "icon":"queue_music"
        },