Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 751 of 765 FirstFirst ... 251651701741749750751752753761 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,510 of 7645
  1. #7501
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. UK
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Is this with LMS 8.2? I've (today) been updating Material to better handle the new podcast search from this. I can add the ability favourite a search result, but not favourite a podcast from the main listing. Search results return the URL required to add a favourite, but when just listing subscribed podcasts no URL is returned. Not sure why this is, or how the default skin can do this - but it uses (I think) a different API.
    I'm using the latest LMS 8.2 nightly - just seen that you've been updating Material so have installed the dev version. If I understand you correctly I mean favourite the main listing; i.e. from the first result returned by the search. In the example I gave, 'The Life Scientific', the first result back is effectively a container for all the episodes of 'The Life Scientific'. Material can already favourite an individual podcast - play a podcast and select 'Track/More' and in the left pane there's an option 'Save to Favourites'.

    Looking at favourites.opml the container URL is...
    https://podcasts.files.bbci.co.uk/b015sqc7.rss

    As a test I put that URL into the Podcast plugin search field in Material and it came back with the container so it looks like the Default Skin is somehow finding the URL of the rss feed and allowing it to be set as a favourite.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

  2. #7502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    I'm using the latest LMS 8.2 nightly - just seen that you've been updating Material so have installed the dev version. If I understand you correctly I mean favourite the main listing; i.e. from the first result returned by the search. In the example I gave, 'The Life Scientific', the first result back is effectively a container for all the episodes of 'The Life Scientific'. Material can already favourite an individual podcast - play a podcast and select 'Track/More' and in the left pane there's an option 'Save to Favourites'.
    To favorite an item from the main podcast listing Material needs to know its URL - this is not supplied in the JSONRPC response from LMS. I'm not sure how the default skin gets this, so I will investigate more. Material can already favourite from search results, and subscribe (via the plugin) from there. But the default skin can also favourite from the subscribed list.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  3. #7503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,919
    My wife bought an Amazon Fire HD Tablet on Monday (Prime Day). It’s the one “with Ads”. I got to play with it today and of course I popped the Material apk onto it from F-Droid.
    Worked first time and I was really pleased to see that if you press the home button while Material is open when you press it again to wake up the tablet Material defeats the Ads. Big Bonus.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  4. #7504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,919
    Very very minor display issue when track is multi tagged. Appears in 2 places as Artist1,Artist2 with no spacing.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  5. #7505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Very very minor display issue when track is multi tagged. Appears in 2 places as Artist1,Artist2 with no spacing.
    Works OK for me. The issue, I think, is that you are using an iPhone/iPad - and Apple's WebKit does not support the regex function (from 2018!) that is used to split this up - and installing another browser will not help as they are all forced to use WebKit.

    Mind you I only 1 artist in the Track/Details view - so that needs fixing.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  6. #7506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,919
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Works OK for me. The issue, I think, is that you are using an iPhone/iPad - and Apple's WebKit does not support the regex function (from 2018!) that is used to split this up - and installing another browser will not help as they are all forced to use WebKit.

    Mind you I only 1 artist in the Track/Details view - so that needs fixing.
    Ah
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  7. #7507
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,381
    I don't know if this is a podcast or a material thing, but the "Search feeds" input field isn't on top of the list but in the list:

    Name:  lms_material_search.png
Views: 231
Size:  24.7 KB

    Is it supposed to be there?
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

  8. #7508
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,664
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I don't know if this is a podcast or a material thing, but the "Search feeds" input field isn't on top of the list but in the list:

    Name:  lms_material_search.png
Views: 231
Size:  24.7 KB

    Is it supposed to be there?
    It's in alphabetical order?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  9. #7509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I don't know if this is a podcast or a material thing, but the "Search feeds" input field isn't on top of the list but in the list:
    Already reported, by philippe44, and fixed for the next release. You are using LMS8.2 which now has extra podcast features. Pre-LSM8.2 the podcast app only listed podcasts, so Material added A-Z sorting. I've now fixed this so that the actions remain at the top, but the podcasts are still sorted.

    Material has its own podcast search, but this will be hidden for LMS8.2 - and I'm thinking of just removing the code.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  10. #7510
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    It's in alphabetical order?
    That's exactly what I said when we binge-watched Star Wars the other day and some of the guys started complaining because we started with "Attack of the Clones"...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Already reported, by philippe44, and fixed for the next release. You are using LMS8.2 which now has extra podcast features. Pre-LSM8.2 the podcast app only listed podcasts, so Material added A-Z sorting. I've now fixed this so that the actions remain at the top, but the podcasts are still sorted.

    Material has its own podcast search, but this will be hidden for LMS8.2 - and I'm thinking of just removing the code.
    Thank you for the explanation. I guess I'm late for the party here, too, but in case I'm not: The "Search feeds" entry also has the "Edit" and "Remove" options (in this three vertical dots menu), which aren't really needed.

    As always, thank you, guys.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •