Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 723 of 764 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 7639
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Go to "Material Skin" in LMS's settings - for Materia this is; top-right menu, Settings, Server, Click on menu top-left and choose 'Material Skin'
    Excellent, thanks. Sorry I missed this looking there.

Returning to now-playing

Material has a "(...)" icon in the now-playing page that when clicked shows track info in the browse view. When this was initially implemented, a user (forget who) asked that when you clicked the back button in the browse view that the now-playing view is re-shown. I think this was mainly a mobile use case, as the tab switches from now-playing to browse.

For 2.4.0 I added other links in the now-playing MAI view, and made album and artist clickable in now-playing. These show album and track lists, in the browse view. Clicking the back button then re-shows now-playing. Which is to be consistent with the previous implementation.

Apesbrain has commented that this going back to now-playing is "unexpected".

Is this "now-playing -> click link -> show in browse -> click back -> re-show now-playing" unexpected/odd? From my perspective clicking back should take you back to where you were => now-playing. Should it be removed? Only implemted for mobile layout (but this makes it inconsistent between layouts)? Or left as is?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Material has a "(...)" icon in the now-playing page that when clicked shows track info in the browse view. When this was initially implemented, a user (forget who) asked that when you clicked the back button in the browse view that the now-playing view is re-shown. I think this was mainly a mobile use case, as the tab switches from now-playing to browse.

For 2.4.0 I added other links in the now-playing MAI view, and made album and artist clickable in now-playing. These show album and track lists, in the browse view. Clicking the back button then re-shows now-playing. Which is to be consistent with the previous implementation.

Apesbrain has commented that this going back to now-playing is "unexpected".

Is this "now-playing -> click link -> show in browse -> click back -> re-show now-playing" unexpected/odd? From my perspective clicking back should take you back to where you were => now-playing. Should it be removed? Only implemted for mobile layout (but this makes it inconsistent between layouts)? Or left as is?
    If I started from "Now Playing" I would expect to return to "Now Playing". It would be unexpected not to return there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    In application settings

Found it. Simply overlooked the option within the menu....
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If I started from "Now Playing" I would expect to return to "Now Playing". It would be unexpected not to return there.
    Even in desktop layout? e.g. (i) button is pressed, show artist/album/track info, click (...), now-playing closes, browse (left hand side) shows track info, press back button, MAI artist/album/track is re-shown?

I don't really use these links myself, hence asking others if the going back to now-paying makes sense (it does to me). Thanks for your input.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Even in desktop layout? e.g. (i) button is pressed, show artist/album/track info, click (...), now-playing closes, browse (left hand side) shows track info, press back button, MAI artist/album/track is re-shown?

I don't really use these links myself, hence asking others if the going back to now-paying makes sense (it does to me). Thanks for your input.
    I don't use desktop much if at all.

I like it as is.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    I like it as is.
    Well, I'm thinking of leaving as is for mobile layout, but reverting for desktop

Well, I'm thinking of leaving as is for mobile layout, but reverting for desktop
    How does it work at the moment for desktop? What is the now playing screen for desktop?

Is the complaint that the back button should take you back to the MAI information screen instead of the Now Playing screen?