Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 771 of 923 FirstFirst ... 271671721761769770771772773781821871 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 9227
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    What would be great would be if LMS supported the concept of users. Then each user could have their own favourites, playlists, virtual libraries, Spotty credentials, BBC sounds credentials, language, etc. Could be achieved by adding an optional "user_id:XXX" parameter to JSONRPC calls, but would need a lot of LMS changes, so very unlikely to ever happen
    OT but I've often wondered whether you can run 2 x LMS on the same machine perhaps one native and one via VM or whether even this approach would require too many changes. Someone must have tried it in the past ....
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Announce: Material Skin

> OT but I've often wondered whether you can run 2 x LMS on the same
    > machine perhaps one native and one via VM or whether even this approach
    > would require too many changes. Someone must have tried it in the past

Get a stack of Pis and build a LMS cluster :-). Or try to run multiple
    Docker containers on one single Pi...

The problem with all on one machine is port 3484, which can't be
    changed. Even the VM would need to run in bridged mode, on its own IP
    address.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Get a stack of Pis and build a LMS cluster :-). Or try to run multiple Docker containers on one single Pi...
    I already have that sort of set up - currently 1 x Pi3, 1 x Core32 and an old HP Microserver with SSD all using the same QNAP NFS store. The HP is still the fastest! There is another Pi3 at a remote location with a synced copy of the music files on another QNAP. I recognise that most people don't have the amount of kit that I do. Multiple dockers on a single Pi sounds an interesting approach - an excuse to get another Pi4!
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Use the app's settings to set the navigation bar to either "Visible (standard)" or "Visible (blended)"
    It's that easy... Perfect as always! Thanks so much!
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

WebApp - fullscreen, or with navigation controls?

For 2.6.1 I think i have resolved the issue where swiping up from the bottom in Android (and iOS?), to show the navigation bar, caused Material to switch view. For 2.6.0 I changed the WebApp mode from "fullscreen" to "standalone". "standalone" mode allows the WebApp to function like a normal-ish app, but shows the statusbar (top of screen) and navigation bar (bottom of screen). In this mode there is no issue with swiping, as the navigation controls are always shown. But with Chrome the navigation bars are drawn in a grey area of a different colour to Material - which looks odd to me. "fullscreen" hides the status and navigation bars - and you need to swipe to show these. This allows more screen space for Material. Prior to 2.6.0 fullscreen was the standard mode, but some users (rightly) complained about issues when swiping up to show the Android navigation would also cause Material to think its bottom nav bar had been pressed, and change view.

As stated, I'm pretty confident for 2.6.1 I have fixed this issue with Material changing view, etc, when swiping to show navigation. So, my question is, should I leave the WebApp in "standalone" mode (with controls shown), or run in "fullscreen" (pre 2.6.0 behaviour) now that the issue is resolved? It would be nice to allow both, but (AFAIK) a web app can only have 1 manifest file - and its this file that defines the mode.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I already have that sort of set up - currently 1 x Pi3, 1 x Core32 and an old HP Microserver with SSD all using the same QNAP NFS store. The HP is still the fastest! There is another Pi3 at a remote location with a synced copy of the music files on another QNAP. I recognise that most people don't have the amount of kit that I do. Multiple dockers on a single Pi sounds an interesting approach - an excuse to get another Pi4!
    (Distinctly off topic and I apologise...)

I was going to do exactly this with a Pi 4 (and did initial testing with that), but then remembered I had an old NUC 2820 machine in a cupboard doing nothing (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...kh.html)...and I recently went down this path.

So recently I decided to get on board the docker train, and I thus now have all of these running in docker:

• 1 * Reverse-Proxy/Let's Encrypt SWAG gateway thing
    • 1 * LMS (have previously run two, and might again, kids vs. adults - rather than trying to use multiple library approaches within LMS...you just switch the player between the available sources and off you go, works well!)
    • 1 * MariaDB
    • 1 * MariaDB-backup tool
    • 1 * OneDrive (this only runs overnight for syncing my music to my work library, as this one is a bit of a CPU hog when it does its periodic re-syncs otherwise)
    • 2 * Headless Kodi instances (allowing for 24/7 library updates without the need to run library scans on client machine -> pointing at two libraries, one for kids and one for adults)
    • 1 * Beets (for largely automated incoming music processing)
    • Some youtube-dl and other containers I spin up as-needed

...all running on that puny (Celeron 2830, 8gb ram, some sort of basic 2TB SSD in there) machine...without performance issues. CPU rarely goes over 10% in day to day use.

The Pi 4 is now doing duties with PiHole and PiVPN - but it would easily run two LMS instances I'd say. Initial scans might take a while but other than that, the WebUI/Material was very responsive (I have about 1800 albums in all), Spotty worked fine etc.

Docker is _great_ for this sort of thing. You have one compose file which very clearly defines all the ports and folders used, so everything is nicely in one place. Then simple commands to upgrade, start and stop the services defined in there. I have another docker-LMS instance on a Kodi (Coreelec, Odroid N2) machine I take when we travel (well, theoretically, travel being a bit constrained of late )

And the performance is near native....amazingly so, really. From a practical perspective you just can't tell it's virtualised really. So in summary, I think for multiple libraries the docker approach with separate LMS instances is a great way to go for multiple libraries, if you're on the fence...

Show Image

Hi

When I click on Show Image three symbols appear in the top right of the screen (when using Squeezelite-X). Two are self-explanatory. One increases/decreases the image size and the other closes the image. I cannot work out the middle image which changes shape when it is clicked but does nothing else. It also appears when using Android and doesn't do anything when clicked. What is it for?!

Thanks.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Hi

When I click on Show Image three symbols appear in the top right of the screen (when using Squeezelite-X). Two are self-explanatory. One increases/decreases the image size and the other closes the image. I cannot work out the middle image which changes shape when it is clicked but does nothing else. It also appears when using Android and doesn't do anything when clicked. What is it for?!

Thanks.

Steve
    It is supposed to go Full Screen - does on mine - but I suspect ts being constrained by the Squeezelite-X container.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Ah ok, thanks.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    It is supposed to go Full Screen - does on mine - but I suspect ts being constrained by the Squeezelite-X container.

No, material does not require a restart of LMS - just reload Material in your browser, as Material does not get any event when the language has changed. (This is the same as for the Default skin).

Having Material use a different language setting from LMS would not work, as some strings come from LMS. Therefore you would have a mixture of languages.
    Right. I guess the phone's browser must have been misbehaving then as it kept displaying English after I changed the server language setting.

Either way, I figured the skin referenced the json language files inside its tree for the browser to display the desired language, but it turns out that the i18n directives in the web pages are handled by the web server component. As for running a second instance to tackle the language issue, `compiling` the web pages to a fixed language seems like a much better idea to me.