Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 613 of 705 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 7050

Announce: Material Skin

I like to use the material skin on my mobile device. However, launching a shortcut to the URL opens LMS with material skin in a new chrome tab. I often have have several tabs open in Chrome, so it makes it awkward when switching apps/web browser tabs, and I often find I've launched it a few times and have multiple tabs open.

In the past I've used apps that can build a dedicated app wrapper around a web page, such that this can be launched as a separate app outside of Chrome, optionally with/without additional browser capabilities, such as menu strip/toolbar, search facility.

I've not had a lot of luck finding one that works well with LMS material skin. Has anyone had any success like this?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post
    I like to use the material skin on my mobile device. However, launching a shortcut to the URL opens LMS with material skin in a new chrome tab. I often have have several tabs open in Chrome, so it makes it awkward when switching apps/web browser tabs, and I often find I've launched it a few times and have multiple tabs open.

In the past I've used apps that can build a dedicated app wrapper around a web page, such that this can be launched as a separate app outside of Chrome, optionally with/without additional browser capabilities, such as menu strip/toolbar, search facility.

I've not had a lot of luck finding one that works well with LMS material skin. Has anyone had any success like this?

Phil
    If you are using Android there is a packaged apk which is pretty much what you are looking for. It can be found here:
    https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material-app/releases
    Last update was September 2020. Not sure what that impacts from a functionality perspective. I use it and have no issues.

-Chris

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post

Phil
    If you mean Chrome on Android, I've just tried "Add to homescreen" and this works fine. A launcher icon is created that starts Material in fullscreen with no location bar, etc. However, as LMS is not HTTPS, whenver you enter text Chrome will show a warning strip along the top stating the site is insecure. For this, and other reasons, I created the Material APK.

If you mean desktop Chrome, when you create the shortcut tick "Open as window"
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNY View Post
    If you are using Android there is a packaged apk which is pretty much what you are looking for. It can be found here:
    https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material-app/releases
    Last update was September 2020. Not sure what that impacts from a functionality perspective. I use it and have no issues.
    I use the app daily. There have ben no subsequent releases as it works fine for me as is.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    There have ben no subsequent releases as it works fine for me as is.
    Yes, it does! The greatest features are that it can work without login and that you can use the hardware volume buttons.
    I love it!

And what is mostly important is that the WAF is really high!

PS: WAF=Woman acceptance factor
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

>If you are using Android there is a packaged apk which is pretty much
    >what you are looking for. It can be found here:
    >https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material-app/releases
    >Last update was September 2020. Not sure what that impacts from a
    >functionality perspective. I use it and have no issues.

Ah, thanks for this, that is very almost what I was looking for. It works really well, except it overwrites the android navigation bar area at the bottom. If I swipe up to reveal the nav bar, it takes that as a touch on the LMS web page. It doesn't seem to be possible to avoid this, and it's very annoying. I keep switching browse mode, or bringing up now playing Artist Biography.

>Ah, thanks for this, that is very almost what I was looking for. It works really well, except it overwrites the android navigation bar area at the bottom. If I swipe up to reveal the nav bar, it takes that as a touch on the LMS web page. It doesn't seem to be possible to avoid this, and it's very annoying. I keep switching browse mode, or bringing up now playing Artist Biography.

Nevermind. I found an option in Application Settings to make the Navigation bar visible. This now works really well - thanks!

Phil

>If you mean Chrome on Android, I've just tried "Add to homescreen" and
    >this works fine.

I had happily created a direct link on Android homescreen to launch LMS material skin in Adroid Chrome.
    However, this just gets lost as yet another open tab in chrome app, so if I'm doing something else and want to get back to it, it have to navigate to the correct tab, or click the link on the homescreen and it opens another tab. Over time, this builds up.

>For this, and other reasons, I created the Material APK.

Fantastic, just what I was looking for. A separate app, not appearing in Chrome, so it is easy to switch back to. And if I touch the homescreen icon, it switches back to it as well if it is already open.

Thank you

Thank you for such a wonderful and functional skin for LMS. I'm sure many people have been enjoying it for a long time, I'm kind of new but I really like it especially the swipe up for volume change. Curious, does it have the ability to tap the album art to start or stop...or is it just swipe for volume control? Perhaps even swipe left or right for next/prev would be good too.

Anyways thank you

Quote Originally Posted by edwardthern View Post
    Thank you for such a wonderful and functional skin for LMS. I'm sure many people have been enjoying it for a long time, I'm kind of new but I really like it especially the swipe up for volume change. Curious, does it have the ability to tap the album art to start or stop...or is it just swipe for volume control? Perhaps even swipe left or right for next/prev would be good too.
    Swipe left/right changes view. I see no point on tap to start/stop - there is a very visible play button that handles this.